It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rendlesham Forest UFO - What really Happened?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Nine flags and a handful of replies, this is an outrage, the time and effort the op went through to bring us this and thats the thanks he gets

This is one of the most prominent sighting and mysterious event that ever rocked the UK and can actually be verified and researched with clear data to back it up.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
reply to post by Rising Against

From what I heard, the photos in question were developed, but were overexposed, and blank/cloudy.

Yeah, I agree, I just can't seem to find the link where I read this from.

I know I did though.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Nine flags and a handful of replies, this is an outrage, the time and effort the op went through to bring us this and thats the thanks he gets

I don't mind tbh. lol

I had fun researching it and if I thought I was going to get no replies or no stars and flags I probably would have ended up making it anyway because it's just an awesome case and I wante to learn about it!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

This is one of the most prominent sighting and mysterious event that ever rocked the UK and can actually be verified and researched with clear data to back it up.

Do you have any idea how much time it takes to read this entire thread with links and all? I flagged it and starred it but I have't read it, I don't have time right now.

Some people flag and don't reply. I know I do, if I have nothing to add to it I wont reply. Also give it time it's only been up since this morning and the rest of ATS who might have been sleeping are just waking up and finding this thread...like myself.

This is a great thread and great incident and RA you did an amazing job! I look forward to getting into the information you provided.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I think Rendlesham is the most interesting and distinguished UFO incident on record - I would rank it higher than Roswell.

As for Larry Warren; I'm not too sure. Ufologist Nick Pope seems to endorse Warrens claims but many other prominent researchers and witnesses to the event do not.

I have actually spoke to Larry and was left conflicted as to how I felt about him. He seemed like a nice guy and was very believable, but I also got the feeling he liked being centre of attention and revelled in the attention his claims have given him.

At the conference I met him at he showed some tapes of hypnotic regression performed on him and a colleague of his who was also supposedly involved in the Rendlesham incident. He actually got quite emotional at one point.

I'm still not sure if I buy it though.

Having said this I do put a lot of stock in the Rendlesham incident and find it to be quite fascinating indeed. Move over Roswell...

[edit on 16/8/10 by LiveForever8]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
wow!
thats more information on this case than any book that mentions the case
absolutely outstanding!
i have studied this case myself but i must say i found some new points in your post
i would love to see the pictures even if they are grainy/tampered with.
this case has to be real
there is too many witnessess
both uk forces and us forces
100 stars and 100 flags for you if i could!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I may be able to read all of this within a week's time, I got through the initial first three postings. This is quite detailed and quite extensive. Bravo!

I lived there in 1986-7, I was stationed at RAF Bentwaters. It is unlike any place I have ever lived before. Both bases are closed now. I should have taken more pictures while I lived there.

One of my best friends at the time, whose job it was to take "requests of information" and hand-separate that which has a "need to know" and that which does not. His job was to black out the parts which could not be released. I think about him often to this day, his name was Mitch; at any rate, when I met him he showed me a published book on the Woodbridge landing and he opened it and showed me signatures he had of the local townspeople who were actually involved. They put their names and some interesting messages and thoughts they had to offer. He was very proud to have his book signed by everyone. We were mostly drinking buddies and so most of my memories were of good times and not a ton of details.

He told me one thing about this incident, something which does not seem odd to hear now but at the time, being about 24 years old, it was mind-blowing. He said, "We are not alone", and he went on to tell me some of the things he read in the official Air Force records. Interestingly enough, he had been caught stoned which would normally lead to a discharge, but I guess his "knowledge" and his position at Bentwaters was enough to give him an Article 15 and a reduction in rank.

One thing he kept insisting though is that he had a gift for me, but the timing wasn't right. I knew it had to do with Woodbridge because he was so obsessed with it, but sadly one day out of the blue I went to his dorm and he was gone, shipped out over night to Germany. Hey Mitch! I could think of no place better than ATS for you, it's me Ron! (put that in there just in case).

However, I did receive a gift afterall, I believe we are not alone! Ever since knowing my friend I have always known something was not as we were being told.

