It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals flock to sanctuary states that give them driver's licenses

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
So your saying its cool to enter the country illegally by foot but a big no no by airplane?

Will you please stop putting words in my mouth. As I clearly stated, the issue is once someone is here, not how they got here.

So if the ICE showed up to the guy in the articles door arrested him and sent him back its A-OK with you cause his rights were not violated he admitted to a crime?

Are you suggesting that free speech is a crime? If you believe him, investigate and if you find evidence, by all means. That doesn't grant you constitutional authority to violate due process.

...and if their was a way to find out who was illegal in this country and deport them without infringing on anyones rights you damn sure as hell still wouldnt support it.

Sure I would. Because then the issue naturally wouldn't involve totalitarian government encroaching it's self into everyone's business for the sake of the few.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
growing up in california, i always thought it was funny that legally, you had to read english to get a driver's license. But you could take the written exam in Spanish.

That said, IMO, many of you in this thread do a VERY poor job of hiding your bigotry behind concerns for 'the law'.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I completely agree at how ludicrous that is. Even Arizona's Constitution states English is the official language.

I don't believe in spending tax payer dollars for anything but the official language of it's citizens.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

So your saying its cool to enter the country illegally by foot but a big no no by airplane?

Will you please stop putting words in my mouth. As I clearly stated, the issue is once someone is here, not how they got here.

So if the ICE showed up to the guy in the articles door arrested him and sent him back its A-OK with you cause his rights were not violated he admitted to a crime?

Are you suggesting that free speech is a crime? If you believe him, investigate and if you find evidence, by all means. That doesn't grant you constitutional authority to violate due process.

...and if their was a way to find out who was illegal in this country and deport them without infringing on anyones rights you damn sure as hell still wouldnt support it.

Sure I would. Because then the issue naturally wouldn't involve totalitarian government encroaching it's self into everyone's business for the sake of the few.

OK if i get caught speeding the cop ask for my license. I was just wondering what is wrong if a cop stops someone for speeding and asks for proper documentation proving they have a right to be here?

I have to show a license to prove i have a right to drive. Why shouldnt you have to show papers proving you have a right to be here IF you are stopped for another crime?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's clear that the immigration process in this country is broken and needs to be fixed..but with persons like the OP here throughout the country I don't know how we will ever be able to fix it.

There is no way to enter the United States legally if you don't have a college degree and an employer willing to file the paperwork for you get a work permit, other ways to enter the United States legally is for you to have close relatives that are legal citizens, or if you have a substantial amount money to invest.

Even if you do get accepted, there is a long waiting period. There is no way for average persons from Mexico or other undeveloped countries to come here legally to better their lives, and when I say "average persons" I'm talking about honest hard working people who at least know how to read and write and have the capability to learn English. There is simply no way for them to come here legally right now.

And before you all start mouthing me off calling me names, I'd like to say that yes I support people coming here to better their lives, and I do support states giving these persons drivers licenses and I do support states giving the opportunity to the children of these people to attend college, whether their illegal or not. I also pay my share of taxes but I've always liked helping people out.

I know what most undocumented families go through, because my grandparents were one of those families once, they came to this country with the hope of giving their son (my dad) the opportunity at a better life, and it did pay off.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Really? So you think all "drivers" should now be required to carry their birth-certificates on them and other vitally important information which if lost or stolen could cause irreparable harm to their good names. Simply because you want to catch a few "illegal aliens".

Which is quite ironic considering this exact situation happened to a US citizen just a month or so back. He was unlawfully detained for several after providing several forms of valid identification because they wanted more, like his birth certificate and being an intelligent responsible person he wasn't carrying it with him. Because he is not obliged to by law. So his wife had to bring it in.

This violated the due process and SUPREME LAW of the land of this country under the petty excuse of looking for "illegal aliens".

You know who else did what your suggesting under the guise of rooting out illegal minorities? Hitler.

Yeah I went there.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
reply to post by ker2010

Really? So you think all "drivers" should now be required to carry their birth-certificates on them and other vitally important information which if lost or stolen could cause irreparable harm to their good names. Simply because you want to catch a few "illegal aliens".

Which is quite ironic considering this exact situation happened to a US citizen just a month or so back. He was unlawfully detained for several after providing several forms of valid identification because they wanted more, like his birth certificate and being an intelligent responsible person he wasn't carrying it with him. Because he is not obliged to by law. So his wife had to bring it in.

