It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange two lights on hillside above Hebden Bridge, England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Strange two lights on hillside above Hebden Bridge, England

I was having a smoke staring into the sky from my attic window just at around 11pm tonight when I saw something strange that resembled two street lights. Fine, there are a number of yellow/orange street lights that I can see at night but not from that area. I live in the valley of Hebden Bridge and this was on the hillside above Eaves, I'm guessing somewhere between Heptonstall Slack and Colden. These two lights did resemble street lights but I've never seen them there before not to mention that close together. There was also a faint red light which was like a search light which was moving along the ground but you could bearly see that... my eyes might have been playing tricks on me there. As I watched on the lights didn't move at all but as I stared closely at them they resembled two yellow stars I looked at the street lights and again as i looked closely they also resembled stars, you know when you just relax your eyes and stare at something and you lose the sharpness of an object.

No sooner as I had stared at them for about two minutes they simply turned off. They did not move they just went out. I'm thinking of actually going up there sometime tomorrow to have a look at what it could possibly be so I'll see. I am convinced they are man made lights... but just it's so strange. They were spaced out so it wasn't from a vehicle, They are not street lights because I don't think they have any up there and they would not go out in the middle of the night.

Now Hebden Bridge is a bit of a... well how do I put it... an alternative community. It's a very beautiful industrial town near the Yorkshire/Lancashire border but it's become very alternative. There have been reports of Alien sightings around these parts before. I've seen a few strange things in my time as well but the most famous report was that of a Policeman Alan Godfrey in 1980.

ufos.about.com...

However this was on the hillside not the main road. In the last two years since moving back to Hebden Bridge I have seen on two occasions Helicopters with search lights hovering above the opposite hillside. Chinease lanterns being let off on the hillside as well as a few falling stars and fast moving lights. Hebden Bridge also once had a football team called the Hebden Bridge Aliens whom I used to play for. They don't exist anymore unfortunately.

I've had a look again but there now not there.

I took a video of it but it's pretty crap but the first video shows 3 lights but if you look closely you can see two lights close together. Then the second shows two lights (the street lights). If anybody knows of any converting software that can change MP4 to MPEG then I'll put the two videos together and let you have a look at it. I wanna mute it because my voice is on there and I'm not making much sense!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Ok... managed to get a version uploaded but it's terrible quality. Will try and get a better quality video later... sorry for the green stuff...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don't mean to be offensive.....but.......that is probably the worst UFO video I have ever seen.......sorry

You also seem to have debunked this yourself, you say that the lights appear to be like street lights and you claim that you are convinced that they are man made

Just wondering why you would post something that you are convinced is man made and looks like street lights.

I reckon it's street lights

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Adono86

Were the lights to the North of Hebden Bridge and therefor up over the moorlands or South across the valley?

I don't think you have debunked them at all. I perfectly understand what you are saying. Chances are they are either natural or something made made but what the chuff were they doing stuck out in the middle of nothing at that time of night?

You are perfectly right that, the area is steeped in a recent history of weird lights and other strange phenomena.

BTW, the reason Hebden Bridge is like it is is that. It was one of the places where asbestosis was discovered and the town was, in effect, evacuated. The reason all the houses are so clean looking is that the whole top layer of brickwork was sandblasted to clean the asbestos away. House were so cheap the only people who really wanted them were artists etc etc. Hence it is rather an anomaly socially in the area.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
They were to the north on the moor. Which does not have any street lights on nor any major buildings... perhaps the odd one but not a built up area. That's the most weird thing about this, I am not stating that this is a UFO as lights dont suggest a UFO but what the heck was it? That's what I want to know...

If they were street lights then they have just been put up and why did they switch themselves off. Why would they also be in the middle of nowhere? I will get a better look tomorrow and put a picture up of the area where I saw them... cant see anything when it's dark.

Another theory that a friend said was that it's headlights from a large vehichle. Unfortunately the distance inbetween the lights that I could see is too big for it to be any vehichle. They also just turned off... you would see the lights move away if it was a vehichle they just stopped shining.

Yep, Hebden Bridge is a very alternative town. I like the place though, very trendy and stylish.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
1980 I was living in Victoria terrace in Eastwood , the whole area is seeping with freaks and hippies what with the moors sprouting the wee little mushrooms...I am not surprised you are seeing things I once discovered that its not a man in the moon, but a man and a woman, kissing passionatly they were and the amazing thing is I can still see them today (whenever theres a full moon that is)
I had thought the feaks had sold out to the juppies and moved to Scottland
certainly is always amazing to see what a hippy invasion will do to the price of housing, once word gets out...!
Greetings from the west coast of Canada and all the best to you and whoever is still hanging in there.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I used to have a paper round through Charlestown and Eastwood. Small world after all.

I'm guessing you experimented with the local stuff, personally I've kept away from all that garbage so I am not seeing things.

No, the alternative group are here in force now. The canal is beautiful full of barges and it is a real attractive place and it is booming. It's a tourist town with a drug problem but for the locals it's a drug town with a tourist problem.

The unfortunate thing is that the drugs are rife although you hardly hear any of it in the Hebden Bridge Times you can go out and you smell cannabis on people and it's just not nice. Also the suicide rate is very high as well as the death rate through drugs. I knew three people from High School who have commited suicide and in the last year I've read reports of about five people who have died through the misuse of drugs. One in Mytholmroyd bus station toilets...

The reccession has left kids with no future. Everyday I see them in the memorial gardens or on Calder Holmes Park, same people different day. Not nice. About two years ago their was a major graffiti job done at the main bus stand in the centre of hebden bridge. A picture of a child holding a bottle of alcohol with the words... "Hebden Bridge - A place for alcoholic children" In a way it's right. I thought it was not graffiti or vandalism but a cry for help as the majority of those kids are simply unemployable but then... it's the same everywhere just Hebden sticks out a bit more because everyone is so laid back about it. Kids drinking cider and smoking weed in the street... terrible I know... In Hebden Bridge? I see it all the time... their parents have done it and still do it so they think it's normal.

If you check this out... you'll know what I mean.

www.youtube.com...

Anyways back onto the topic. Had a friend comment on it and said that she used to live near there and saw strange lights all time time. With it being pitch black up there at night you couldn't make out what the heck it actually was. So it's definately not street lights.

It's not a vehichle but another person suggested that it could be high powered tourches. A possibility but I know my video doesn't exactly show it clearly but those two lights were level with each other, stationairy and suddenly went out so it's highly unlikely that it's tourches.

This is the view during the day time. The red circle means where I saw the lights, the yellow circles indicate the street lights. Again sorry I cannot zoom in but I can see a house on the hillside but its shielded by a tree. I know full well that the lights were further away from the tree as they were clear. There's a few electricity wires that run up there and maybe it was some maintanence work that was going on. You'd need lighting there as it would be pitch black. I have not heard of reports of a power cut and I guess I wont fully know until Thursday when the local paper comes out. Evening Courier (The daily local paper) has nothing and wont until Tomorrow as it's released in the morning now.

My guess is that it was mainanence work on the telephone/electricity wires. Stationairy lights, needed to a quick job... just happened to be at night.

Spoke to another friend of mine just now and apparently those chinease lanterns were out in force earlier last night.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Adono86]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Adono86

Adono86.....

Sorry.....

I can't really tell anything from that video.

Good luck with you next go!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

join