It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scathing Congress report slams Obama's 'covert, criminal activity'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
From the bottom of the linked article...

Jerome R. Corsi, a Harvard Ph.D., has authored many books, including No. 1 N.Y. Times best-sellers "The Obama Nation" and "Unfit for Command." Along with serving as WND's senior staff reporter, Corsi is a senior managing director at Gilford Securities.

Gilford Securities, founded in 1979, is a full-service boutique investment firm headquartered in NYC providing financial services to institutional and retail clients, from investment banking and equity research to retirement planning and wealth management.

Scathing Congress report slams Obama's 'covert, criminal activity'

Someone's bitter about financial reform...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
A little perspective, and history would do wonders, here.

As pointed out, it IS an 'election year', and this is the very sort of rhetoric that will be spewed...in this case, by certain GOP factions.

Not 'everyone' is on the same email-list....some of us have spam filters.

Anyway...reading history (specifically US, since this is what the OP is about) and political dirty pool....nothing new.

You should see what was being said about FDR, in 1940. (A 'real' election year...for him).

IF the Rebuplicans, back then (just a brief example of how you must be very careful who you hitch your wagons to) had had their way, we'd all be likely all be speaking German right now...

...strong parallels, I see, in some rhetorical ranting from sects like the "Tea Party", and the isolationist ravings of the GOP, back then.

You see, back then...the GOP (who wanted badly to wrest 'power' away from the Dems) tried to use the same tactic as you see happening today --- the "will of the people" ploy. In order to support their isolationism.

Say what you will about the end results....it would have been VERY bad for this country (the USA) if those attitudes had held for too long. Just think....HAD Great Britain fallen to the Reich, because of no US involvement, or additional delays...then ALL of their armaments, factories, everything that could be turned to the prosecution of the war, would have been on the side of the Axis, and under Hitler's control.

Tread carefully.....

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Next you are going to tell us that FDR was a good guy, my God will people like you QUIT reading revisionist history.

I guess the starvation he caused by destroying food to stabilize prices was a good thing?

Then the gold confiscation was a good thing?

I guess you are next going to say that globalization is a good thing?

Then saying sovereign nations are a bad thing?

Do you read history? So, German isolationism was the catalyst to make ol Adolf go bonkers huh? Wow, correlation is not causation, or did you miss that proof?

Typical attack the messenger instead of attacking the postulate-typical.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
i think it's funny that Republicans are making accusations of unlawful activity by Obama, when we are still in an unlawful war started by republicans.

Not that either one cancels the other out, but how about they grow up and accept some responsibility?

didnt you know its a false left-right paradigm, after work they all hang out and drink and snort coke. Seriously though, Obama is a fraud and since the early 1900's most legislation has been a fraud. I really wish Ron Paul had been chosen by the bilderberg bunch, but that would mean corporations and government elitists actually respect the constitution and bill of rights, oh my. gasp.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by dizzie56

say whatever you want, it really doesn't phase me.

What phases me is when some political hack goes out and says one thing, after having done that same thing himself.

Yes, lots of people say "well, bush did it" ...why? Because he did, and all you "anti government" "tea party" type people were coddling him the entire time.

Someone has to be there to call you out.

LIke i said, say what you want about me, at least i hold true to what i believe, no matter who's in power.

Im not trying to phase you, just trying to wake you up a bit. Yes Bush did a lot. So did Clinton. So did Bush senior, reagan, carter, ford, nixon, johnson, etc. SO WHAT? So are you saying its okay that it continue when you blame the previous ones? Ive been bashing every pres since i can remember because as a citizen, thats my job. I dont look at a president and say its okay that he does something because the previous pres did something like it....its just not okay no matter what.

And dont try to lump me in to a group that is getting "handeled" and primed to vote for Palin. Im not with that. I have a brian and can think for myself. I never coddled Bush. Never coddled Clinton. Not gonna do it with Obama. Im never gonna give him an inch. If you want to give "your guy" an inch, so be it. But just be warned, we all loose in the end. The next guy in the pres' seat aint gonna be Ron Paul unfortunately, its gonna be some other big wig, appease the masses that are the lowdest at the time (republicans now) and then do the complete opposite of what they asked. And it will happen after that one and so on because people like yourself give politicians an inch like you are appearing to give Obama.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

AMEN!!

Three

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Thier trying to smear him * obama* sounds like obaba dosnt wanna do as told by wallstreet and the big bankers*
this kinda mae me laugh..obama being accused, as opposed to both Bush's? I find it odd/funny theyd gang up on obama and not the Bush's regime

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I find it funny that two years into Obama's term we're still getting "yeah, well where were you when Bush blah, blah, blah...". The man's been out of office for two years. Prosecute him or get over it all ready. One president's screw-ups doesn't make the screw-ups of the next president null and void, otherwise Bush should get a pass since Clinton actually went through impeachment proceedings.

Back to the actual topic instead of the partisan nonsense, if Obama and his administration have done what the report and article claim, then there should be a thorough investigation and appropriate consequences should be handed out. I wouldn't be surprised if it is true, though really I'm not surprised by anything politicians do anymore.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Hey, I have an addition to your propaganda thread.

Have you seen the Andy Griffith commercial stating how GREAT the ObamaCare bill is GOING to be?

It is a new installment of the FNN-Future News Network!

You can read about it here-Andy Griffith to pitch ObamaCare

or here-Burr miffed at Andy Griffith health care ad

Hey, add on at LEAST another $700,000 to the propaganda tally, all from the Medicare funds.

Aren't you glad the government is spending those MEDICARE taxes so well?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join