It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is mainstream media content so boring and trashy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
If it's not about jobs and layoffs, then the mainstream media talks about perverts, sex predators, and underage girls on craigslist, etc.

Why is any of that interesting to anyone? It's such boring trash and utterly useless. What does that teach you or help you? It's not even entertaining.

How does condemning male sex perverts uplift anyone? What's the point of it?

Who listens to that #? It's sickening. What a waste of broadcasting time.

The mainstream media is the most expensive trash program ever, a million dollars a minute to broadcast trash. What a horrible hopeless society. I'm surprised the UFO's don't decide to just nuke us.

Why can't people wake up and seek the truth like we do?

It makes me sick.

I think I get it now.

The reason the mainstream media always shows news about companies laying off workers, is so that it sends you an indirect message that you'd better work hard and appreciate your job like a happy slave, or else you could be next. Is that their purpose?

Also, the reason why they like to show news about sex perverts and predators is to give you the message that you'd better suppress your desires, or else you'll be condemned by everyone as a pervert. Make sense?

What other logical reason is there to broadcast such trashy stupid content that's boring and uninteresting?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Most of what we are told and shown on TV are lies. Did you all know that? Truth doesn't get broadcast.

Even the portrayal of other countries are lies, and the propaganda that every country in the world has no freedom except America. Most of the evidence contradicts that propaganda. But most Americans believe it cause they are programmed to. Ask most immigrants in America and they will tell you that they had MORE freedom (but less money) in their original countries. It's only Hollywood that shows the lie that everyone experiences more freedom in America than abroad. Reality is always different than what you see on TV.

Russians are portrayed in movies as cold, grim and sullen, while Americans as extroverted and wild. But when I went to Russia, it was the opposite. Everyone was very sociable and open to me, more than I could ever dream of. I met more people in one week in Russia, than I did in 10 years in America. In America, social interaction is mostly for business, not for bonding with others. Everyone lives in their own bubble. Neighbors don't talk to each other. It's a very isolated society, but Hollywood shows the exact opposite. Why the lie? And why the misportrayal of Russians? Why?

They also never use real Russian actors when they portray Russians. I wonder why. Maybe it's because real Russians do not like to portray false stereotypes about their people?

Another Hollywood lie:

Why do TV shows always show women saying that men never call them as they promise, and always agree to dates and then flake out on them?

But everyone I've seen in real life say the opposite happens, that women give men their number and then screen out their calls, or that men obsessively call women all the time to ask for dates, but the women screen out their calls or not answer the phone or flake out on the men after promising them dates. It's extremely rare that a guy will promise to call a woman and then not do it. I don't know of any guy who does that.

Yet the TV acts like it's common knowledge that men always flake out and never call. Even the men on TV play along and admit to it.

Don't these actors know that they are spreading lies?

Obviously, someone up there is trying to remove us as far away from reality as possible.

Sorry for the rant. But I'm sick of TV showing the opposite of reality. It's obvious that most of what you see on TV are lies. If you travel a lot and don't just stay home and work and consume, you'll see that.

And if you tell the truth about everything, you don't get on TV, that's for sure. Only liars get air time.

This world is sick.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by WWu777]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I see it the same way. And the worst of it - The TV Station help dumbing people down with that trash. I have 380 Stations here, and I look about 5 or 10. Also the documentaries are now stupid like hell. I mean "The largerst whatever in the World"...ok?!

I saw an article about the younger generation, the alltime use of handys - and the "normal" tv content was way to complex for them to look (whyle typing sms). I feel very silly when the guy with his dramatic voice says the same # 5 times in 30 minutes....

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
But you know, some people are very, very proud to be stupid like hell - because it's a right to be dumb and stupid. That means real freedom for them....some.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
But you know, some people are very, very proud to be stupid like hell - because it's a right to be dumb and stupid. That means real freedom for them....some.

Exactly, arrogance and ignorance is a lethal mix. They will defend their bigoted views (ignorance) and will be 100% sure you are wrong (arrogance), no matter what you say.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
hi guys,

at first i've to say that i'm new to ats.
i'm following the site for a couple of years now, but i've just signed up today.

i was asking the questions you're asking half of my lifetime.

i think the key on this topic is "free will"!
finally - you decide what you are watching on tv. most of you came to the conclusion that nearly 99% of tv programs are crap. so just turn off the tv, the modern altar which was (in my opinion) made to condition the ignorant mass of ppl. i'm totally aware of, that tv could be used for such good reasons, but it is used as a weapon for keeping the mass low. there always was and always will be the mass of ppl, which are ignorant and don't even want to think for themselves.
and this is ok. because it is their right!
i think life is a game and one of its goals is to see through the veil of darkness.
take 9/11 for example. how many ppl were waking up through these events? what i want to say is, that even through the most evil - good will arise.
there are always two sides of the coin. yes, the mass runs further into darkness but there are more and more ppl who start thinking for themselves, question the system, looking for alternatives and so on. so don't let yourself get f*** up while facing the reality that tv is ******.
i belive, that we are living in times of major changes on earth. and like history told us, even if major changes were yet so necessary, there always have been profiteers of the actual systems who won't give up their powers. but when times come they will lose their powers.

so don't bleat about the mass media, you can't change em anyway. they just broadcast "what the ppl want".

just turn off your tv and tell your friends to do so.

may the g.a.o.t.u bless ya all

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

We are going to be seeing something close to this very soon. This is what comes to mind every time I watch the MSM.

I a not sure if I did the picture correctly. If not sorry. I don't know how.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
MSM has become boring and trashy because it's journalists are relying too heavily on social networks for news.

C'mon, twitter and Facebook as a source. No wonder you think it's all gone trashy.

top topics

join