Now this does not take away from the fact that I now feel that any craft here is actually from here, human or not; inter-dimensional craft is a great possibility, but not "outer Space" visitors, not yet IMO; not at all like I felt back then with space travelers.

I look forward to a Week's worth of reading, but this morning I better not lose track of time, Again! LOL

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Star and flag my friend for your effort and time you put into this thread. well done indeed.As a British citizen i feel naturally compelled to understand WHY my Government and British Ministry Of Defence at that time and even today wholeheartedly denied anything happened on those nights 30 years ago.

The evidence collected and produced and not to forget the witness testimonies from the military personnel that were there on those nights is overwhelming i feel that something entered British RESTRICTED air space, landed and left.

This object done this at its own will, since when is an object that displays superior technology ,that can enter and leave restricted air space at will never be a concern for nation security. The British MOD on various occasions when asked about this incident have often stated, "we do not investigate reports of UFOs as we deem them as ......NOT A THREAT TO NATIONAL SECURITY.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
great Effort but will have to read some other time and if you could can please add a summary somewhere it would be of great help..........

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I personally think Rendlesham can be explained as something similar to a rave that first night the USAF base personnel witnessed. A combination of wind direction, locality and the fact they were already "spooked" by the Anaprop Radar Return meant the Base personnel had already attributed the "crashed" lights as a UFO.

Upon inspection the next day they'd probobally discovered it was indeed ravers out for a christmas party, and with Cold-War tensions at the time they were told to fabricate a story so the Soviets weren't aware of the Base weakness. This led to the fabrication of the imprints, hieroglyphics and radiation samples, none of which were ever real.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

This thread is AWESOME !!!

The effort and time and research that you put into all your threads is a credit to this site, but THIS has got to be your finest hour

I'll read all of it over the next few days, but from what I've read so far this is going to be hard for any skeptics to debunk.

Do UFOs exist ?????

Oh yeah............

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashcool007

great Effort but will have to read some other time and if you could can please add a summary somewhere it would be of great help..........

Ok, I'll quickly just explain what I've discussed in each post if that's ok.

It's by far easier than cutting short what I wrote IMO as it's all relevant otherwise I wouldn't have added it in the first place.

Post 1: In my opening post, I just showed where Rendlesham forest is exactly by adding the Google earth images. I then went onto discuss what occurred from the first night of events which occurred to the men at the base.

I was only able to tell the story from the point where they entered the woods and the strange phenomenon they were experiencing.

Post 2: In my second post, I simply continued the story from the first night up until the point where the nights events ended and we're moving onto the next day.

I also added the notes Penniston made at the time he was in contact with the strange object.

Post 3: In my third post I added the plaster casts that Penniston made upon his alleged orders of gaining more evidence for what happened.

I also started my discussion of what occurred on the second night of events right up until I had no room left which left me explaining what happened up until they apparently saw the object with their very own eyes.

Post 4: In this post I continue the rest of the story up until I explained (what is as far as I'm aware) the entire nights events.

I then started the controversial third nights events by Larry Warren and what he claims happened which ends (in this post) at the point where he can see the object in a field along with many other military personnel.

He even mentions time differences nearer the object here.

Post 5: In this post I discussed the rest of the story that Larry Warren describes happened to him.

I also added in a link the entire interview Larry Fawcett had wit Adrian Bustinza, who was allegedly with Warren.

The end of his story is also the end of this post.

Post 6: By post 6 I finally manage to explain the entire story as best as I could so I was able to start this new section of my thread which is where I tried to gather the evidence.

I started by adding audio tapes of the famous Halt tape (which are worth a listen btw) and then in this post I started to add the available witness statements that were made.

I was only able to add Jim Penniston and John Burroughs here.

Post 7: In post 7 I merely carried on adding the available witness statements.

I could only fit in Ed Cabansag , J . D . Chandler and Fred Buran before I ran out of room.

Post 8: In post 8 I began by adding The Halt Memorandum.

I then added via a link the entire interview Charles Halt with Sally Rayl.

Then I added via a PDF link the Suffolk Police Constabulary Files.

I then went onto discuss a new section which talks about why this can't be extraterrestrial according to some people such as the lighthouse theory and the men's views of the theory before running out of space.

