It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; 144,000

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TTU77
The verse on which the "rapture" theory is based is really about the final return of Christ. It's evident enough from the context. Then comes "So shall we be with the Lord for ever more". The idea of a rapture followed by othe events in this existence is a new teaching not justified by the sense of scripture.
I'm afraid that modern popular Christianity has developed an "itching ear", predicted by Paul, for new exciting ideas, and the "rapture" teaching is one of the results.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: TTU77
The verse on which the "rapture" theory is based is really about the final return of Christ. It's evident enough from the context. Then comes "So shall we be with the Lord for ever more". The idea of a rapture followed by othe events in this existence is a new teaching not justified by the sense of scripture.
I'm afraid that modern popular Christianity has developed an "itching ear", predicted by Paul, for new exciting ideas, and the "rapture" teaching is one of the results.

Indeed, the word "rapture" was never used in the bible, but the definition of rapture, the event the "rapture" as a word is being used to describe it, seems to be valid in various places in the bible, if memory serves, even in the OT (I'd assume in the psalms somewhere or possibly daniel?). My question for you is what makes you so sure?

If you'd ask me the same question, I'd honestly hestiate to say why. It's mostly the evidence overall, in my studies seem to point weighing in favor of a rapture at some point, however, there are certainly some anomolous, assuming there is one, where to place it on the timeline of the seven year period, pre, mid, post, etc.

I do want to echo an interesting theory a pastor named Paul Breaker said, using the scripture "rightly dividing the word of truth" found in Timothy to form his argument, for a number of things, one being a pretribulation rapture of the churst, taking out the body of Christ. Once that happens, now God's eye turns back to His people Israel, and the entire tribulation period is reserved for the Jews. The gentiles only escape is to refuse the mark of the beast and be killed, or survive long enough until it's over. The 144,000 if I remember correctly, are either a real remaining remnant that will be saved, or perhaps some other theory I can't recall. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

If anyone wants to follow up on this theory, search Robert Breaker, rapture videos on youtube and it should pop up.

I'm intentionally refraining from videos, or else I'd go try to find it.

<< 11  12  13   >>

join