It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in a cloud??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Perhaps a professional meteorologist could take a good crack at it if anybody knows one.

Ive already had several cracks at it, and I can think of any natural weather phenomena that resembles the stuff in the videos.

And yes, I am a proffesional

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Wish I could add more to this thread but honestly I've been searching around the internet for blogs, vids, pics, etc to see if this "phenomena" has occurred elsewhere at different locations or times but have not found anything other than the two videos I posted. Maybe those lights only occur during very rare conditions with clouds which we aren't familiar with yet and luckily when it did happen, they were recorded on camera. I do know that I'll have my camera out pointing at the sky more often. As far as what I think they could be...I honestly don't know, it almost seems like the motion of the lights are mechanical which gives me a eerie feeling. The feeling I get though is something I am sure of.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by RavenX]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Can someone upload to another media? I can't open the youtube video.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Ive already had several cracks at it, and I can't think of any natural weather phenomena that resembles the stuff in the videos. And yes, I am a professional

It's a cracker isn't it? I've been following the thread and waiting for someone to nail the explanation. LifeinDeath made posting nearly redundant as I reckon electrical discharge has to be somewhere close to explaining this phenomena. When we watch thunder clouds light up their interior at night, we assume it's lightning within the clouds. Maybe it's a preliminary 'warm up' that's not sheet, ball or fork lightning? Perhaps a grander form of static charge?

If you can't identify it and there's no suggestion of hoaxed footage, it can go on the pile of genuinely unusual and (thus far) unexplained images and videos. Rare indeed.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Actually quite strange. It sure looks like a spotlight and it looks like the origin is a stationary point from within the cloud tops. In the first video, could there be a mountain hidden there on top of which a person could stand with a spotlight? If so, surely the people whose voices are heard in the video, or the original YouTube poster would have zeroed in on that explanation almost immediately.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Tearman]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

In thinking that members are ignoring this footage, Yes I guess I'm feeling a bit frustrated, I suppose it's a good sign that not many members have come here because most members prefer to debunk.

I'm desperate to find some explanation for this video.

I was hoping for someone to come here and say:
"this is a common occurrence here is the proof problem solved!
But they did not...

I was hoping for someone to come here and say:
"This is CGI and here is the proof problem solved"
But they did not...

We have not seen better visual evidence than this in my view,
it wasn't long ago that members were moaning about this topic being a fail, but yet here it is seemingly in front of our eyes.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I finally could watch the video, but I didn't get what is the big deal here..It is definitly a UMP (unidentified meteorological phenomenon), which has probably to do with static electrics.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

In thinking that members are ignoring this footage, Yes I guess I'm feeling a bit frustrated, I suppose it's a good sign that not many members have come here because most members prefer to debunk.

Don't worry about it. People will be watching the video and wondering what they could add. Sometimes something turns up that won't be explained, isn't fake and is too unusual to compare. On the bright side, a long time goes by between rare videos showing up. Next one could be over a year. We've been luck to see this.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandinsky.....

Yup.....

It's a beauty!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandinsky.....

Yup.....

It's a beauty!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

The most sunshine we've had in England is through looking at that bloody video!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

I think the frustration is there because in the past few years not many videos have come forward to really stump many ATS members. A high percentage of videos that have been shown on here could have been easily explained with logic, scientific, cgi, etc explanations. But when a video shows up that is hard to debunk or explain, a lot of us expect it to be explained like the others soon after it was posted. So I believe this is whats causing the frustration with some of us. I do hope like you do, that these videos can be explained with information that can be accepted by ATS, and at the same time I feel excited that it can't be explained yet.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It is not a new video.

This is just static... being transfered from one cloud to the other.

+++++++++++
statitc(charge between two objects; it can be plus or minus but not +&- together)
--------------------
ground

when the charge builds up it will become lightning to the ground.

We usualy see this in a thunder cloud. But just a second or less befoure the lightning hits the ground or oposite charged object. The clouds are usualy thick together and you can't see this. Only in this case the sun in shining behind the cloud and is actually making it visible. The phenomenon itself is visibal. But in this case it is amplified by the suns rays(visibility)

excuse my poor english

sorry to dissapoint you but it is not a space ship

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
When i first saw it i was more surprised by the dissapearance of the cloud right next to the static show.

I have never seen cloud(mist) dissapear so fast.
you can see it in the video at about 1 minute left of the cloud
www.youtube.com...

the charge build must have been enormous
because the bigger cloud was collecting wapor from the mist with static
i say collecting because i can't think of a better word for it. Maybe atracting would be better.

again excuse my poor english

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

This definitely looks suspicious.

reply to post by RavenX

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by darkprinc

I do see what you are talking about. It does fade out rather quickly.
Was it another cloud forming (with shadow side to us) or did the misty cloud fade away?
Did it also have a horizontal fade line too, before it all faded out?
Very good find OP. I have to say, it's really exciting to see it so quiet!
Let's make sure we don't let this sink to the bottom and get lost. K? I am gonna post this on my fb page and see what I can get out of it. I will let you know if any interesting things come up.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

This definitely looks suspicious.

Packinupngoin.....

What do you mean when you say "this definitely looks suspicious"?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

The structure of the cloud looks like anything could be hid in there. For all we know it could be the government testing out some new space weapon. But you really can't tell what is in that cloud. At least I can't. Sure its a tornado...but just for a moment I think I could let my mind think of the possibilities.

I just looked at it again. And if you notice in the very beginning the camera angle goes from left to right...The whole cloud looks pretty circular. I'm not one to believe in UFOs but I do sometimes wonder.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by packinupngoin]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Packinupngoin.....

I agree it's a "scary cloud", with or without aliens or secret military weapons!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by darkprinc

It's not static at all

I've never seen static like this, "Static" is quick shards of light or flashes not consistent Rays or beams.

I regret that you can come to this conclusion so quickly, I would ask you to look again and try and provide any information or static experiment that looks parable to what we see in the video.

All the best..

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
When i was in high school, we did experiments with static. But the teacher allways build it up. And sometimes when he did the build-up you could see small dust particles behaving in this manner( sometimes floating then falling) like someone was blowing air inside the glass chamber.

The experiment: you use 2 metal paltes (works better in vacume) one is positive charge the other is negative. And when you charge one plate, you see these small changes in betwene. The distance betwene palates is some 20cm.

And you can see the charge building up until it discharges...
You can actualy use a holow like ping ponk ball but made of metal and put it betwene these plates. When the carge is big enough the ball will begin to bouce from one plate to the other(but this is when the charge is actually discharging betwene the plates), it will transfer the - to the + and + to the - ...
In the cloud the same is produced but with the static from rubbing of molecules of 2 diffrent clouds eather one moving faster than the other or better one moving over the other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join