It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else looking forward to the coming chaos?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It might just be I'm a megalomaniac or something but I see the the up coming crisis as a way to gain power, respect, material things, etc..Creating a community, organizing an army, just generally adapting to the upcoming situation and in the chaos managing to climb to the top of the hierarchy. Can anybody remotely relate? Sure its going to be hard and many people will die, but think about the adventure,excitement, twist and turns the future holds..I actually wish it would hurry up already.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Am I looking forward to the pain and suffering of my fellow humans...NO!
Do I believe that this is the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ? I don't know. I do know the HE preached that only HIS Father knows the time, and that the examples that He laid out seem to be coming to fruition.
There seems to be an overwhelming amount of evidence pointing towards this, and only the blind (evil people, the rams or whatever you want to call them) will not believe it nor understand it.
Am I calling these unbelievers evil? No, G_D is.
Therefore, come Lord G_D Jesus Christ!
Have I made preparations if this isn't the second coming? Absolutely! So has the American Gobermnt! If you haven't stocked up on freeze dried food, weapons, seeds, as well as an area to repopulate that is protected by natural structures, it may already be too late.
The Navy is directing it's retired officers towards the Black Hills (elevation greater than 800 feet). The CIA relocated away from D.C. towards Denver (another story). The No Such Agency has moved also towards Denver (comprised mostly of Naval personal). I too have viewed areas that are similar as well. Best of luck.
Violatar1 out.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

I think "Butters" in a SouthPark episode exploited this idea, his name was Professor Chaos; however, he is actually on the good side and never quite got the legions or armies you speak of.

The Power of Butter's will anoint you on your journey and conquest! He also had a sidekick named General Disarray!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
reply to post by ATLien

I think "Butters" in a SouthPark episode exploited this idea, his name was Professor Chaos; however, he is actually on the good side and never quite got the legions or armies you speak of.
The Power of Butter's will anoint you on your journey and conquest! He also had a sidekick named General Disarray!

How old are you?
I'm not being critical but, you watch too many cartoons.
Me, I read too many conspiracy columns.

And use emoticons as well

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

What upcoming crisis ?

Next: why not start trying to climb to the top of the pile now ?

He who waits is lost, right ?

I mean, I'd hate to return to ATS in 2045 and find you bemoaning the fact the crisis you'd anticipated hadn't eventuated and your legs were now too old and weak for climbing

Don't hang about -- move -- now -- start climbing

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've read a few books on the collapse of civilization, like from an EMP attack or a economic meltdown. I don't look forward to either scenario, but I do know that something is on the horizon. It's just a feeling, I'm not predicting anything. But it feels very bad. And I believe the Lord has a big role for me to play. He has been directing my path for my whole life, and recently has been pushing me in directions I never anticipated. Only time will tell.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

I definitely know how you feel...but lately I don't think it would be exiting as I always thought...sure, it could be fun for a few days or weeks, but soon enough I would be wishing things could just go back to normal...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't think chaos will break out and I certainly don't think that a break down of the social order will prevail. The government and PTB are taking extraordinary measures to ensure that they can keep control over us. If there is a collapse of the economy or something to that affect, the iron fist will already be upon us and it will then be too late to do anything, as we ourselves have not only allowed it to happen, but we basically asked for it... No, we begged for it. The total collapse of this corrupt system won't come about as most of us imagine and hope for.

I think anyone who realizes just how corrupt, tyrannical and oppressive this system is, looks forward to the day that it comes crashing down. Sure, our lives might become uncomfortabe and life will get real tough, real fast but it will give us an oppurtunity to secure liberty and freedom for the generations that come after us.

It's called selfless service and our generation is one of the few who cares not about our future descendants. We would rather make our own lives comfortable and to hell with our children or theirs and that my friend, is called greed.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
after you go hungry a while and live in constant fear, you'll whistle a different tune.
let a few rounds head your way and see how much like a movie it is..
get sick or hurt and huddle in the dark cold alone with no hope of rescue.
watch everyone around you suffer and die off because you werent able to help them.
read "the road" - step into the grown-up world ,which is extremely unforgiving.
your avatar is a cartoon character.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Man tht is priceless buddy,hahaha im with you!!! I always say i cant wait for 2012 to come when im bored to my girl friend!!!
she does say why and i reply so we can take the food wholesalers and college beside it [it has good look outs for snipers] haha the # i think of!
but we do have a plan just incase

