It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profile Comments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I tried searching for topic but could not find any relevant and I apologize if this has been addressed. I avoid whenever possible to engage in conversation with someone that serves to derail a thread in anyway. Instead of posting a reply to someone, often I will comment on ones profile and let that member know I appreciate the discussion. Im just wondering, when I post on someone's profile are they alerted in someway? Or do they have to check their profile to even notice?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

A person gets a U2U anytime someone posts a comment on their profile.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thank you, I was wondering that. I left a comment to myself and figured I would only be alerted if someone else did that. I then posted comments on a few members and nothing back...so I wasn't sure if they knew about it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

There's no u2u from posting on your own profile. Like Schro says, posting on someone else's profile gets an instant u2u to them. It's cool as you can post vids and whatever on your profile.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The comments section could be used for all sorts of things.

You could use it to list a bunch of your favorite threads here or even as a bookmarks location for your favorite search parameters.

I was thinking of using it to store a bunch of things for ease of access.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

nice suggestion, I had actually asked for all the members to post a video of their favorite song at the moment, yet no one has done this

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

nice suggestion, I had actually asked for all the members to post a video of their favorite song at the moment, yet no one has done this

If you post a request/question on YOUR profile, the only way it will be answered is if people visit your profile. If you posted it to someone else's profile, maybe they have not checked their U2Us or just dont want to post anything to their profile.

Since you are interested in Music, I suggest visiting BTS Music forum where you will find many threads on favorite music, etc.

[edit on August 15th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

thanks for the suggestion, Leo. i will be sure to check out the bts music forum

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Fun Fact: Ghandi married once but then "abstained" from sex for life, still he says he needed to sleep naked with prepubescent children, some even family members, but only in order to stop his "night frights".

So kind sir, if you will please remove his image immediately.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

I'd recommend Ad Block Plus if you wish to not see that particular image whilst browsing here.

Just make sure you allow ATS for all the usual adverts as it's against the rules to block them.

Also a U2U or, ironically, a post in SD's profile would make them aware of your suggestion better than a post here would.

Hope that helps.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
reply to post by ATLien

I'd recommend Ad Block Plus if you wish to not see that particular image whilst browsing here.

-m0r

Please do not suggest to other members to break ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

4b) Ad Blockers: As AboveTopSecret.com is provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the website(s).

This thread has run its course. Closed.

new topics

top topics

join