It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many more people is the weather going to kill..!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It's never really bothered me ,or other people in the UK, but this global weather is erratic...i,ve posted this after hearing about a plane coming down. after it was struck by lightening..mods please remove if need be..

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Why is it any more erratic than previous years?

Natural disasters have been killing people for centuries.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Pretty much status quo here in the southern US (as far as my state is concerned)... I think the record temp for this month is 115, hasn't even come close to that yet. It's been in the hundreds for a couple weeks straight, but that's not unusual for august. Storms have been fairly mild this year, except the freak hail storm earlier in the year - haven't been as many tornado's this year as far as I can tell, and certainly nothing out of the ordinary (like the tornado back in 96, i think, defined what an f5 tornado was).

So, in short - all is well in my neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well...here in MN the increase in tornadoes is sharp and "unprecedented" according to Governor Pawlenty.

The weather feels weird...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Student X]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Weather always kills people, always has and always will.

Hundreds die from lightning strikes every year.

Thousands from floods - or mudslides caused by heavy rain.

Tens of thousands from complications brought on by hot or cold weather.

Hundreds of thousands from drought and famine.

And so on.

The only difference now is that with more and more people on the planet, often concentrated in places prone to natural disaster - then when such events strike more and more people are affected.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
The only difference now is that with more and more people on the planet, often concentrated in places prone to natural disaster - then when such events strike more and more people are affected.

And even then, the top 3 most deadly natural disasters in human history occurred 70-500 years ago.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Good point

And take the Pakistan floods. They may be affecting 20 million people - but far less will die than would have under identical floods 100 years ago (which at the time might have affected only 2 million people).

Population growth means more people affected - modern technology and communications means less people actually killed.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
weather, or nature? in how long a time period? The answer is about 4,000,000,000,000,000. give or take.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
of course w increasing population the numbers affected will increase but also our means of communication i.e twitter, internet, smart phones, the information is seconds away from our fingertips.

top topics

join