This violated the due process and SUPREME LAW of the land if this country under the petty excuse of looking for "illegal aliens".

You know who else did what your suggesting under the guise of rooting out illegal minorities? Hitler.

Yeah I went there.

Funny I have no problem keeping my passport card in my wallet while im in Canada visiting my fiances family.

Right eights? Im forced to wear a damn seat belt in NC. Shouldnt i have the right or not to decide whether i wanna travel safely or not? Plus im required to carry registration, a license etc whats another piece of paper? Pfft

So im forced to wear a seat belt, forced to carry a license, forced to carry registration but once im forced to carry proof of citizenship NOW NOW thats crossing the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Funny I have no problem keeping my passport card in my wallet while im in Canada visiting my fiances family.

Right eights? Im forced to wear a damn seat belt in NC. Shouldnt i have the right or not to decide whether i wanna travel safely or not?

You're deliberately running circles aren't you.

I also like how you COMPLETELY skipped over the fact your suggestive methods explicitly lead to rights deprivations.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

So im forced to wear a seat belt, forced to carry a license, forced to carry registration but once im forced to carry proof of citizenship NOW NOW thats crossing the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY!

I got no problem as a citizen having documentation. I have to have all these other things! So whats the big deal why does this all of a sudden infringe on ones rights?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Did you ever stop to think it all infringes on your rights? And because you're so accustomed to having your rights infringed you naturally believe the rights of others should be restricted also due to the precedent of rights being restricted under the guise of political madness?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

PLEASE!
Go To www.uscis.gov
Visit the U.S.

There are two types of nonimmigrant visas available for people who want to visit the United States.

Visitor for business (B-1)
Visitor for pleasure (B-2)
The B-1 visa is for individuals who wish to visit the United States temporarily for business purposes, (e.g. conferences) or for medical treatment, or to accompany a family member who is requires medical treatment.

The B-2 visa is for individuals who wish to visit the United States temporarily or to visit family or friends.

If you are planning to visit the United States, you should be prepared to demonstrate the following:

Your visit will be temporary
You will depart at the end of your authorized stay or any extension granted by USCIS
You are in possession of a valid passport
You maintain a foreign residence that you have no intention of abandoning
You are able to support yourself financially while in the United States
You are admissible to the United States or have obtained a waiver for any ground of inadmissibility. For more information on this topic, see section 212(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) in the link to the right.
Generally, if you want to visit the United States you must first obtain a nonimmigrant visitor visa. Travelers from certain countries may be exempt from this requirement. For more information about visa requirements and procedures, see the U.S. Department of State and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) links to the right.

If you want to travel to the United States for reasons other than business or pleasure, you must apply for a visa in the appropriate category. This includes if you want to study, work as a crew member or journalist, etc., You can get help determining which visa you need by selecting the appropriate categories in the “Where to Start” menu on our home page.

And don't go and tell me this cost Thousands of Dollars, I know it doesn't.
The only problem here is you and your country on how you obtain a Passport.

Or: Change My Nonimmigrant Status

If you want to change the purpose of your visit while in the United States, you (or in some cases your employer) must file a request with USCIS on the appropriate form before your authorized stay expires. For instance, if you arrived here as a tourist but want to become a student, you must submit an application to change your status. We recommend that you apply as soon as you determine that you need to change to a different nonimmigrant category.

Until you receive approval from USCIS, do not assume the status has been approved, and do not change your activity in the United States. For example, if you are currently a nonimmigrant tourist, do not begin attending school as a student until you have received authorization from USCIS to change your status. If you fail to maintain your nonimmigrant status, you may be barred from returning to and/or removed (deported) from the United States. Your authorized status and the date your status expires can be found in the lower right-hand corner of your Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record.

In general, you may apply to change your nonimmigrant status if you were lawfully admitted to the United States with a nonimmigrant visa, your nonimmigrant status remains valid, you have not violated the conditions of your status, and you have not committed any crimes that would make you ineligible.

You do not need to apply to change your nonimmigrant status if you were admitted into the United States for business reasons (B-1 visa category ) and you wish to remain in the United States for pleasure before your authorized stay expires.

