It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clouds Can Communicate, Scientists Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Clouds Can Communicate, Scientists Say

www.foxnews.com

A new study has found that clouds "communicate" with each other, much like chirping crickets or flashing fireflies on a summer night. The surprising findings, published online in the journal Nature, may have significant implications for our understanding of the Earth's climate.

So the next time you find yourself laying on your back picking out shapes among the clouds, mull on this one: Are they talking among themselves about you?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Maybe I am just not getting it, but I really thought communication was defined a bit differently. However, I thought this was interesting - especially on a main stream news site. The article even covers reproductive process for clouds. Um... strange stuff. I am really not sure how to absorb all of this - it seems... whacked.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is pretty stupid. Some "scientist" is really trying to throw their weight around alleging that what clouds do constitutes communication. I read the article, and on the standard of that scientist everything else, such as oceans, icebergs, or the earths crust communicates. This crap was probably government funded too just to make it worse.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

just another glaring example that calling yourself a "Scientist" doesn't mean crap these days....especially when you claim that formations of water vapor can talk to each other.

What's next? Pet Rocks recite Shakespeare?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

IE, Chemical communication. In the same way that soap bubbles or anything en mass does. in the same way that galaxies communicate.

This is a misleading article. It basically means that chemical reactions are occurring. Which is a big fat no duh.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
HaHa, believe it or not, but there's a thread on this already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Before this thread gets closed, I'ma respond to you. Uh, you're misinterpreting the word communication. Everything communicates with each other if we could pay attention. The clouds act in unison, so obviously theres some sort of communication, but I wouldn't say its verbal, but electrical, or chemical, or magnetically. No rocks will recite shakespeare, but it doesn't mean the rocks aren't communicating too.

Rocks

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
...He was looking at the sun though a telescope and noticed convection patterns...

Next thing is the sun is trying to communicate with us every 12 years. Well its still a pattern right ?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
We are talking about Fox news here folks.

Most of them at Fox believe in a faith that speaks of talking snakes and donkeys, and a world created in six days that is only several thousand years old.

They believe that a blue-eyed Jewish/Caucasian Man-god is going to fly through the clouds any moment now with white robed saints to fight everyone who doesn't whisper a three second, effortless Jesus acceptance prayer!!!

Therefore, it doesn't surprise me in the least that these Fox folks believe that clouds up are talking to each other.

Two words: Fox news.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainCloud
...He was looking at the sun though a telescope and noticed convection patterns...

Next thing is the sun is trying to communicate with us every 12 years. Well its still a pattern right ?

I thought scientists HAD found that the Eath and Sol 'communicate'. Our magnetosphere, the higher, weaker bands, may move between Sol's dynamo and our own.

Edit to try and add links and to re-state these findings as purely conjecture.

[url=www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread601367/pg1]

[url=www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread408108/pg1]

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Tempest333]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by TLomon

IE, Chemical communication. In the same way that soap bubbles or anything en mass does. in the same way that galaxies communicate.

This is a misleading article. It basically means that chemical reactions are occurring. Which is a big fat no duh.

then we have to wonder, how long and how much did they spend to try and figure out what you just said. i swear to god, some of these scientist claims are just so awesomely idiotic it makes me want to cut my own fingers off one by one.

"NASA scientist warn of sun flare (insert choice of doom word here)," and nothing ever freaking happens.

"scientist claim universe expansion is speeding up," stfu, they wouldn't know for a fact. this claim and none of that other claim where its obvious they are just speculating and claim fact at the first thought that makes sense to them, which is always false

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

No, the sun is having solar flares and the universe is expanding. But this always happens and it nothing to worry about. It's like worrying eveyr lightning strike will ignite the atmosphere. Absolute BS. But it is still happening, just nothing to worry about.

At the end of the day, everything dies. Even the photon. When the universe has expanded and all matter has decayed and all that is left is the last few photons decaying into space time itself, nothing will be left. Even dark energy, the stuff expanding the universe, will decay. And then the universe will stop expanding, contract, and die. Then a new big bang. An endless cycle.

best to not worry. Probably somebody made it that way and to concern yourself is to be folly.

new topics

top topics

join