It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in a cloud??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by kbriggss

I can say without a doubt, that those are both not the elusive green flash.
I think LifeinDeath may be on the right track with an electrical disharge of some sort. The second one's origin is through a cumulonimbus clouds which makes sense, with the electrical theory, however it didnt look like anything Ive seen

OzWeatherman.....

If it's an electrical discharge, why does it seem to last so long at times during the 2nd video?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
OzWeatherman.....

If it's an electrical discharge, why does it seem to last so long at times during the 2nd video?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

That also baffles me...it really look like the lights airplanes use during the night, but the movement is wrong

I honestly have no answer for this one....its really bizzare. Hopefully it gets more attention

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
OzWeatherman.....

That also baffles me...it really look like the lights airplanes use during the night, but the movement is wrong
I honestly have no answer for this one....its really bizzare. Hopefully it gets more attention

OzWeatherman.....

Do you think these YT posts make any sense?

Post 1:

I've long suspected that this occurs. But I thought it would happen with rainbows!
If he cloud is a thunderstorm, during each lightning bolt the electrostatic fields collapse, then they rise again before the next flash. E-fields should distort the spherical shape of suspended water droplets. With the clouds being backlit by the sun, you seem to be in just the right position to see the visible changes in the cloud produced by changes in high voltage during lightning.

Post 2:

@ReneeNme On second, thought I found this line in an article regarding lightning at the top of cumulonimbus clouds. " Lightning ( besides bolted ) can appear in different forms as well : a ball, ribbon, sheet, or string of beads ".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This comment left by wbeaty on the ytube page is a good explanation.

I've long suspected that this occurs. But I thought it would happen with rainbows!

If he cloud is a thunderstorm, during each lightning bolt the electrostatic fields collapse, then they rise again before the next flash. E-fields should distort the spherical shape of suspended water droplets. With the clouds being backlit by the sun, you seem to be in just the right position to see the visible changes in the cloud produced by changes in high voltage during lightning.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

tarifa37.....

Gee.....

I wish I'd said that!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Theoretically yes, it makes sense...but I cant say that, that is what we are seeing

It doesnt really look like ball lightning either, but ball lighting would explain the amoutn of time that the light was present. Its a strange phenomena...its even been known to chase people, lol

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Very interesting, particularly the second video.

I wonder if what we're seeing here has something to do with what's called a transient luminous event (TLE)?

These are events that occur over storm clouds.

Sprites, blue jets, ELVE's and quite a few others are all types of TLE's.

en.wikipedia.org...

Edit to clarify:

A possible reason why we don't actually see them is because they're hidden by the cumulonimbus cloud below and in front of the field of view.

[edit on 16/8/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus.....

I think you're confused.

A Transient Luminous Event is when PONR says something intelligent.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
As far as I know sprites arent able to be seen from earth. In my opinion its doesnt appear or act like a sprite...well none that Ive seen

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

There are many other types of TLE's though, sprites were at the bottom of my list.

Some can even last up to two seconds.

Don't forget we're possibly only seeing the residual light from them as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

There are many other types of TLE's though, sprites were at the bottom of my list.

Some can even last up to two seconds.

Don't forget we're possibly only seeing the residual light from them as well.

True true

It just doesnt seem like any TLE I know of....just something not quite natural about it. And you know me, Im not really a person that says it that much

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

As far as I know sprites arent able to be seen from earth. In my opinion its doesnt appear or act like a sprite...well none that Ive seen

OzWeatherman.....

I agree.....

I don't think that is a sprite.

I note I have seen photos of sprites taken from Earth, but the clouds were at least 50-60K's from the photographer. I'll see if I can find the photos.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Actually now that you mentioned it, I did see something like that a couple of years ago. You're right though, unless you can see the very top of the Cumulonimbus, you wouldnt be able to see them

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
At the same height to the right of the cloud there is a "nub" of cloud expanding to the right.. - the sun is going down and the growing nub in a position position to mess with the refracted light which is hitting the top of the cloud or "the area in question".

As the sun goes down the effect gets less and less while the cloud grows to throw the "area of interest" into shadow.

cool effect..

b

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

OzWeatherman…..

These sprites are fascinating things!

This “Sprite Watcher’s Page” has tips about observing sprites from the ground:

elf.gi.alaska.edu...

This page shows a photo of a sprite taken from the ground:

www.gvarros.com...

This page also has some info:

www.sky-fire.tv...

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This is the 2nd Video - Sec. 28 - 30 look very fake. This is very "special" - the camera moves exactly while this "thing" apears in near-light speed half behind that cloud formation:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
looks like a precise sun reflection as the cloud builds. The light seems to be on the top back side of clouds add ice crystals in the cloud and you could get a magnified effect of sunlight causing the effect.
It doesn't look electrical to me rather than reflective light.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RavenX

So after a good nights sleep I went back and watched both videos, specifically the first one. Where could the origin of the light be coming from? If you look at the 58 second mark, you can see how this "light" seems to originate from that smaller cloud right above the top of the right tree. How is it that you can't see this light coming up from the ground? Also I do agree with you all it almost looks like a spotlight but how is it possible to see the light when the sun is still out like that? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My first guess for the 2nd video would be jets.

Heres a description from one of the links;

I also observed several "jets". They were very fleeting but indeed there. At one point (at the height of the action) I saw perhaps 5 elves 2 of which were immediately accompanied by sprites, and maybe 7 jets all within a 30 second period. One jet in particular was very wide, several times the width of all the others. It propagated upward at an angle that made it appear to be tipped towards me, heading to a position over my head. It was "hollow" and cylindrical in appearance. Its leading edge appeared to be like a donut or toroid blue-ish green-ish in color. It was a plasma toroid. The object I have found this to be is conceptually defined by attributes of a "spheromak" or a squashed "charged sheath vortex" where the current is compressed along the length creating a toroidal current. Visualize this by thinking of vertically compressing a tornado into a toroid.

On the top of the cloud, to me, looks like a vortex shape, very whispy and diaphanous. I have seen short video of jets, but never like this, in the daylight.

The first video, not a clue.

Looks like something from War of the Worlds. Spooky.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Now that's very strange.. I've never seen anything like that before

very odd....

Thanks for posting....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join