It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does ATS hate muslims?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
i can only speak personally on this.
but i hate(which is a bit strong)dislike any group or faction that tries to inflict their belief system onto me.

wether that be

political
religious
cultural

groups tha have agendas to decide how i live is UNACCEPTABLE

i dont need religion to tell me how to live a decent kind loving life
i don need polliticians telling me how to live a decent kind loving life
i dont need cultures telling me how to live a decent kind loving life

peace does not come through force....peace will only come through understanding.

to generalize that ATS as a mangaging agent to the posters on here is biased towards Muslims should be brought up with ATS.

As for posters i have posted myself on issues of god allah politics cultural divides.

now are all muslims extremists no
are all christians extremists no
are all politicians extremist no

I wont mention the jews(i feel they are very extremist)

but do i hate jews on a personal level..no

what i do know is....goverments and religions are the ones responsible for the wars on this planet(not True)

the ones responsible are the few Elite who control all the religions and goverments of the great planet.

and the the ones who have the power to stop this are the very ones they keep with theiir heads so far up their on religious and political asses (we the people)

so the longer people are willing to hide behind their own religious,political,and cutltural differences then woe be the world cause we are being led as sheep.

So to the OP....stop being a friggen sheep and learn to think for yourself.

if you believe in allah...thenknow that your god gave you a brain.

use your brain for the good of mankind instead of promoting a self fulfilling prophecy of death and destruction.

and that goes for all you silly silly silly people who try to enforce your political and religious doctrine on the true peace loving people of the world.

people from all races and cultures.

other than that have a great revolution in the name of your Gods...as i will be the one fighting for the human race.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
ATS appears to hate Muslims, Jews and Christians equally.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I think the so called "hate" you seen for Muslims is just as equal to the "hate" people have against others topics of discussion on ATS. IMO there is no difference. If you don't like a thread, ignore it.

Also this is a rant, shouldn't it be in BTS!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by American_Soviets

ATS does not hate Muslims - ATS is an open forum where everyone has their say.

People tend to see Muslims as terrorists. But I realize that most Muslims are not terrorists.

I am a follower of Christ - we get as much flak as Muslims.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
You are picking and choosing to fit your paradigm though.

There is just as much hate against Christianity.

There is just as much hate against the Upper Classes (Elite).

There is just as much hate for the Homeless Drunk Bums.

There is just as much hate for the Nazis.

There is just as much hate for the Democrats.

There is just as much hate for the Republicans.

I could go on all night.

Why are you cherry picking one group and upset about them?
Someone needs to open their eyes to reality on Earth me thinks....

Don't forget the jews. They get the most negative rhetoric, more then the Muslim community, and their the arch enemies of the Muslims...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It’s not ATS that hate Muslims it’s a significant proportion of the ATS membership that hate Muslim’s. To understand why these members really do hate Muslims you would have to go and ask them all individually and then if you wish to do so attempt to convince each one of them that they are wrong, I have gave up doing this.

I personally don’t in anyway hate Muslims or anyone who holds a set of religious believes, I only hate those who manipulate their religious beliefs to justify the preaching of hate and proliferation of violence in the name of religion. It saddens me that the word “terrorist” and “Muslim” have became the same in some people’s eyes much in the same way as IRA and Catholic have at times became the same in some darker parts of history. Such sweeping generalisations in my view only fuel the terrorist’s agenda and boost terrorist recruitment and are therefore ineffective and dangerous.

I think that people hate Muslims for different reasons, mostly this hate stems from being ignorant towards a religion they do not understand and this lack of understanding leads to fear. And in the words of Yoda, “fear is the path to the dark side”. Others, might hate Muslims not because they are themselves Muslim but because of what the label “Muslim” stands for. They may for example have a genuine theological grievance with the Qur’an because they are homosexual. Then there are those who hate Muslims because they cannot see that the evil acts of terrorism although carried out in the name of religion were not carried out with the explicit blessing of the majority of the followers of that religion, it’s leaders or even its holly book.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

You are picking and choosing to fit your paradigm though.

There is just as much hate against Christianity.

There is just as much hate against the Upper Classes (Elite).

There is just as much hate for the Homeless Drunk Bums.

There is just as much hate for the Nazis.

There is just as much hate for the Democrats.

There is just as much hate for the Republicans.

I could go on all night.

Dont forget there is just as much hate for Rednecks

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
ATS hates Muslims! Where would you get an idea like that?

Probably from threads such as this;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The OP in this thread clearly knows that the article in question is bull poop yet he still posted it because he wanted a 'balanced' debate on it's authenticity. Anyone who was not severely retarded would assume that the material was fake. At least he put it in skunk works.

As mentioned above there is plenty of antisemitism and alike too, I suppose the best thing is to just ignore it. However it is annoying when it is your own thread, and people come on bashing various groups.

