It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Satellite Failure Means Decade of Global Warming Data Doubtful

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I dont need scientific data to see that there is a problem.
what is the root cause i couldnt say - maybe the whole universe is having a hot flash.
talk to a farmer- they live or starve according to weather.
talk to russia going up like tinder.
look at the usa-infestations of bark beetles-trees got no sap to fight them off-
dried up. millions of acres from arizona to alaska- tinder- not timber.
look at govts. grabbing control of water.
scientists dance to the tune they are paid for.
investigate for yourself

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Needrollkilla

I haven't read your links yet, but i reckon your'e spot on. Climate changes have been clearly observed on other planets, so it's not just our SUV's doing the damage.
Deja-Vu-Moment; I'm sure i've posted that before, as well

Thanks for the info

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Probably

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

To quote another post;

Originally posted by Phage
Maybe the warming on Mars is caused by Mars not by the Sun.

Here we present predictions from a Mars general circulation model, indicating that the observed interannual albedo alterations strongly influence the martian environment. Results indicate enhanced wind stress in recently darkened areas and decreased wind stress in brightened areas, producing a positive feedback system in which the albedo changes strengthen the winds that generate the changes.

Our results suggest that documented albedo changes affect recent climate change and large-scale weather patterns on Mars, and thus albedo variations are a necessary component of future atmospheric and climate studies.

www.nature.com...

Maybe the warming on Pluto is simply a change in the very long seasons which Pluto experiences.

“The most likely explanation is thermal lag,” says MIT astrophysicist James Elliot, one of the team leaders. “On Earth, the days are longest in the northern hemisphere near the end of June, but the hottest month is July. Similarly, Pluto may not reach maximum surface temperature until a decade or so from now.”

discovermagazine.com...

The climate on Jupiter is very different from the climate of Earth, it's probably not very reasonable to think that the changes in both have the same cause. Jupiter after all, produces most of its heat internally.

We report differences in aspect ratios, areas and peak velocities of the GRS and the Oval(s) from 1979, 2000, and 2006. Some changes are large, and we discuss their implications for Jovian climate. We compare the areas of the clouds associated with the vortices with the areas enclosed by their outermost closed streamlines, and with the areas of the vortices’ potential vorticity anomalies. Indicators of climate change, such as changes in the mean zonal flow, the vertical stratification and vorticity gradients across the jet stream, are discussed.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Triton, like Pluto, has a very long seasonal cycle. It's turning summer.

The moon is approaching an extreme southern summer, a season that occurs every few hundred years. During this special time, the moon's southern hemisphere receives more direct sunlight. The equivalent on Earth would be having the sun directly overhead at noon north of Lake Superior during a northern summer.

web.mit.edu...

Total solar irradience has changed very little since we have been able to measure it. While that change may contribute to warming, there are other factors closer to home (on Earth and other planets) which have much greater effects.

Although the inferred increase of solar irradiance in 24 years, about 0.1 percent, is not enough to cause notable climate change, the trend would be important if maintained for a century or more. Satellite observations of total solar irradiance have obtained a long enough record (over 24 years) to begin looking for this effect.

www.sciencedaily.com...

And here is a link to help you learn about any other arguments you may have had against the case for AGW.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I just heard on the radio that ALL the satalites (5) including one that is still on the pad, are sending data that is thusly flawed...
Couldn't have anything to do with 20 trillion dollars a year in carbon taxes...
DESIGNED BY KEN LEY OF ENRON DUH!

The sun controls things, and anyway, there are no SUVs on MARS...
Just look at how easy life was in the medieval warming period
or during the roman warming period
some of the most productive time periods man has ever had.

Thing is about liers; they just keep coming out with the next lie, then they get disproven, then the next lie, then when that gets disproven, then the next lie...lie after lie after lie, and they figure sooner or later they'll come up with something that will stick...
like the reasons for invading Iraq
BLAH BLAH BLAH

The math models were bogus, the email scandal. Al Gore's hockey stick FAKE (co2 follows temperature DUH!), Co2 measuring devices on the sides of volcanoes....glacial melting based on summer recessions...
these people can't even forcast the weather tommorow, weather men are correct less then 5o percent of the time...and they still expect to get paid.
must be nice to have a gubermint job...Jeeeeebus

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You guys know that no matter what a failing satellite says, Carbon dioxide is still Greenhouse Gas right?

Greenhouse gases are gases in an atmosphere that absorb and emit radiation within the thermal infrared range. [HEAT]

Greenhouse gases greatly affect the temperature of the Earth; without them, Earth's surface would be on average about 33 °C (59 °F) colder than at present.

