It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan's "New Oil Discovery" Could Increase Its Reserves By Tenfold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Afghanistan's "New Oil Discovery" Could Increase Its Reserves By Tenfold

www.businessinsider.com

Afghanistan's Mining Ministry has announced the discovery of a huge new oil field, one that could be ten times the size of the nation's 150 million barrels of previously known reserves.

Suffice to say that America might have yet another reason to hang around.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The real reason for this war has finally opened up to the public. With recent "peak oil" predictions, and how it's known that the last man standing with the most oil will control the rest, it is all finally making sense now. Ofcoarse, most ATS members have known this for a long time, but 9/11 was most likely staged so the US Government could invade a large oil field like Afghanistan, Iraq, and most likely Iran. Plus, it could fund more secret military attacks with all the extra unaccounted money made with the drug trade in Afghanistan (Iran Contra).

They knew that country had a large oil reserve, and all they needed was an excuse to take it over.

www.businessinsider.com

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
And don’t forget the “recent” 1 trillion dollar discovery of precious metals (using 1970’s, Soviet collected, data)
www.wealthdaily.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

Sadly US national debt is around 13.26 trillion.
en.wikipedia.org...

And the total (allied) costs of Iraq and Afghanistan is around 3 trillion
www.timesonline.co.uk...

However when you take into account, other benefits like the Afghanistan Caspian Sea Pipeline
en.wikipedia.org...

The fact Afghanistan could be a major source of commercial Opium for our healthcare needs, as well as providing an ideal climate for many rare herbs.

The fact it is very rich in marble, and other construction materials

And the fact that whatever oil-minerals Afghanistan is known to have, is probably only a tiny fraction of what the nation actually posses (given it’s too dangerous to send geologists from (any country), in many Afghan parts). Then one can see, how even now the Afghan war could pay for itself (if it “remained” friendly to Western investment).

Sadly Afghanistan won’t remain friendly to Western investment, the war was one thing, but we’ve been Occupying it about 8-9 years too long, to have any more respect than hatred.
So the countries that will most benefit from extracting its mineral wealth instead is China (as by far the biggest customer) and all Islamic countries, worldwide, 2nd.
The countries that will have the benefit of Afghanistan’s wealth is Iran-Pakistan first, and Afghanistan second, and other Islamic countries third.

The only thing the Afghanistan has succeeded in doing is providing a vague excuse for over inflated U.S defence spending, and war economy (rather than real economy) development. I think we’ll be forced to realise that Afghanistan’s wealth is something to be used against us, rather than for-with us.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Between the oil and the minerals, it's no wonder we are clutching at Afghanistan with our last breathe and last dollar.

I guess anti-war principles are easily sold Mr. President.

[edit on 15/8/2010 by kosmicjack]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
whoa there- whose reserves did you say was going to increase ten fold?
you obviously have not caught on to the way things are done.
royal dutch shell, exxon, bp, halliburton..all those pigs will be at the trough.
and the peoples of afghanistan will join the ranks of misery as in iraq.
Then on and on and onward to Iran! FREEDOM IS ON THE MARCH!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well isn't that great. Looks we will be there militarily for a lot of years. Of course when the oil runs out we will no longer see the "need".

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

So, BP and China National Petroleum Corp. are not the firms developing the bulk of the Iraqi fields? And then there's that pesky French Total SA oil company coming in a close third...you know, the one involved with Maurice Strong and the UN Oil-for-Food scandal of mega proportions.

Yes. We have caught on to the way things are done. Have you?

[edit on 16-8-2010 by JauntyFlannigan]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Who cares? I dont. Im glad we are there then. I was against a MEANINGLESS war. Now that i know we are there to make my country on top of the world...i dont care any more.

Now that i know what we are there for and the dangers of peak oil...i say go for it. If it will put us on top at the end....screw the rest of the world and what it thinks. They hate us anyway no matter WHAT we do. So screw em. When other countries are collapsing because of peak oil we will still be fully functional and reign supreme.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Nofoolishness]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

The real reason for this war has finally opened up to the public. With recent "peak oil" predictions, and how it's known that the last man standing with the most oil will control the rest, it is all finally making sense now. Ofcoarse, most ATS members have known this for a long time, but 9/11 was most likely staged so the US Government could invade a large oil field like Afghanistan, Iraq, and most likely Iran. Plus, it could fund more secret military attacks with all the extra unaccounted money made with the drug trade in Afghanistan (Iran Contra).

They knew that country had a large oil reserve, and all they needed was an excuse to take it over.

www.businessinsider.com

Well said.

Everything is very clear now. US invaded Iraq and Afghanistan despite all the trillions of dollars and protests. No doubt they have ground penetrating technology. It's all about oil, oil and oil again.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

Wouldn't it be great if we could all go through life ignoring facts. Ah, well I guess most people do...

When it comes to natural resources, China is already a global player. Speed and volume of acquisitions are impressive. In April 2009, for example, the Chinese spent $3.3 billion for a joint venture in oil in Kazakhstan. That gave Beijing control over a quarter of the oil production in Kazakhstan. China was particularly successful in the Middle East. After the American invasion of Iraq, China managed to secure most new oil fields — more than twice of what the Americans did. In Iran, too, China is playing a major role.

source

Yep, that "invasion of Iraq for oil" sure worked out in America's favor.

BP, China National Petroleum Corporation finalise agreement on Iraq's Rumaila oil field

new topics

top topics

join