It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does ATS hate muslims?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Why does ATS hate muslims so much? If it weren't for muslim oil, most of you people would be nonexistent. Just about every other thread on ATS makes fun of muslims and I'd even dare say shows hatred towards them. From 911 to calling the president a muslim and everything in between, there's someone on ATS referencing it's the muslim's fault. I've noticed, however, when someone talks about jews and zionism, people are quick to use racism and antisemitism. All this makes one think this board has been infiltrated by a certain group.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
oh yeah, and in before someone calls me a brown muslim lover and tells me to go live in iraq.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by American_Soviets

Um there are plenty of other forums where there is rabid hatred of muslims but I've found ATS to be quite moderate in this department with many members reminding those with a bee in their bonnet that not all muslims are fundamentalist or radical,theres a bit here but its not endemic.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix

Um there are plenty of other forums where there is rabid hatred of muslims but I've found ATS to be quite moderate in this department with many members reminding those with a bee in their bonnet that not all muslims are fundamentalist or radical,theres a bit here but its not endemic.

Oh, I'm sure there are plenty of websites that overtly show hatred towards muslims. I'm just surprise that ATS, a supposedly more open, more educated crowd, would also join the two minutes' hate diatribe, and most of it is based on absurd little details that essentially have no relevance. For example, the thread on muslims celebrating on 911 means they're celebrating 911 (and the wtc attacks). If a newcomer were to come to this website, they'd see a lot of ridiculous and absurd threads such as this and get the wrong idea.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
You are picking and choosing to fit your paradigm though.

There is just as much hate against Christianity.

There is just as much hate against the Upper Classes (Elite).

There is just as much hate for the Homeless Drunk Bums.

There is just as much hate for the Nazis.

There is just as much hate for the Democrats.

There is just as much hate for the Republicans.

I could go on all night.

Why are you cherry picking one group and upset about them?
Someone needs to open their eyes to reality on Earth me thinks....

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I don't think people hate Muslims. People hate extremists Muslims that twist their religion and want to kill people.

But if any did perhaps it would have to do with their religious leaders writing books saying that sex with children and animals is o.k... and will get you to heaven.

The Ayatollah Khomeini’s Book: Sex with Children and Animals:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=9409724#pid9409724

[edit on 15-8-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

That is the problem with generalizations. True I have seen many ignorant people state very hateful and discriminating things about Muslims, however I believe there are just as many people saying ignorant and discriminating things about Christians, undocumented immigrants, minorities, believers in aliens, believers in conspiracies and a whole list of other topics. However at the same time I read a greater depth and multitude of replies to these religious, social and moral bigots. I am a lover of history; let me add just a few other things Muslims have shared to the world, besides oil. Muslims were one of the first to introduce literacy to Europeans during the times of the occupations of the Ottomans and Moors, by the building of countless universities. If it were not for seafaring Muslims who borrowed the compass, astrolabe, and mapmaking from the Chinese while passing it on to the Europeans, Columbus would of probably never bumped into the West Indies. And for that matter Muslims introduced the idea of cleanliness of bathing to Europeans, when most Europeans where still wiping off their defecation with leaves, while sleeping with their sisters.

I think what many people get confused with misidentifying all Muslims as radical terrorists; this mistake would be like comparing all Christians to the KKK or other white Christian hate groups.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by AmosGraber]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
''Why does ATS hate muslims?''

Speak for yourself, mate.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Don't judge the silent majority here for the words of a few rabid ignorant Muslim haters.

Most of us that are spiritually aware here, hold nothing at all against true Muslims.
After all, there is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD, (and I say that as a Christian).

Just be patient and tolerant my friend, and trust in Allah (God).
Your prayers WILL be answered.
The haters will destroy both themselves, and each other with their bitterness and evil. And very soon....

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
ATS is not a person. It cannot have one opinion on anything. Your entire argument is just plain wrong. Like muzzleflash said there is just as much hate/dislike for all sorts of other things. There is more hate for things that haven't even been proven to exist than muslims. Lighten up, jeez.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Meh. Another bs thread.

And so I will add a second line, ATS doesn't hate muslims. Some ATS members seem to hate muslims, though.

Edited to add: FAIL! Show us the "money".

[edit on 15-8-2010 by kyred]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Personally I don't hate Muslims nor do I think anyone on ATS does what I dislike about Muslims is there religion.

Like all religions it is about control and power over the masses it just so happens that theres is the most barbaric and backwards piece of religious thinking in the world.

I not a big fan of religion as a whole so I know none of them are perfect but when you bill a relgiion as one of peace that has so much hatered and death to all non belivers its easy to see why people dislike or hate it.

Islams biggest problem is that it is not allowed to change its one of the basic tennants so it can never go through an elightenment period until its allowed to change.

Islam today is like the witch burning, inquestion types of the early chrisitian church.

No doubt some Muslim apoligist or Muslim person will tell me "you got it wrong Islam is a religion of peace its just twisted by the extremists" My reponse is "Islam is an extremist religion for all followers because it CONTROLS every aspect of your life"

You don't have choice or even the allusion of free will and chioce in Islam its do or die.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
most people here are americans

that explains everything

sheeple

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Do not mistake a vocal minority mstly idiots) for the silent majority. I dislike all fundamnetalists. I have always pointed out that fundamentalist religion is wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I hate people who dont think before making such blatant inaccurate descriptions of a group as a whole.

Two.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
most people here are americans

that explains everything

sheeple

I'm not American.
Does the fact that I'm not an American citizen affect the ''explanation'' ?

Am I also a ''sheeple'' ?

As for the OP; ATS doesn't ''hate'' Muslims.
Well, most reasonable ATSers don't, anyway.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

On the money

The main problem seems to be everyone hating anyone who is outside of their particular little group...

We think we are so clever but we haven’t evolved much past caveman tribe “A” attacking caveman tribe “B” for having a bone through lip instead of nose.

Pathetic!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix

I'd have to agree with the post above.
I don't hate muslims and I'm NOT gonna
try to convert them to Christianity either.
If they want to be muslim, let them be muslim.
It's their choice.

It's the beast that wants to kill, mame and destroy
nations that I have a problem with and that includes
ALL religions, Christianity (my own) included.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by American_Soviets
If it weren't for muslim oil, most of you people would be nonexistent.

At this point in your rant, you made yourself sound like a bigot. ATS does NOT hate muslims.. redact the statement from the title.

b

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Why do you hate opinionated people..?

I was born and raised as Muslim and I believe that people should voice their opinion about any subjects they wish, no matter where or what.

Opinion… put it in your head weather you like it or not.!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join