It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd light photographed in Burlington cemetery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I visited Burlington Ontario this past weekend (August 12 - 15) and while I was there I went on the Burlington Ghost Walk and it was very disappointing. The only thing I found interesting was the cemetery at St. Lukes Church, the 2nd oldest church in the city. I went back the night after the ghost walk (August 14th) to take a look around. I was using my cell phone mainly as a flashlight while I was there so I only took 2 pictures. The first one I'm posting here.

I'm a firm believer that 99% of orbs in photos are dust particles refracting light from a cameras flash, nothing more. This on the other hand is a different orb, one that I have never seen before.

When I took the picture I did not see anything in the grass and there were very little bugs out as it was a very humid night. And this might sound weird but when I walked by that headstone I felt like I had to take a picture there.
So here it is! Let me know what you think of it.

The "Orb" is at the bottom right of the image.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/410aeee2ef3f.jpg[/atsimg]

This is the same image only I have zoomed in on the orb.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b390661f5853.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a link to the full sized photo.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by mamoocando]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thats really cool! Im afraid I dont know much about photography to be able to debunk something like this but I'm sure pretty soon some one will come by and do just that. Call it a hunch

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It looks like it's gathering/manifesting energy. I only say that due to the other little mini lights that are around it.

Cool picture nonetheless.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
the close up looks 3 dimensional and solid, but why do cameras and not the human eye pick up these things, unless they make themselves appear for an instant at the moment of flash and disappear right after.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Frames per second? Ive read that the eye can only see a certain amount of fps(I'm not even sure if I am saying this right)
This picture is a frame frozen in time. Makes you wonder what reality really is then, everything that is blind to the naked eye.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I think it because the camera picks up light more efficiently than we do. And it's also an instant in time that we can look at, and analyze forever. We can't do that with the human eye just yet.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by randomname

Makes you wonder what reality really is then, everything that is blind to the naked eye.

Reality is that if you don't have a job and food you will be hungry tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

really? why tomorrow? why not now? you need a job? what about people who can't work? oh you were trying to be funny...ya didn't work.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
How about we get back on topic...

Any more thoughts? This pic is really weirding me out, I'd like to know what you all think about it.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I must say, very interesting.
My father lives off of Fairview and Appleby Line, and he has experienced these orbs as well. They passed through walls, into his house, and then from inside his kitchen through the wall to his neighbor's house. He said that they came from the sky though.
Exactly like what in your picture, from his explanations. Orange glowing, silent orbs. He said the moment he saw it and tried to take a picture with his camera, it would not work. No electronics worked at all, actually.
St. Luke's is not that far from his place... that is also where my great uncle is laid (rip).

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
As soon as I saw this image I felt a rush and got a chill. Interesting, not your run of the mill orb. Also it appears as if you were drawn to take the pic, it in no way look posed. I can't debunk it and I am a photographer.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I am the photographer's Aunt and was with her that night. None of my pictures have anything like this - just the usual dust orbs. This actually looks like it has mass and is swirling. The little lights around it are also interesting.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If the nite was humid, the smallish lights around the orb could be reflections of the light from the camera off dew drops as for the orb...no tellin' just might have caught yourself a "live" one there...

~holly

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
We thought about the dew aspect, but it was so hot that night and very little humidity. I was walking through the grass with sandals on and my feet weren't getting wet as they would if the grass had dew on it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I would go back there and stay around that area for a while. They probably don't have ghosts walks there for no reason, perhaps the spirits are not into crowds. Go with a friend - relax and converse with them and by all means if you do let us know what happens.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
We did go on the ghost walk and found nothing in our photos. The next night, we went back (just my niece and I) and that's when she captured this photo.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxKatiexox

"When I took the picture I did not see anything in the grass and there were very little bugs out as it was a very humid night." (quote from the original post)

I got the idea about the dew from the above quote. Sorry, about the misunderstanding...no big.

interesting photo, none the less.

cheers,

~holly

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mamoocando

Yes that to me does look like something gathering energy... what was the atmosphere like around you at the time?

good to see a thread on orbs without all the haters and abuse for once!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It was a normal night. Hot out. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary at all.

I don't even like calling it an "Orb" because I've never seen anything like it before. Hopefully someone has

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I got really excited when I saw this picture. For the past 4 years I have lived in a "haunted" house. At first it was just odd things happening like lights turning themselves off and on, the occasional odd knocking, and on one occasion being sort of enveloped in cold when I was sitting next to a thermostat and seeing the temperature drop more than 5 degrees in a minute's time. I should stress that at no time have I felt threatened, terribly scared, or in any way like who or whatever this is intends harm or is negative.

Last year a new phenomena started. I would wake up in the middle of the night for whatever reason and I would see these bright flashes of light. Usually in my hall or Living room/kitchen area. These lights would be bright and the quality of light was very white. Occasionally other little lights would dance around. I tried to put it off as either my imagination, some weird eye thing, etc. but then my cat started waking me up and leading me out to the living room. He would look up at me and then at the wall or ceiling and then the light would flash. We would just stand there and watch it together. Pretty sad when you base your sanity on the fact the cat is seeing stuff, too.

Anyway, the shape and brightness of the light you caught in your picture resembles what I have seen. Even the twinkling lights look similar. Most orb pictures look rounder than this does but the shape here is very close to the non round flash of light I have seen. I am having trouble expressing exactly the similarity of light. It is almost like the quality of light is the same.

Cool capture! Thanks for sharing this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join