[edit on 15/8/2010 by johnny c]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

So your looking forward to personal gain? Sounds like the same motivations as the current regime. I'm looking forward to a new paradigm of freedom, cooperation and equality for all. We will recognize our planet for what it truely is, a sentient life form worthy of all of our love and respect.
Under your plan we'll just replace one despot for another. No thanks. Unfortunately, I feel that there will be a culling of the egocentric...they will just disapear into the back woods if you read me. I am not advocating violence, but...mean people suck and people are sick of it. IMHO change your perspective.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
To the OP- how old are you, 14?? I can't even believe this is a serious post. "Adventure" and "excitement"?? I agree with the other poster who suggested reading "The Road" or watching the movie.
Yeah it's going to be a real ball of laughs watching everyone you know struggling not to die from starvation or lack of medical attention or whatever else....sheesh.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I understand that reality does not fit your keyboard commando "end of days" scenario but I'll just be blunt.

More than likely you will be killed within the first 2 months.

If your not dead, you will wish you had been.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by bismarcksea]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Navy and CIA personnel moving to an altitude >800 ft.? Oh man you need to do a thread on that! PLEASE!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Sure its going to be hard and many people will die, but think about the adventure,excitement, twist and turns the future holds..I actually wish it would hurry up already.

I have been feeling the same . Something needs to hit a fan and I'm all stocked up on my yummy Chaos SHTF food !

[edit on 15-8-2010 by wiredamerican]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

fair play Klaatumagnum spot on!

glad there's somebody awake in here.

... but yeah.. what an adventure, what an experience.

if only people could let go of religion, its what the elite gaves us, its what they built their prison around..

of course bible prophecy will come true. the same bloodlines that put it all together are the same ones in power now!

and people still go along with it... now thats scary!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
An overwhelming aspect of most people's life today, at least those who have a roof over their head, and food on the table, is crushing boredom!

Or maybe its just me. I kinda feel the same way as the OP, and I'm not a kid -- far from it.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I would like a more balanced, sane society rather than an utterly chaotic one or the model we currently have.

It may be possible because I'm not expecting a single huge SHTF scenario, but rather a "slow grind downwards," perhaps punctuated by several horrific events. That doesn't sound very nice, and ultimately it isn't. I wish pain on nobody (myself included). But if the change comes in the right way, it provides an opporunity for humans to really re-orient themselves and their priorities.

What I would like to see, ultimately, is a move away from a world that chases growth for growth's sake to one that seeks durability as an ideal. There is a medical word for unchecked growth-- cancer. It is not a healthy state, and it is the state society is in now. Durability, on the other hand, is more like health maintainance.

Several things have to happen. People have to focus more on *doing* rather than *owning.* There needs to be a downsizing in people's expectations of both outer appearance and raw material acquisition. People will have to derive their self-worth not from what they own, but from what they *do* -- skills, experiences, learning, love of family and community, committment to a craft, and so on. A return to outer humility and inner strength.

There will be plenty of bumps along the way, but I believe its still possible for individuals to achieve this ideal in their lives if they start living smart now. (or preferably before now). It is not an all-or-nothing choice between A) endless credit-card shopping binges and marble countertops for all and B) groveling before Lord Humongus as he grants you safe passage through the Wastelands.

What we are more likely to see is a grungier, grimier, more broken-down world. A world of service interurruptions, duct-taped pipes, skill bartering, and do-it-yourselfism. A retrenchment to traditional values, family, community, and inner life. This need not bring out the worst in people -- in fact, it has the potential to bring out the best.

[edit on 8/15/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien
It might just be I'm a megalomaniac or something but I see the the up coming crisis as a way to gain power, respect, material things, etc..Creating a community, organizing an army, just generally adapting to the upcoming situation and in the chaos managing to climb to the top of the hierarchy.

Wow, are you for real? I'm guessing you are very young.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
You're nutso my friend. I'd be petrified, it would be my hell. I've a child with a condition that requires daily meds in order for him to live. I've run this through my head a few times and it makes me physically ill. My nightmares manifesting. I can even put pills aside every month 'just in case' bcuz the pharmacy wont fill his Rx before the due date. Wow, just wow. I live and breathe for that boy.... A lot of us have loved ones that would suffer tremendously. I'll take my ho-hum, boring life with my kids, thank you very much.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join