It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extend Tax Cuts for 95% ??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
I am interested in all responses to this, though primarily those who are Democrat. What alternate motivation do you believe is behind this? Simply a hate for the rich? Need more money, no matter what, for bloated programs. Please explain it to me to where my original thesis is null and void, and they actually are "looking out for us". VS just manipulating us for their own gain.

For many its simply the belief that those that make the majority of the money in the United States should also pay a large share of the taxes.

In addition the trickle down theory of giving those at the top more money to increase investment and employment has been a failure. Those at the top have the most wealth since the days of big steel in the 1800s. Which should mean a huge number of jobs and a robust economy according to the trickle down theory. Yet, that's simply not the case.

The 1950s and 1960s that we remember as one of the best periods for the United States economy had extremely high taxes for the wealthy. The wealthy invested in businesses in order to avoid taxes. It was forced trickle down and it worked incredibly well. Now they simply hoard it at the top while their paid politicians continue to sing the praises of the volunteer trickle down myth.

A higher tax for those at the top with huge credits for investment in the United States is the system we need to go to. It's not hatred of the rich nor class warfare, but simply an acknowledgement of reality.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

we might legalize that in california here. I think what would help out alot is an audit of the who system every year just like companys get audited. as of right now the feds dont get audited. I think we would find TONS of money in coruption and that inturn will throw out those who are corupted. we need grass root house members not life time politions. (Spelling sorry)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I agree with this prospect. The question being "will it fix anything?". Please, If you only believe that the economic situation in this country is going to get worse, as I do, what can we do to fix it? Obviously our leaders are either unable, or unwilling, depending on what you believe. So I do believe it comes down to us "The American People" to come up with ideas that they can at least try.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Thank you. I agree both Ideas would help. The trick is taking the second step and telling as many people as possible. Getting them to listen, and then act, before it is too late.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Actually I agree with that as well as all other recreational drugs, I mean if they want population control what better way to do it then legalizing hardd rugs, too, and let the abusers die off from their own stupidity?? I mean I may sound a bit harsh, but honestly think of how many people would just abuse till they die, leaving only the strong willed, and smart behind? But it'll never happen you know why? The gubbment loves this drug war too much, it loves making criminals out of anybody it can. Too bad too, cause said drug war is a huge drain on the economy. The next thing to do is to stop the a@@@ clown state divisions of youth and family services, they are a drain and most of the time they do not function correctly they harass innocent people while the dumb a@#%# let the evil jerk offs kill their kids, instead let a non profit take over children's rights and advocacy and I gaurantee that only the truly in need children will get notice, because it won't be about money!!! It'll really be about helping the children. That's my opinion anyway.

But like you said it is just a small fix, I beleive an overhaul of the entire system is very much needed. and to base it on some kind of real foundation (our money), not on ledgers created by banks and I would go further as to say, shut down these banks all this mess is really their fault anyway!

[edit on 16-8-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

stupid computer had a brain fart double post~~~~~~

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

After you post ANY idea. If you give me permission, I will compile ALL your ideas, regardless of personal prefference and send it to local, state and national representatives Nation wide. Maybe somebody, somewhere, will listen.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Iv'e always believed moving all recreational drugs into the status of pharmesutical, would be beneficial in several ways. More control over the drugs themselves. Lowering prices dramatically, making "drug dealing" far less attractive. And stopping the "war on drugs" completely. If you give me your permission. I will add your other Ideas to my list, under your screen name and send it out with the rest.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Iv'e always believed moving all recreational drugs into the status of pharmesutical, would be beneficial in several ways. More control over the drugs themselves. Lowering prices dramatically, making "drug dealing" far less attractive. And stopping the "war on drugs" completely. If you give me your permission. I will add your other Ideas to my list, under your screen name and send it out with the rest.

Permisson granted. And if the legislaters say nobody will do a non profit to help abused and neglected children of this country, well you can give them my name because I would very much like to do it non profit and be the voice for those children without becoming rich on it!!! I think the government controlled programs are tarnished, they just want money for their removal and placement and the foster parents just want that check every month, I have seen horrible things that happen to children in the system that is supposed to protect them!!!! This kind of non profit would ensure that those only in need would be removed, and that the families they go to are truly loving people who care about the kids and not about the money. For those kind of people, there need not be any incentive for taking in these children. But that is JMO.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Thank you, you will officially be on the first page. "after my own rants of course".

