It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals flock to sanctuary states that give them driver's licenses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Illegals flock to sanctuary states that give them driver's licenses

www.michaelsavage.wnd.com

BURIEN, Wash. (AP) — Carlos Hernandez packed up his family and left Arizona after the state passed its sweeping immigration crackdown. The illegal immigrant's new home outside Seattle offered something Arizona could not: a driver's license.

Three states — Washington, New Mexico and Utah — allow illegal immigrants to get licenses because their laws do not require proof of citizenship or legal residency. An Associated Press analysis found that those states have seen a surge in immigrants seeking IDs in recent months, a trend experts attribute to crackdowns on illegal immigration in Ar
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
h osted2.ap.org

[edit on 15-8-2010 by guohua]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sanctuary States like, Washington, New Mexico and Utah are having an influx of Illegals. I wonder how this is going to effect their job market and Welfare system in those states.

Are there plenty of jobs in, Washington, New Mexico and Utah?
I would have to assume you all have jobs that your locals aren't welling to do? Fast food, Lawn maintenance, House keeping janitorial or do you have crops that need picking?

Everyone that wants to work in your States are working, to include your teenagers, they have summer jobs? Nooooo?
Then why do you allow your State Governments to break the law?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'd rather have a illegals getting drivers licenses than have a bunch of them without them...hey at least with a license we know that they can actually drive and will not pose a threat to other drivers.

Same with the Dream act, I'd rather have a bunch of undocumented immigrants seeking a college education than a bunch of unskilled tomato pickers.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Everyone that wants to work in your States are working, to include your teenagers, they have summer jobs? Nooooo?
Then why do you allow your State Governments to break the law?

I'm from Arizona. Michael Savage is a hate monger. Listen I'm serious about this and you have to read it otherwise you're going to sound dumb.

Yes they are breaking the law. But to hell with the law! The law is not made to protect so much as it is to enforce, the system it represents is corrupt, just read some of the threads here, on the net, or open a book or open your eyes. So if you advocate law obedience in one case, you must then maintain that resolve for all laws otherwise you are not a reliable arguer of the debate, rather you are a self motivated interest, whether or not you are aware of the fact does not change it from being so.

"bottom line" is this: If you want to make a case about immigrants breaking the law you too must be responsible for those of which laws you have broken. Curfews, ordinances, traffic laws, etc. And if you can't do that then you have no business telling other people to do it either.

People who have in their interest to emphasis the fact the law is being broken seldom practice what they preach, from what I've seen this is just a facade used to mask racism and bigotry, bottom line it's a means to perpetrate ignorance upon their peers without seeming like a racist.

If what you say is true, they're leaving our state. So let that be that, but following them, is that really a bright and peaceful idea? I think it's hate, and listening to spin-doctors like Michael Savage only throws fuel onto that fire. A fire that needs water, not fuel.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by signoregregorio]

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by signoregregorio

There is a difference.... the people breaking laws that live here, live here
illegal immigrants do not

What happens to illegal immigrants in Mexico...
Oh wait, I know..
"You got jail Bub"
so your arguement is a fail.

and who comes to another country illegally and berates the people that live there for enforcing their laws...?
that is as rude as it gets
don't ever come to my house buddy.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by signoregregorio

I don't break the law and if I get a traffic ticket (which I haven't in 33 years)
I'd pay it.
You need to read the article from AP Enterprise: More immigrants getting licenses, not just look at the www.michaelsavage.com part and get all Liberal on every one.

I hate Illegals, I really do, and that is Illegals of every race.
Go ahead and get all Liberal and call me names, i don't care.
But, you need to know much more about me, before you start that name calling.
I hate the thought of Open Borders, Sanctuary Cities and Sanctuary States and Employers that hire Illegals.
You don't like it and have nothing constructive to say, except Michael Savage is a Hate Monger, then go back to your Liberal News Stations and Your Illegal lawn Maintenance Crew and tell them how much you support them, so they can go home and laugh about the Liberals.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

What I find hilarious is that legal immigrants take a dim view of illegals giving them a bad name.
Obviously illegal immigrants hate the locals, which makes it even more difficult to take.
"We have the right to take what legally belongs to you?"
WTF is that?
oh yeah ..A crime...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This should change when the REAL-ID goes into effect, I believe it has differnt name now.
The whole ideal of the REAL-ID was shelved for a while because the States would not get on board with the Feds, because the burden was being put on the States to do this, then just supply the Feds with all the info.
WE will get real-id, the chip is coming, as soon as they can get past the Hackers, Long live the Hackers.
Speed swip your arse

Now the laws have changed since 9/11 and you are suppose to get in big trouble for false ID, now these illegals must be breaking the law on those grounds alone or at least most of them.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I live in a little town in eastern Washington and i been seeing them more and more lately, the only problem for them is that all the jobs here are taken so they leave, then i see a whole new bunch show up and again, no jobs for them, heck, my 20 year old daughter can't even find a job here, but she keeps trying..as far as giving them a drivers license, that really sucks..I used to live in Las Vegas and i know for a fact most of them can't read our street and safety signs..scary huh...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Sorry to disappoint. I was a legal immigrant (naturalized now). They didn't, nor do they, give legal immigrants a bad name. Since the two groups have nothing in common beyond being born outside of the USA.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Danbones, You're RIGHT, I know many LEGALS and they hate the sigma that comes with the illegals making demands of us and not even trying to obey our laws or learn our language.
They want it all and they want it for FREE, they don't want to change their way of life for you or me, they truly believe we need to adapt and change for them.

