It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama Really Swim in the Gulf? Maybe NOT!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I'm sure that many people didn't believe that Obama would really swim in the murky, toxic waters of the Gulf.

I was swimming in Panama City Beach waters this weekend as well, and they are certainly not "murky"!!!!

Please stop passing on bad information. The Gulf Waters and Beaches (at least in Florida) are pristine and beautiful. Come down here and see for yourself before you slander our beaches this way!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I'm sure that many people didn't believe that Obama would really swim in the murky, toxic waters of the Gulf.

Just curious what part of the gulf you are from? Because I have been three places in two weeks and saw nothing but beautiful beaches and clean water (which I swam in at all three places).

I guessing there is a little over-hype at the amount of "devastation" this oil leak has left behind.

Which is good for me, I was looking to buy a vacation house around the gulf, and found some really great prices due to this economy and owners not knowing how the gulf spill would affect them. Didn't go through with it though.....figure better to save my money for the coming apocalypse, lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Obama thinks people are stupid and very often he's right.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Anyways, seriously, what lies has Obama told? Or are you referring to the lies that people tell about him.

Well, let's see where to start with just this story. news.yahoo.com...
While both the president and the first lady encouraged Americans to take their summer vacations on the Gulf Coast, they were criticized for not following their own advice, instead traveling to North Carolina and Maine and planning a trip later this month to Martha's Vineyard. Mrs. Obama also took Sasha to Spain.
The president's swim happened out of sight of the news media. The White House released an official photo, but The Associated Press does not publish such handout images. According to the White House, the Obamas swam off Alligator Point, which is in Saint Andrews Bay, not the Gulf.
Please note the part about not swimming in the Gulf.
So, they make a token visit to the Gulf 25? 27? hours then rush off on yet another vacation where they really want to go. Why not take a week in the areas hardest hit by the oil?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

Sure the WH press folks think the basic american is dumb as a box of rocks. To them basic americans are simply slaves to be lied to everyday then fead all manners of propeganda to keep the masses submissive, with sports, game shows, and all manners of foolish reality-HDTV shows.

I'm down here on pensacola beach florida, and well he sure as heck didn't come here. The water is still murky and the only thing swimming in it is tons of sharks which don't seem to be effected. All the smaller fish have eather died off and gone somewhere else cause nothing lives in the water around here except the sharks. Probably waiting for the president to get in the water so they can have a SNACK...

(shark 1): Nothing to eat again..this is getting bad.
(shark 2): I heard that there are a few idiot humans saying the waters ok to swim in again..
(shark 1): Really??? Wow that means WE SHARKS will finally get to EAT the idiot humans...MMMMMM...leg of human...arm of human...fatty humans...:shark drool::
(shark 2): Can you believe they actually said the human president was going swimming?
(shark 1): Really...well howdy lets all swim down to where he is and try out some of the darker meat....that white meat is kinda bland...
(shark 2): hey now were not supposed to go for just the dark meat...all meats the same...
(shark 1): Hey its all good and bloody and the human meat screams alot..
(shark 3) You two are loons...you really think the Prez of the humans is dumb enough to go in the gulf.. sheesh I bet its a cover story for when he meets with the LIZARD OverLords...go in the water..how dumb do you think sharks are?
(Shark 1) :You really think that will happen?
(shark 2): Naw the idiot humans will tell there people its ok to swim again...even though it won't be.
(shark 1): Yeah..::big shark grin with lotsof sharp pointy teeth:: MORE MEAT FOR US TO EAT....LETS GO BOYZ...its DINNER TIME...

::all three sharks swim off for there chose of white, dark meat::

Who knew sharks were so smart..and people were so dumb..

what if..

Hmmmmm..

Smirx.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Do you know i actually laughed when reading this. If anyone believes this BS then they must be mad! Let me get this straight: he bans the MSM from coming to see him swim, yet produces pictures of him in the sea? Eh? Why not take a reporter, just one, say "meet at the gulf buddy and i will jump straight in", then no one would doubt him. As someone said before, he is now lying just for the sake of lying, its as if he gets kicks from fooling people. Even Georege W Bush was a better guy than this fool, we can look back at GWB speaches and get a laugh from his bumbling nonsense (check youtube).

I wonder, do you think Obama spends his nights just think new ways of BS ing the public for his own enjoyment? No wonder he wanted to become president, what a laugh he must have

[edit on 16-8-2010 by thedarktower]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

President Obama said that he’d take a dip in the Gulf of Mexico to prove to America that the water in the Gulf was safe for swimming in the wake of the oil leak. He also said that there would be no press allowed in the area for his swim because the last time he took his shirt off with reporters around he ended up on a magazine cover that now doubles as wallpaper in Chris Matthews’ dressing room.

Come on, there would be hundreds of amateur photographers all camped around, or watching where Obama would go for his swim. If he did, there is not chance unless hell froze over that he wouldn't be snapped... (Photographed).

Please come off it, if it happens he has to himself give proof it did... or it would be just a "Hey I once climbed up mount Everest and if you want proof I wrote it on a piece of paper". There will be pictures of course, but whether their legit or fabrications, who knows.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The same morons that voted for him will believe anything he says. Unfortunately the same idiots that voted for this guy follow him and think he is some kind of God. Dumbama knows this and thinks that if he can fool the morons that voted for him, then that is enough. I mean it did get him elected, correct?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Okay,

I'm from The Great State of Texas. I know what that water looks like. That is without a doubt the Gulf of Mexico water.

I have no doubt about that.