You do not need to apply to change your nonimmigrant status if you wish to attend school in the United States, and you are the spouse or child of someone who is currently in the United States in any of the following nonimmigrant visa categories:

Diplomatic and other government officials, and employees (A visa category)
International trade and investors (E visa )
Representatives to international organizations and their employees (G visa )
Temporary workers (H visa)
Representatives of foreign media (I visa)
Exchange visitors (J visa)
Intracompany transferees (L visa)
Academic (F visa) or vocational (M visa) students (you may attend elementary, middle or high school only: if you want to attend post-secondary school full-time you must apply for a change of status).
You may not apply to change your nonimmigrant status if you were admitted to the United States in the following categories:

Visa Waiver Program· Crew member (D nonimmigrant visa)
In transit through the United States (C nonimmigrant visa)
In transit through the United States without a visa (TWOV)
Fiancé of a U.S. citizen or dependent of a fiancé (K nonimmigrant visa)
Informant (and accompanying family) on terrorism or organized crime (S nonimmigrant visa)
If you are a vocational student (M-1), you may not apply to change your status to a(n):

Academic student (F-1)
Any H status (Temporary worker), if the training you received as a vocational student in the United States provided the qualifications for the temporary worker position you seek.
If you are an international exchange visitor (J-1), you may not change your nonimmigrant status if:

You were admitted to the United States to receive graduate medical training, unless you receive a special waiver.
You are an exchange visitor and are required to meet the foreign residence requirement, unless you receive a waiver.
If you do not receive a waiver, you may only apply to change to a diplomatic and other government officials (A visa) or representatives to international organizations (G visa)
For information on how to apply, see the “How Do I Apply” link to the left.
Last updated: 09/02/2009

It looks to me, like My Country has tried to make it easy for the immigrant to get the proper documentation. You can come here as a visitor and get an extension or get a job and get to stay on a work visa or get married or student.
The cost is not that large, $595. plus $80. two months at Burger King and you have that much and you can fill out all the forms on line and print and mail.
Meh, The Big Bad Americans is making So Hard to Be Here Legally.

The problem is How Lazy are YOU? Do you have a Criminal Background?
What are your countries requirements for a Passport?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It would be nice if they flocked out of Florida.We need thier jobs.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Right that's to get in the country. Nothing to do with once you're here.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

I really wish some one took the time to teach you how to read or how to use google.

www.uscis.gov
Here are just a few and I mean just a few of the applications and requirements and the fees.

There are more. Citizenship and Naturalization Based Forms
Title Form Number Filing Fee Edition

Application to File Declaration of Intention N-300 $235 09/08/09. Previous editions accepted.
Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings (Under Section 336 of the INA) N-336 $605 01/06/10. Previous editions accepted.
Monthly Report Naturalization Papers N-4 $0 11/09/09. No previous edition accepted.
Application for Naturalization N-400 $675 ($595 plus a biometrics fee of $80). Applicants 75 years of age or older are not charged a biometric fee; their fee total is $595. No fee is required for military applicants filing under Section 328 and 329 of the INA. 04/05/2010. 01/22/09, 10/15/07, 07/30/07, 11/01/06, 05/31/01 can be used. No other editions accepted.
Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service N-426 $0 05/10/10. Previous editions accepted.
Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purposes N-470 $305 01/06/10. Prior revisions are not accepted.
Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document N-565 $380 05/17/10. Previous editions accepted.
Application for Certificate of Citizenship N-600 $460; if filing on behalf of an adopted minor child, $420. 01/06/10. Previous editions accepted.
Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate under Section 322 N-600K $460; if you are filing on behalf of an adopted minor child, the fee is $420. 09/06/07. Previous editions accepted.
Application for Posthumous Citizenship N-644 No fee 09/08/09. Previous editions accepted.
Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions N-648 $0 07/01/09. 10/16/08 revision also accepted.
Last updated: 04/07/2010

Humanitarian Benefits Based Forms
Most of our forms can be downloaded and filled out on your computer using the latest version of Adobe Reader.