If I was the CEO of a Company, the first thing I would change, You call our place of business, English Only, None of this SH$T, press two for Spanish.

But you noticed the first poster was a supporter of Sanctuary States and Cities and this person was suppose to reside in Arizona and is for Illegals and accusing me of breaking the law and not taking responsibility for it.
I'd have to think this person was an Illegal or part of La Raza.

What Say You?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

baddmove, I know what you're talking about, my daughter is a 20 yr old (our last child at home, the youngest a surprise)
U. of A. student that would like a part time job.
Not going to happen, it would seem the whole family works all three shifts at the fast food places here in my area.

Yes, My daughter speaks Mandarin Chinese and could go back to work at one of the Chinese restaurants, but they are 12 hours shifts and very little pay and tips. In - Out Burger and other places start at $10.00 an hour and only 8 hour shifts she was also going to try night janitorial work, but you need to be fluent
in Spanish.
Illegals of all race's live in Arizona. Why does only one race have to cause so much trouble?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I find it amazing. Washington is far more intelligent about the law than Arizona.

Which is quite ironic seeing as Arizona's constitution was nearly modeled exactly after Washington's constitution.

Originally posted by Danbones
There is a difference.... the people breaking laws that live here, live here

WHAT!? Worst excuse ever!

[edit on 15-8-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Oklahoma City is a MASSIVE sanctuary city.

They even put "La Raza" on their buildings and no one does anything.

Once things go sideways the sheep might wake up, but for now
it is out in the open and no one is doing anything about it.

They blow hot air at the capitol by there is ZERO enforcement
or token small scale enforcement.

The flea market here at 10th and Penn is mostly illegals and
they do SQUAT about it.

It is why a LOT of ppl have moved out of the OKC metro.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
This should change when the REAL-ID goes into effect, I believe it has differnt name now.
The whole ideal of the REAL-ID was shelved for a while because the States would not get on board with the Feds, because the burden was being put on the States to do this, then just supply the Feds with all the info.
WE will get real-id, the chip is coming, as soon as they can get past the Hackers, Long live the Hackers.
Speed swip your arse

Now the laws have changed since 9/11 and you are suppose to get in big trouble for false ID, now these illegals must be breaking the law on those grounds alone or at least most of them.

They may use illegals as a false flag for PASS-ID but amnesty is coming.

en.wikipedia.org...

It happened before and it will happen again, and it will just send
the message to come on over we do not enforce our laws.

The PASS-ID act will be fought again by most states because
awareness among the religious community is strong on this one.

They look at things like the RFID chip as "the mark".

In that regard I am glad they are there.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Ex_MislTech, You're Right.
We are not enforcing our Laws and they know that Obama will give them Amnesty and go against our Constitution and give them the right to vote.

Which they will vote for the Democrat, What they don't understand is this: The Democrats are only looking to create another Race of Welfare Recipients dependent on the Democrats in power for their handouts.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Ignorant.

Being here illegally is not a crime, nor is it unlawful.

"illegal alien" really only exists through the Alien and Sedition acts which were so vile they were repealed. However they left the concept of bigoted nationalism and fear mongering instilled within our culture.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua
Hmm, if they're going to Washington State it's probable they might be looking for work in Canada too... I'm not sure what our job market is like here but it's more healthy than the US, but by how much I'm not sure.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Erm...is this new?

Hasn't this been going on for years? Just time to talk about it again?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
reply to post by guohua

Ignorant.

Being here illegally is not a crime, nor is it unlawful.

"illegal alien" really only exists through the Alien and Sedition acts which were so vile they were repealed. However they left the concept of bigoted nationalism and fear mongering instilled within our culture.

I really hope you're not coming to my thread and calling me Ignorant.
I spent more than 35 years of my life as a F. L. E. O. and i know the Law.

Try: 8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien

Don't come here and try and derail a thread with La Raza BULL SH$T.

It's Illegal to be in American with out the proper documentation, I don't care what you think. (a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection;
misrepresentation and concealment of facts
Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States
at any time or place other than as designated by immigration
officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration
officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United
States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the
willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first
commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or
imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent
commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or
imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.
(b) Improper time or place; civil penalties
Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to
enter) the United States at a time or place other than as
designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil
penalty of -
(1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or
attempted entry); or
(2) twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of
an alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under
this subsection.
Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not
in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be