It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama takes plunge, swims in Gulf

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

I don't think boondock-siant was saying it was safe to go swim there.
All he was doing was pointing out the sheltered area the Prez decided to hold his little propaganda piece, as being one of the safer areas given it's location.
It was probably researched and tested before the Prez even dipped a toe into the water.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
He should just keep swimming until he gets to Cuba.
There he can stay.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think Obama may have just created his own "Mission accomplished" moment.

He's waayyyyyy premature here.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
I think this is propagander. We all know that living creatures have been dying in the gulf due to contamination of the oil and corexit. I think the president isnt that stupid to put himself at risk. This is about making money and screw the health and safety and totally wrong. YOU get lots of swimmers in there and I bet you within a few weeks the hospitals are going to be overwhelmed.

People are swimming in there every day, man.

I'm not saying the water is 'fine', but people ARE swimming in it, and people are NOT 'overwhelming' the hospitals.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The only reason he has to pull a stunt like this is because MO and her minions are being so severely criticized for her "Spanish Vacation".
Here on ATS alone there were hundreds of critical posts about her bad timing and The number of poor folks who have had no vacation at all. And after this they are off to Martha's Vinyard for another two weeks !!!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
The only reason he has to pull a stunt like this is because MO and her minions are being so severely criticized for her "Spanish Vacation".
Here on ATS alone there were hundreds of critical posts about her bad timing and The number of poor folks who have had no vacation at all. And after this they are off to Martha's Vinyard for another two weeks !!!

Hundreds?

I'm sure the First Lady reads ATS every day, and made adjustments to her daily schedule because of that.

I rebuilt houses after Katrina. What have you done to help those you claim to care about?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Is this from the same people who thought flying airforce 1 at low altitude unannounced over Manhattan for a "photo op" was a good idea?

By the way the headline would be better if it read....

Obama swims as approval numbers plunge

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
By the way the headline would be better if it read....

Obama swims as approval numbers plunge

lol, more like

Obama swims in ocean of disapproval

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Obama swims in the Gulf?

Oh, the audacity of hope!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If Obama did swim in it, he deserves credit for promoting the devastated area, but scorn for being so cowardly to utilise “Soviet press tactics” (in order to limit publicity of this event, but therefore undermine its purpose).

Instead I bet the reason why the press team wasn’t invited is because if he did swim, a boat would have been deployed to pump warmed, mineral bottle, water into the sea around his course!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I think this is as fishy as the rest of it. One shot of him in the sea (somewhere), anyone got any video footage of this? It's like when the UK had the foot and mouth scare and one guy from the government made his daughter eat a burger or a steak just to prove a point. Brings back a flash of Jaws when the mayor won't close the beach down

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Yes there were 30 or more pages about MO on the thread titled "Anger Mounts Over Michelle Obama's 5 day Spanish Holiday!
I think she knew people were angry so she had to do something.

He was in a lagoon behind a barrier chain from the gulf
waters meaning he's protected. The calm waters
with no visual waves confirms the lagoon status. He could of been anywhere as they allowed no one else to see them.

And after this they are off to another 2 week vacation to
Martha's Vinyard!!!

I cannot do anything at all to help because like so many others I am unemployed. All I can do is Deny Ignorance. Thank God for ATS!

[edit on 1682010 by Starbug3MY]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I have one thing to say, well actually I have alot to say.
Don't # with the south. We are about ready to explode down here and I am so freakin sick if I die I'm taking one of those sob with me.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I wonder what some people who were already anti-Obama, pro drilling would be saying if he didn't swim in the Gulf?
What if he wore a wet suit and tanks? That would have caused quite a stir.

What parties slogan is drill baby drill again?
And Obama is... oh yeah, a Democrat and not even remotely responsible for oil soaked duck and contaminated shrimp.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Obama obviously didn't see this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join