Title Form Number Filing Fee Edition
Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal I-212 $545 07/30/07. Previous editions accepted.
Application for Asylum and Withholding of Removal I-589 No fee 04/05/2010. Previous editions accepted.
Application for Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility I-601 $545 01/06/10. Previous editions not accepted.
Application By Refugee For Waiver of Grounds of Excludability I-602 $0 01/06/10. Previous editions accepted.
Health and Human Services Statistical Data for Refugee/Asylee Adjusting Status I-643 $0 10/29/09 Prior versions acceptable
Application to Adjust Status from Temporary to Permanent Resident (Under Section 245A of Public Law 99-603) I-698 $1,410 (See additional information on fees under "Special Instructions" below.) 12/29/2009. Previous editions not accepted.
Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition I-730 No fee 01/06/10. Previous editions accepted.
Application for Temporary Protected Status I-821 $50 for first time applicants. There is no application fee for re-registration. An $80 per person fee for biometrics may be required. 10/17/07. No previous editions accepted.
Application for T Nonimmigrant Status I-914 No fee. Biometrics services may be required at no cost to the applicant. 03/30/09. Previous editions accepted only through June 6, 2009.
Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status I-918 No Fee. Petitioners may have to pay an $80 biometrics fee. 08/31/07
Petition for Qualifying Family Member of a U-1 Nonimmigrant I-929 $215 07/15/09; Prior version accepted
Last updated: 06/23/2010

Now I'm finished with you, Please keep your Open Border, Sanctuary City and Sanctuary State in your own little world.
But, I'm done with you and your derailing of a thread to promote your agenda, which is to allow people to come here and break our laws.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by guohua]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I have to show a license to prove i have a right to drive. Why shouldnt you have to show papers proving you have a right to be here IF you are stopped for another crime?

Just try being an illegal immigrant in Mexico, it's a felony there, and even if you ARE their legally, but you aren't, shall we say, "helping their economy", (okay, now how many illegals use our "resources", welfare, health care, unemployment), if you are physically or mentally handicapped, or if you cannot support yourself.

Mexico's illegals laws tougher than Arizona's

Mexican President Felipe Calderon denounced as "racial discrimination" an Arizona law giving state and local police the authority to arrest suspected illegal immigrants and vowed to use all means at his disposal to defend Mexican nationals against a law he called a "violation of human rights."

HUH, does he, so what about HIS countries immigration laws, ...

Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals.

The law also says Mexico can deport foreigners who are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," violate Mexican law, are not "physically or mentally healthy" or lack the "necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents.

Try getting a drivers license in Mexico if you are living there illegally.

Actually, I wouldn't recommend it.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You only prove the point when you make a stupid statement like "There is a difference.... the people breaking laws that live here, live here" do you really think that is close to a smart comment? or forget it that was really a rhetorical question anyway.

anyway its a issue that will not be resolved with that kind of logic, and as some have pointed out its NOT A LAW, but an administration issue because if you tossed the 3-4K at the issue then it would be ok, because you have a paper process started, I guess its a matter of money then.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by svpwizard]

[edit on 15-8-2010 by svpwizard]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by signoregregorio

I don't break the law and if I get a traffic ticket (which I haven't in 33 years)
I'd pay it.
You need to read the article from AP Enterprise: More immigrants getting licenses, not just look at the www.michaelsavage.com part and get all Liberal on every one.

I hate Illegals, I really do, and that is Illegals of every race.
Go ahead and get all Liberal and call me names, i don't care.
But, you need to know much more about me, before you start that name calling.
I hate the thought of Open Borders, Sanctuary Cities and Sanctuary States and Employers that hire Illegals.
You don't like it and have nothing constructive to say, except Michael Savage is a Hate Monger, then go back to your Liberal News Stations and Your Illegal lawn Maintenance Crew and tell them how much you support them, so they can go home and laugh about the Liberals.

I'm not a liberal, i'm an anarchist and a free thinker.

YOU HATE THE IDEA OF OPEN BORDERS?

EX-EFFIN-CUSE ME?

Would your prefer living in a prison, where everyone bought and sold your freedoms to the upper echelons of society? What kind of future do you see for Earth? One where nation states remain divided, or a world united? I think you're a war monger just like the rest who love closed borders so much.

All humans have the right to freedom, not just those who were born in the US. And don't lay some BS rhetoric at me and claim to be righteous, because the bottom line is you're playing right into the imperial agenda. I got nothing for ya, enjoy your stay in "Prison".

[edit on 15-8-2010 by signoregregorio]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by guohua

Wow u speak of illegal immigrants as if ALL of them just come here to break our laws and laugh at us... The majority come here to work and make a better life for themselfs just as your forefathers did

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Reply to post by guohua

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join