I just love this statement...lol

Maybe you can tell me where my tap water comes from...lol

If you look at the map of Alligator Point you'll notice what looks like a river feeding into the gulf, that would be fresh water and not gulf water. Then there's the case of no reporters, what a scam, just another deception from this Lyin Sack of Sh*t.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1
The same morons that voted for him will believe anything he says. Unfortunately the same idiots that voted for this guy follow him and think he is some kind of God. Dumbama knows this and thinks that if he can fool the morons that voted for him, then that is enough. I mean it did get him elected, correct?

Not to be mean but with that kind of response you just sound like a dumbass. Really though Obama is just a spokesman, a face so to speak for the actual real people in power to talk through. No im not talking about mythical creatures like reptilians, pixies or fairies... But the rich folk, the people with billions of dollars, you know amounts of money that no ordinary folk could ever achieve in a lifetime...

But yes a incredibly retardly stupid amount of money at their disposal that they can throw it at people and in this world money > all.

Every tried to live without money? Impossible.

EDIT: Ok I kind of went off track, but no my point was originally that Obama is just the voice and face of the USA... He can only state what hes been told to state. There is no way a randomly elected person would suddenly inherit total control over an entire country in this day and age of the dollar.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Aoxoa]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

LOL!!! Malkin is your source?

HAHAHA oh my god, at first i was thinking "wow...why would Obama do this" then i saw your source and it all made sense.

Get a clue man.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In my neck of the woods school starts in just about a week and family vacations were wrapped up a couple of weeks ago. Time for back to school shopping you know. Obama, you're out of touch with reality.

Good timing Mr. President. Glad the bay is now safe and open for business. Now, what about the Gulf? Summer season is over and the revenue has long been lost. A day late and a dollar short, should have been Obama's campaign theme.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I was swimming in Panama City Beach waters this weekend as well, and they are certainly not "murky"!!!!

Please stop passing on bad information. The Gulf Waters and Beaches (at least in Florida) are pristine and beautiful. Come down here and see for yourself before you slander our beaches this way!

That water may look clean but did you test it? There's a Youtube video of people swimming in the gulf in what looks like clean water while reporters from a TV station are taking samples of gulf water for testing. All the samples proved the water had serious contaminants in it and one test tube actually blew up during testing.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Malkin got her info here www.whitehouse.gov...

Just a quick map search will reveal his location. Type in alligator point

maps.google.com...

Granted he was swimming near an inlet but hardly the beach that is typically associated with Panama City beaches.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

Okay,

I'm from The Great State of Texas. I know what that water looks like. That is without a doubt the Gulf of Mexico water.

I have no doubt about that.

I just love this statement...lol

Maybe you can tell me where my tap water comes from...lol

If you look at the map of Alligator Point you'll notice what looks like a river feeding into the gulf, that would be fresh water and not gulf water. Then there's the case of no reporters, what a scam, just another deception from this Lyin Sack of Sh*t.

Alligator Point is still over an hour away from Panama City. I live within minutes of Alligator Point, and the President was not here this weekend. Furthermore, Alligator Point is not what Floridians consider a beach. It is marshy, and it is Gulf Front, but it is not a typical Florida beach.

St. George Island is the closest touristy beach to Alligator Point, but it does not even compare to Panama City, Destin, Pensacola, etc.

The pristine beaches are along the barrier islands, and they are not next to river mouths.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

That water may look clean but did you test it? There's a Youtube video of people swimming in the gulf in what looks like clean water while reporters from a TV station are taking samples of gulf water for testing. All the samples proved the water had serious contaminants in it and one test tube actually blew up during testing.

The exploding test tube was already debunked on ATS in another thread. If I remember right, it was not even Gulf Water, it was some other water testing.

As far as how the water looks, you are talking about oil contamination not bacteria contamination. If the water looks clean, then it is clean when it comes to oil.

Here along the coast, we are familiar with several types of contamination. Red Tide is the most frequent, and it closes beaches. It usually comes along with dead sea life and a nasty smell.

There are also the occasional sewage spills. The water may look clean, but they put out news bulletins and red flags to beware of dangerous bacteria levels due to sewage. It happens rarely and only lasts a couple of days.

As far as oil, if you don't see it, then it isn't there. If you do see it, and you don't go in it, then you'll be fine. If you accidentally get in some, just wash it off. This isn't some invisible poison, it is just oil and some dispersant.

The Florida Beaches are still FINE!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

Re what a real president would do, I'm totally with you on that - but this guy won't go anywhere near the place now with all the toxins in the air and the water.

What a jack...s!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If, as you seem to be suggesting, the water there is fine, then I am ecstatic for the people there. Presumably that will mean they can rebuild their businesses. It will be the best news I've heard all year.

However, all the news I've read for weeks says the exact opposite.

So, please don't blame me for posting what I believe to be true based on everything I've read. I don't live there, I can't see for myself. But all tne news paints a bad picture of toxic sea and toxic air down there.

The point of the article was that Obama didn't swim in the Gulf anywhere near the oil spill area, which is what the photo and the propaganda were implying.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
OMG, people are insane! Alligator Point IS IN the Gulf of Mexico! Google it! You're making a big deal about him not being in the Gulf... There are hundreds of bays along the water's edge in the Gulf... You expected him to be dropped by helicopter out into the middle of the Gulf???

Jesus! This place is getting crazier than I thought! Following Michelle Malkin, it's no wonder... :shk:

That's like saying, "He wasn't on the airplane, he was in a seat" (on the airplane)...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

There are other sources. Perhaps this will suit your taste better.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

Before you pour derision, check it out, man

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join