It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Picture Tells A Thousand Words

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
He there Writers!

I have not contributed to this board before, but that is not hrough lack of wanting. It is through lack of creativity. I work five days a week, and for those five days I am tired, concentrating intently on direct things, and busy with menial tasks.

The result? No creativity. I would like to write little but often, so when something jumps into my head I can get it down, and maybe come back the next day and continue. I would love to do this with you guys, and think you already do it.

I have come up with a little twist however, and hope no one has ever tried it here before, otherwise close this and point me to that thread! What I porpose is posting a picture, and then letting the subsequent person base his piece on that picture. He would then end his piece with a picture for the next poster, etc.

Now there would be not any rule per se, but just some basics like keep it short, a few paragraphs at a time, but no specific limits. I think that would deter people who are not used to writing, because you get an idea but can't make it fit into the alloted space.

Also every so often we could interject to get it back on track. It could be a continuos story with charaters, or it could change repeatedly, as long as it FLOWS. Also we could post three pictures at a time, but only write about one. This gives the poster direction, but the following poster still has some flexibility to take it where he/she wants to.

I will leave it that then and let the pictures do the talking, I will start off with three simple pictures which could start any piece off (they are pretty basic). Hopefully the first poster will jump write in there!

One thing I will say is lets make the pictures interesting, i.e good quality, no animation only real PICTURES, like soemthing you would see accompanying a really interesting novel! And obviosly nothing incredibly distaseful that is likely to cause offence.

Thanks!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/2c2c3b8c562b7988.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f770b8ea56ba2943.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f84e827810cb302d.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Question: Is poetry an acceptable form of writing for this thread? Perhaps a couple stanzas? Thank-you.

Edit: I realize this is in the "short stories" section so my request may be a bit of a stretch.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Seleras]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Seleras

I don't see why not? As long as it still all flows together, I think it would be a nice addition. One thing I would say is that poetry means different things to different people, but that could benefit the piece by giving the following poster more flexibility.

I posted it on this board after writing out a very detailed post in the collabarative writing board, and then loosing it all because you have to have permission to post there!

I have been a way for a day and was expecting someone to have started it off, oh well! Maybe I will still start it off, but so many times I have spent a long time on here getting stuff down and people not replying, I started to have give up!

join