It's like they see the buzz word in the thread title, don't read the OP and then wack down all their hatred. They do this over and over thread by thread.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
because of television programming and the the successful psy-ops
that has been crafted around creating a new bogeyman after our old one
went broke fighting in afghanistan?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It's media hype,I've met many people of Muslim faith and must say one of the nicest people I've met,yet to have met one who thinks if you die you get a thousands virgins,think that was some CIA think tank line

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Hey, wait a second! They hate black americans, too, ya know? Even without that "Sonia" (or was it "Sonja"?) user from Atlanta getting folks riled up, they still have their pre-judgements, pre-ferences, and complete lack or regard for black Americans.
Yeah, they may claim otherwise before they go into their racial rant typically, but seeing what I've seen and then reading folks on ATS making generalizations about black Americans when there are none.. it makes me question why I bother visiting the site. I question that frequently.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by American_Soviets
Why does ATS hate muslims so much? If it weren't for muslim oil, most of you people would be nonexistent. Just about every other thread on ATS makes fun of muslims ...

???? What?? And by the way its not "muslim oil" its just oil and when I pay for it it becomes mine at that moment.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by American_Soviets
From 911 to calling the president a muslim and everything in between,

1 Just to clarify.....how is it an insult to say that Obama is a Muslim ?

2 911......yeah, Muslims. ...and?

3 ATS "Hates" Muslims ? Did we have a vote on this or something?
I must have missed the U2U on that consensus. I'd say it's a pretty inaccurate statement.

Is it in the handbook? I need to read that again........

And on other matters...

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent

Dont forget there is just as much hate for Rednecks

I'm oppressed! I'm oppressed!

Edited due to an insatiable need for vitriolic sardonicism.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

GTFO trollboy

seriously fail troll is fail

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
How about we just sum it up in one sentence?

Everyone hates everyone, everything, everyplace, and evertime.

Its human nature and sadly it happenes.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

I am a follower of Christ - we get as much flak as Muslims.

Wait, it's still 200 A.D?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
It’s not ATS that hate Muslims it’s a significant proportion of the ATS membership that hate Muslim’s. To understand why these members really do hate Muslims you would have to go and ask them all individually and then if you wish to do so attempt to convince each one of them that they are wrong, I have gave up doing this.

Don't be so silly.

Define a ''significant proportion'' in percentage terms.

I have never seen an ATS member spew hate towards Muslims or any other group.

Simply because I'm not privy to whatever emotions a poster may or may not have when they post a comment.

Simple.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I have never seen an ATS member spew hate towards Muslims or any other group.

This page, first post. Not hate?

Note to Mods: If this is against TAC, please let me know and I will remove it.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
[This page, first post. Not hate?

Please point me to the bit of zappafan1's post that you think is hate filled.

I would appreciate it if you could point out the ''hate'' bit of the post, and explain to us why you consider it to be ''hate'' filled.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Here in Cape Town we have a very old, and generally very tolerant Muslim community. In fact, our Afrikaans language was first written in Arabic!

I do wish Peace on their Prophet, and well for them over the fast.

Now we have loads of Somalis and others taking over certain areas and "Islamizing" them. That is a huge culture-shock. People woken up at 4 am by Islamic prayers over loud-speakers, where it never existed.
However, that's more an issue of immigrants who happen to be Muslim.

Most of the debate is not against individual people, from what I read in my nominally Christian community it is rather abstract.

The point is Saudi Arabia sponsors loads of missionizing, mosques, Korans in Western countries, or countries with freedom of religion.
However, Christian countries may not do the same in Muslim countries.
So by their own acts Muslims make out Islam as a "cult", with no tolerance and no way out. Apostasy is punished in most Islamic countries.

Now when one religion is tolerant, and the other doesn't return this, that is usually seen as colonialism.

Of course one finds fundamentalists opposed to Islam.
Those people in our society were side-lined by liberals and much of liberal academia. Students support the Palestinian cause, for example.
However, as a gay student I'm no longer so sure I support it, when I hear of gay or lesbian Palestinians being excecuted/murdered.

And then we hear of unfair gender laws, and barbaric stoning of people to death in African countries from which people are fleeing, or the "Sharia law".
We have relatives working in Dubai and Saudi, and not everything we hear is good.
The idea that Islam can be liberal is fading fast.
In the 1990s I even considered converting, but now I feel uncomfortable with Islam.
I see nothing of the "tolerance" that liberal academis like Edward Said once praised. With The Peace of Umar I only see slavery in Europe's history.
While we were once told that Islamic/Jewish relations were great before 1948, I now see the Muhammed's assassinations of the Jewish poet K'b Bin Al Ashraf, Ibn Sunayna and Abu Rafi - as well as Muhammed's expulsion of the Jews from Saudi Arabia, and the subsequent genocide against the Banu Nadir tribe.
Instead of women's rights superior to those of the Christians, I now see oppressed Islamic women, with Muhammed's marriages having lasted 193 days each (only one lasting 20 years). And then never mind the plethora of women over the decades who were punished for being raped!
And yes, we hear of child-brides, honor-killings and on-going slavery.

We realize that not all Muslims stand for this.
However, unless they also agitate for change, the Western world will begin to close ranks.
How Muslims are treated or regarded also depends on how they behave and what messages they send out.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by halfoldman]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join