Since the beginning of the Industrial revolution, the burning of fossil fuels has substantially increased the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

Preindustrial Era - Carbon dioxide was 280 ppm
Current Level - Carbon dioxide is now around 390 ppm

en.wikipedia.org...

The Sun has more to do with the heating of the Earth's atmosphere than Carbon dioxide does, but there is no denying the amount of coal and oil that humans have lifted out of the ground and burned off into the atmosphere will affect the planet.

If we keep emitting Carbon dioxide the atmosphere’s temperature will increase unless the Sun stops burning so brightly, or if the Earth's orbit moves further away from the Sun.
Both of which do fluctuate.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

key word amatures...
second line

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stanats

al gore's familly are big oil
second line

ps
in case you would like some linky to wash that down with"

Oil Companies Support Global Warming Alarmists, Not Skeptics

www.prisonplanet.com...
the best way to control the opposition is to be the opposition..

Ill say it nice and slow...
the carbon taxes benefit big oil by forcing the price of oil up by creating an artificial scarcity...now that peak oil has been thoroughly discredited by abiotic oil. and they won't have to pay these taxes YOU will...
so dream away...just for everyone elses sakes, don't do any voting.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is a pdf on NOAA-16 from last year,

www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov...

It's not for the fainthearted, and I am struggling to read and reread it. It seems that the problems go back a bit, or rather are not to date ie; 2009/2010. This does not mean that NOOA-16 is used exclusively for data, but I'm still reading the PDF....

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

This is just complete nonsense. Why would big oil support something that basically puts them out of business?

It's like saying the oil spill was an intentional act to support the green movement, because they had SO much to gain... ( PS: if that is an actual conspiracy around here, just shoot me now )

The sun controls things, and anyway, there are no SUVs on MARS...
Just look at how easy life was in the medieval warming period
or during the roman warming period
some of the most productive time periods man has ever had.

This was already addressed several times, like in my post above yours.

Please form a coherent post with any problems you have instead of 3 with random ramblings about Al Gore, Alex Jones, and other planets.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

This is just complete nonsense. Why would big oil support something that basically puts them out of business?

It's like saying the oil spill was an intentional act to support the green movement, because they had SO much to gain... ( PS: if that is an actual conspiracy around here, just shoot me now )

Because supporting the global warming movement oil & energy companies stand to make record windfall profits. Let me explain how.

Take the European emission trading scheme for example, permits during the first 2 phases have been given out for free based on historical emissions. However most energy companies have passed on to consumers the opportunity cost of permits that they were given free. A survey undertaken by the European Commission found that 70 per cent of energy suppliers “price in” the value of permits into marginal pricing decisions.

The outcome has been both higher electricity prices, and windfall profits for energy generators. It is estimated that free permit allocation to generators helped deliver a £9 billion windfall in the EU ETS, at the expense of energy consumers.

Auctioning of the permits in my opinion atleast early on in the EU ETS will mean higher permit costs as the demand for them should be quite high while high emission production techniques are still used. These higher permit costs again will be passed on to the end user and guess who that is people like me and you....

So do you still believe that the oil and other energy industries dont have anything to gain by pushing the cap & trade schemes? I will load my gun now if not.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Forum rules forbid me to say what the professionals think of Piers Corbyn
Although fair to say they consider Donald Duck more competent!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TankWolf

thank you TankWolf
eloquent and factual and accurate.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

this is a forum
pretending to back up your opinions doesn't cut it...
and if your experts are the british met office which has already blown itself out of the water, or anyone connected to the IPCC, or NOAA or nasa (never a straight answer), or anyone connected to the climate gate email scandal, save me the trouble of explaining...I already have a laff ache.

just a comment on whatup...

Henrik Svensgard's work suggests that sun spot activity's indirect effect on cloud formation is the primary driver of earth teperature (climate).
So much so that it has prompted CERN to embark on research into the physics of cloud formation and the role of cosmic rays.
The clue that they may on the right track, as opposed to CO2 demonisation, is that Piers Corbin's (sun spot activity based) weather forecasts, predicted the recent and current cold spell and the wet summer last year. Our Met Office with their models did not.
Interesting to note the vested interests of the academics above too...

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Quite jaw dropping how misinformation perpetuates. But then again I suppose it gives the skeptics a nice warm fuzzy feeling to keep believing in BS. When I read 2350 I nearly choked , the actual number was ..... (fill in the blanks its bleedin obvious). The spelling mistake of 2035 was repeated by the IPCC however, unlike skeptics, they have since come clean and admitted it was a SPELLING mistake.

