It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does ATS hate muslims?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Dude.. ATS is basically a cesspool of people with extreme and radical opinions from every facet of society.
This thread shows you can't look at it objectively.

There's christians that hate muslims.
There's white people that hate jews.
There's white people that hate themselves.
There's black people that hate white people or jews.
There's white people that hate mexicans and blacks.
There's mexicans that hate white people.
There's americans that hate muslims.
There's europeans that hate americans.
There's europeans that hate muslims.
There's muslims that hate westerners.
There's new agers who hate science.
There's skeptics who hate new agers.

You see where I'm going with this?

There's also a LOT of people that don't play that *#%@!

Ultimately I think we're all one so I try to not get caught up with all the hate.

Huh.. just noticed Muzzleflash already beat me to it. Ah well, can't hurt saying it again.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It’s really sad that this thread has turned into a who hate’s who thread, without answering the OPs question.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Dude, and if you wanna see some real hate, have a look at the threads on gay issues!

However, considering Islam, a lot of people would wonder, if they took over our societies, would we still have an ATS?

How liberal can one be towards something that is not liberal at all?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
It’s really sad that this thread has turned into a who hate’s who thread, without answering the OPs question.

It's impossible for me to answer the OP's question because I have never seen any ''hate'' against Muslims or any other group on ATS.

The whole premise of the thread is shoddy and poorly conceived.

''ATS'' - since when have thousands of members of ATS converged to form a unified viewpoint on any given issue ?

This thread may be less feeble, if we just get an explicit example of ''hate'' towards Muslims or any other group, on ATS.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

If you have never noticed this on ATS then you really need to open your eyes

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't hate Muslims.

But I do have a dislike of Islam, it's dictates and those that use them to exploit and manipulate people.

A big difference.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

My eyes are open, mate.

I'm just waiting for someone to show me an example of this so-called ''hate'' against Muslims, or any other group.

I've asked a couple of times now, and I still haven't got any replies, which I think is quite telling.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I am a member of ATS and I DON'T hate muslims. *gasp*

Personally I don't appreciate being lumped in with those who, in ignorance, DO hate Muslims. Or any race not theirs, or any religion not theirs.

Just because there are some fools on this site that are bigoted that way, it doesn't mean the entire ATS population feels that way.

It may seem like it sometimes because it often appears that those that are filled with hate also can't keep quiet about the fact. They may post more often than the rest of us.

So count me out of your little census of ATS Muslim haters, because I am not one.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
OK, we're getting nobody on ATS saying that they ''hate'' Muslims.
We are getting no proof or examples of ''hatred'' against Muslims on ATS.

Should this thread be consigned to the [HOAX!] bin ?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
Why do you hate opinionated people..?

I was born and raised as Muslim and I believe that people should voice their opinion about any subjects they wish, no matter where or what.

Opinion… put it in your head weather you like it or not.!

Well, god bless you, and that's the kind of attitude we need to open the lines of communication.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Some causes for concern:
The US State Department's country report on Practices in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia:
- testimony of a man equals that of 2 Women
- no statistics on spousal abuse (allegedly a common problem)
- women not admitted to hospital without the consent of a male relative
- no travel for women without males
- daughters receive half the inheritence of brothers
- men may take other wives, or even al-mesyar (day-time marriage) without inheritence rights, can divorce without cause

New York Times (17 may 2002)
- stoning to death of young woman who had reported being raped by her husband's brother. The judge defended his verdict as "Quranic":

The fact that the woman, Zafran Bibi, was raped, was of no consequence. The woman had accused her brother-in-law of raping her and this was a confession to a crime of "having intercourse outside of marriage". The New York Times noted this case fitted a "familiar pattern".

Gang Rape as Punishment: One example of many, Pakistan:

A male youth had been seen walking with a girl from another tribe. The local tribal council ruled this outrage had to be punished. Quoting Sharia law, the local council of elders decided to punish the boy by decreeing that his 18-year-old sister be gang raped.

Los Angeles Times, July 4, 2002.

- too much to quote, a 16-year-old Muslim girl having her throat slit by her own father in England for "being too westernized and having a non-Muslim boyfriend", women burnt in Afghanistan, and shocking: Saudi girls in a Mecca school driven back into a burning building because they weren't wearing their veils (Newsweek 22/07/02).

(Cases from press cited in Peter Hammond: "Slavery, Terrorism and Islam", pp. 86-87)

I suppose such continual stories could make one pretty much despise a certain system, even without references to widespread genital mutilation.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I can't answer for others, but

I'm pagan.
The Koran repeatedly says horrid things about us.

IE

"9:5, But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem."

I like my head on my body, pagan as it is. And I like my pagan children's heads on their shoulders too.

That's about it. Reason enough not to trust Muslims that are too tied to their oh so peaceful Koran.

I don't find it peaceful, ok?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by hadriana]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
1. ATS represents people from around the world.
2. Nobody in the world appreciates innocent people being blown to bits by extremists of any persuasion.
3. While some people do get blown to bits by the US, it's apparent to the clear thinking world that these casualties are not the target.
4. While everybody Islam blows to bits is innocent, it is apperant to the world that this is very much on purpose.

Wrap that in your turban and watch the skies...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
ATS does not hate Muslims. Certain members however may indeed. Stating that "ATS hates Muslims" implies that all the membership shares this view which is not in fact the case. I for one do not hate Muslims, but I do recognize that there exists an extremist Muslim sect (as with most major religions) that is dangerous in both their thinking and their actions.

One must not confuse the extremist minority with the Muslim majority. Doing so creates hate and breeds violence. Most followers of Islam do not condone the actions of the extremists.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Here's another one:

Seems I am UNCLEAN

"9:28, O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. "

I don't want anywhere NEAR your sacred Mosque. Don't worry.

Muslims have every right in the world to practice what they believe, but they don't have a right to infringe on my God Given right to life or equality which the US is sworn to uphold as SELF-EVIDENT.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Muslims have every right in the world to practice what they believe, but they don't have a right to infringe on my God Given right to life or equality which the US is sworn to uphold as SELF-EVIDENT.

Just out of curiosity, who said that God gave you any right?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Just out of curiosity, who said that God gave you any right?

LOL.

Threadjack attempt !

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
[This page, first post. Not hate?

Please point me to the bit of zappafan1's post that you think is hate filled.

I would appreciate it if you could point out the ''hate'' bit of the post, and explain to us why you consider it to be ''hate'' filled.

Cheers.

If it's not obvious to you, I will leave this. Maybe you view it as rage or insanity.

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

My eyes are open, mate.

I'm just waiting for someone to show me an example of this so-called ''hate'' against Muslims, or any other group.

I've asked a couple of times now, and I still haven't got any replies, which I think is quite telling.

Really?

[edit on 8/15/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by American_Soviets
If it weren't for muslim oil, most of you people would be nonexistent. .

actually, my mom and dad "ran out of gas" which led to me being concieved in the back seat of that car.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join