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

by all means take my idea. well its not an idea. its what needs to be done. if companys must be audited so should the goverment! this should automaticly be a bipartison idea that should pass but guess what there was a bill like this that did not pass a month ago. i wonder why???? what are they hiding????

[edit on 16-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Thank you, you shall be added. If you want any further ideas in my statement, just let me know.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by dizzie56

I agree we are in a downward spiral. How the HECK do we get out of it? We can't trust either party. You can't explain it to their party members without being verbally assaulted as a "nut". Is there no way out? Doomed as a country, NO MATTER WHAT?

To me, you have to start over for it to be better again. Like you said, talking doesnt work anymore. You are either a nut or dont know what you are talking about. I have to blame alot of that on Clinton with his "It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is." You cant talk to people without any and every justification for what is happening in the world to come out in the conversation so that the person you are talking to can feel like the "won" that conversation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

We have the right to start over.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If I'm really going to do this (which I am more than willing). Im going to need "lots" of ideas. Prefferably hundreds. And I'm going to need help. If you or any others are willing to create a secondary post "how to save our economy" or anything else you want to call it. I will take and use, with the posters written permission, on the post itself, ALL ideas. Just let it be known there will be NO editing, not for spelling, gramar, anything. It will be a straight copy and paste of the idea. If you are willing, thank you. If not, any others who read this, the offer goes out to you as well. Collect the data. I will not only send it to every local, state, and National representatives, I will send it to every major media site. I work so much I have little time to sleep. Though I'm worried enough about the economic situation my country is in, to take the time to do this. Let the members know, unless otherwise stated, their screen names will be attached to their ideas.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I commend you for doing this, but I really think you should be aware a lot of these ideas are going to be met with a lot of criticism and naysaying, and likely will just end up in the trash... but who knows, someone out there may listen, can't rule everyone out there has to be at least one politician, media rep., or such that can see this as doable. One who isn't confined by the box!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

If we don't "Shake the box" nothing will change. What do we have to lose?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Exactly! Good point...either this or a true revolution, blood shed and all, hey you may want to add "these are our demands, if they're not met then we the people declare full war onto this corrupted government." Maybe that'll get them motivated? But first we would have to be prepared for the Revolution, enough of us here on ATS have weapons, but never mention about really grouping together and preparing to fight for our best interest, but then again look what happened in WACO. Maybe the government is just too powerful now to ever give us a chance at revolution?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The letter to each of these organizations will start:

Dear Media agency/ Governement official. I have now sent this information to hundreds of other government/ media representatives. This will come out publicly VERY soon, just giving you time to come out and speak on this first.

The United States, economic situation, is in the minds of everybody in this country.

The best and brighteset economists have not been able to come up with a real fix.

Therefore here is a collection of 200+ ideas, from true American citizens, as to what could acually be done to help.

Each of these people realize we are in an economic crisis with no real solution.

None of these ideas have been edited in any way, Including:

Content

Grammar

Or Spelling

They are simply ideas that have not been considered, or have been blatantly ignored.

Everybody in this statement, realizes something must be done.

This is "The Voice of The People". You may want to listen.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Excellent. We need change and we need them to realize we will not accept anything, but a positive change!!! I really hope that this will do something to change the situation. We all could do civil disobedience, like growing our own food regardless of new outrageous laws and also selling this produce as well...stuff like that.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
How about all the farmers we pay NOT to grow corn or dairy farm actually do and give that away in lieu of some percentage of food stamps? Give people actual food instead of vouchers.

Throw the illegals out ASAP.

End the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Put a freeze on all federal wages and hiring.

End Congressional retirement ( if the expect us to get by on S.S. they can too).

Legalize cannabis and decriminalize harder drugs.

Treat drug abuse as a medical and mental health issue instead of criminal issue.

Reinstitute Glass-Steagall.

Start up a new civilian conservation corps for the homeless and terminally unemployable.

Oh! and end electronic voting - go back to the old lever tabulators.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Asktheanimals]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join