How many skeptics have admitted to misrepresenting data? NOT FREAKIN ONE!!! Shame on you all.

BS, really?...

The errors are in a 2007 report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, a U.N.-affiliated body. All the mistakes appear in a subsection that suggests glaciers in the Himalayas could melt away by the year 2035 — hundreds of years earlier than the data actually indicates. The year 2350 apparently was transposed as 2035.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

But hey, at least it shows how misinformed "malcr" is...

They had to admit on several occassions that they published erroneous data, and that they did it to PUSH governments to do their bidding...

This is well known to everyone, except to "malcr" it appears...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
I hope that consumers of this kind of information are not surprised. The "global warming/climate change" fallacy is one of the biggest psychological operations ever conducted. It was conducted in order to capitalize on peoples' desire to "clean up the world" and legitimately act in good faith in being stewards of the earth.

The climate change psyop was developed and conducted by some of the most ruthless, devious and evil people in human history in an effort to cheat folks out of their money and soverignty. It was and is a huge lie bankrolled by people like George Soros and Al Gore, who stand to make billions if the carbon offset trading scheme is ever legitimized by the U. S. Federal Government.

The global warming science is most certainly not settled, as Al Gore claimed a few years ago. It is, and always has been a fraud and a lie.

I agree with your well spoken points. Notice how father al gore is in hiding? After all that talk, this guy is like the naudet brothers, the most famed photographers the world has seen, who are mossad agents in hiding due to public awareness of the truth. Well, father al, as U2 billionaire bone refers to him, is staged to make a comeback. It is only a matter of time until we get his promises in writing. There are no elections. There are only shackles, and these men are incalculably evil, ruthlessly precise, in their movements.

The way it works is this: corporations supply pols with money. Pols supply corporations with immunity. There's no increase in pols going after BP and making them tell truth. The entire media will lie for these men on command. The real job is to take the stuffing out of every man woman and child in the form of 'awareness' and taxation. That is why the epa will now go after 'dust' as a common enemy. OMG you have a dirt road? That is pollution. We're are citing you with ya da ya da ya da. Meanwhile, ton after ton of invisible methane emerge from a sea bed that looks like a scrapyard. Scientists will be silenced as BP is allowed to bring their bad publicity to an end, and man, you and me, as individuals will be charged with the burden. Because, as many believe, it was 'our greed' that caused the disaster, any disaster you can name.

These are feelings of low self-esteem. The media has been engendering these in us for decades. Don't feel bad, al gore fans. Looks like father al won something big, after all!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
what if it IS a big hoax and we create a better world for nothing?

just saying...

hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net...

[edit on 17-8-2010 by coolguy]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolguy
what if it IS a big hoax and we create a better world for nothing?

just saying...

You actually think the elites are doing this to create a better world?...

You know what part of their "better world is?... That people like you and me be taken out of the equation with their depopulation schemes...

But hey, if you want to comply to their claims that without you the world will be a better place more power to you.

No better world will come from these schemes, on the contrary more draconian laws to control every part of our lives because at the end that is what they want... control.

Just saying...

[edit on 17-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

You actually think the elites are doing this to create a better world?...

...Just saying...

[edit on 17-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

well the oil companies say its a hoax too. are you saying the oil companies are denying global warming because they care about us and want us to know the truth? or do you think there are two groups of elites, the scientists and the industrialists, who are in a shadow war with each other?

interesting theory.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by coolguy

the best way to control the opposition is to be the opposition..

Ill say it nice and slow...
the carbon taxes benefit big oil by forcing the price of oil up by creating an artificial scarcity...now that peak oil has been thoroughly discredited by abiotic oil. and they won't have to pay these taxes YOU will...

Danbones already said this above, but I thought it was worth repeating.

TPTB are subtle. They have learned that most of the sheeple do in fact take things at face value, and so all they need do is create something plausible, and then keep it spinning, from several directions. The media is the most useful, but they have plenty of other tools as well.

Should we keep taking things at face value?

Well, this latest Cap & Trade scheme seems to indicate at least $20 Trillion is at stake. Can we afford to just swallow what is put in front of us, when money like this is involved? I wonder what the chances would be, that we would be told the truth, if it happened to conflict with this scheme?

What we should EXPECT, is that any, and every "plausible" lie necessary, is going to be thrown at us, in order to pull it off, whether we like it or not, with the "truth", never even a factor. The only thing to focus on here, seems to be the Almighty Dollar.

As usual.

JR

<< 1  2    4 >>

join