Post 9: Post 9 is where I carried on the me's views of the theory before moving onto the The Russian Cosmos 749 rocket re-entry theory.

I then moved onto discussing the possibility of a hoaxed event possibly by Kevin Conde.

I was discussing the faults in his theory before finishing my post.

Post 10: In this post I carried on explaining the holes in his theory.

I then went onto discussing the radiation readings that were supposedly captured during the first few nights of events.

I added Nick pope's memo about the radiation readings and then the M.O.D's interesting response.

Post 11: In my final post, I tried to add some fascinating documentaries about the case, one purposefully shorter than the other.

I then began my final few paragraphs explaining a few of my thoughts.

Hope this was helpful to you!

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD49

Upon inspection the next day they'd probobally discovered it was indeed ravers out for a christmas party, and with Cold-War tensions at the time they were told to fabricate a story so the Soviets weren't aware of the Base weakness. This led to the fabrication of the imprints, hieroglyphics and radiation samples, none of which were ever real.

If you can prove it sir, or provide a link which discusses something similar at least then I'll definitely give it a read and maybe believe you.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I agree, and I was reluctant to actually talk about the third night of events in my opening posts at all to be perfectly honest.

But then I thought it’d be better to at least explain it rather than just discard it completely as it’s (as far as I'm aware) not 100% confirmed that he is lying, no matter how much it may seem.

Btw, out of curiosity, was it Adrian Bustinza who was with him at the time you met Warren? I'm only asking out of curiosity and because he was claimed to have been with Warren during the incident in 1980.

In fact here's an interview he had with Larry Fawcett where he explains, after Warren left the scene how the craft supposedly left.

Oh, and I would definitely rank Rendlesham higher than Roswell as well!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Wow......

S+F for making the longest thread this side of the Mississippi.

Very interesting info, thanks for compiling it. This will always remain as one of those very believable cases, but whether it was an ET craft, or just some sort of terrestrial experimental craft we will never know.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Excellent thread! Thank you to the OP for adding so much information to this intriguing case. I can't wait till I have the time to go through it thoroughly, but excellent job on the assembly of the information and finding all of it. This is the kind of info that people come to ATS for. Well done!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by RUDDD49

If you can prove it sir, or provide a link which discusses something similar at least then I'll definitely give it a read and maybe believe you.

Obviously nothing thats been mentioned by reports or accounts since the Rendlesham Forest incident occurred. I suspect its because anyone who organised the rave/party would be liable for trespass if they ever owned up to causing it. Its just my own personal theory, from experience with these things.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD49

I suspect its because anyone who organised the rave/party would be liable for trespass if they ever owned up to causing it. Its just my own personal theory, from experience with these things.

I disagree that someone wouldn't come out of fear because someone already has before...

Someone has come out before and stated that he not only trespassed but set fire to his truck here and that's what the men confused the UFO for. (no matter how ridiculous it sounds)

Her e's the story where he claims to have done this.

That's not to say you're wrong here because you may very well be right but I just seriously doubt it.

And out of curiosity, how could a rave/party cause the strange lights to move around n such a way that was described by the men involved, change colours, seemingly distort time, shoot up in the air, leave 3 indentation marks in the ground, seemingly explode with no sound, almost blind the individuals watching it, have strange unidentifiable writing and of course how could the men confuse possibly 3 nights of events with a single party?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Hey RA...

I am sure what I'm about to mention is in your info....I have not made it through it all...its great ty....

I wanted to mention/ask if you have seen..."again prolly in your info" the guys that had the original tape for analysis, the space in between each time.....he turned the recorder back on to report.....was in perfect synchronicity with the lighthouse as per the ammount of timing/space not used between quotes "on the actual tape..."....down to the seconds of a minute if I'm not mistaken....

For me that was too....close, and kinda sealed my opinion....but I still like the info....hope I'm proven wrong to be honest....Star as usual...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thankyou for another amazing thread, S+F's for you

I've seen 'bits and bats' on this story before and always found it fascinating so its a real credit to you for compiling so much credible information all into one nice big post.

I've read a lot of it already but im now looking forward to really getting stuck in!

Respek
Airease

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join