It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plankton Cause Hurricanes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It seems to have something to do with the oceans color and it's ability to allow penetration of sunlight . Interresting read.
wattsupwiththat.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
SandF
for the comments section alone...

We are pretty dumb, remember, we are very similar organically and genetically to your family dog. Are you surprised your dog does not understand climate models? I am not surprised no human understands them either…

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
IF hurrianes are caused by Plankton then simply dump millions of barrels of crude oil on them, that will teach those pesky planktons.
Oh wait they tried that already.

Sorry couldn't resist it.

[edit on 16/8/10 by DataWraith]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have had a thought now for a while, that hurricanes had sometthing to do with organic life. that if we test the waters before and after, we could find an abundance of something before, and lack of after. I suppise alge fits best.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I knew it. I knew those litle bastards can't be trusted. I gow plankton in my basement to feed my reef tank and ever since I started there have been weird things going on. Things going missing. Strange long distance calls on the phone bill. Pay-per-view that neither my wife or I ordered. Liquor going missing. I had a suspicion.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
I knew it. I knew those litle bastards can't be trusted. I gow plankton in my basement to feed my reef tank and ever since I started there have been weird things going on. Things going missing. Strange long distance calls on the phone bill. Pay-per-view that neither my wife or I ordered. Liquor going missing. I had a suspicion.

You know, now that I think about it, that Sponge Bob Square Pants program is pretty deep. Stealing Krabby Patties and killing Krabs was only a subtle hint about Plankton's true malevolence.

Who's in control? The Planktonati, that's who.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Plankton doesn't cause hurricanes.

However, plankton can affect the colour of the ocean, which in turn affects how deep solar energy penetrates the ocean and thus how warm the surface temperature is - and this in turn can then affect the formation, longevity and intensity of hurricanes passing overhead.

According to a computer, anyway

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Plankton doesn't cause hurricanes.

But then you proceed to outline the chain of causation that makes plankton cause hurricanes?

That's like saying ancient sunlight doesn't cause car accidents.

new topics

top topics

join