It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does America now have an Islamic commander and chief?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by frimilden

Actually the term you used over and over has been termed political trolling and you should probably heavily edit your post.........being left leaning doesn't exempt you from the t&c here.......thanks so much for your understanding.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed
Doesn't our constitution protect us from religious fervor. Why would a president come out in favor of Islam, the religion that calls America the great satan?
America voted for change and got short-changed.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by gdeed]

America has a President in favor of "freedom of religion", one of the pillars of the United States of America.

No where has he stated that he "favors" Islam.

It is not an either/or position.

Your OP's dishonesty makes this thread pointless beyond the purposes of political baiting.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

It would have been very easy for Obama to stay out of this issue. He knew it could politically hurt him if he didn't. He just couldn't help it. He came out in support period. Didn't have to, probably shouldn't have, simply couldn't help it. Muslim? Maybe, maybe not. It was the way he was raised. Politically suicidal for even commenting on something 72% of American's disagree with? Yes.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by maybereal11

It would have been very easy for Obama to stay out of this issue.

It is not the President's job to duck difficult political issues. Just the opposite.

He came out in support period.

Yes. In support of the Constitution of the Untied States and our founding principle of "Freedom of Religion".

You can make other claims, but absent actual links and quotes all it is is BS.

I have reviewed every public comment he made on the matter start to finish and in each instance he spoke about the principle of "Freedom of Religion" and the rights guaranteed by our founding fathers and the constitution.

Never once did he say it was a good idea to build there...only that they had a right to do so.

Didn't have to, probably shouldn't have, simply couldn't help it. Muslim? Maybe, maybe not. It was the way he was raised. Politically suicidal for even commenting on something 72% of American's disagree with? Yes.

Do 72% of Americans want to abolish "Freedom of Religion"? Because again..show me where he said he supported building the Mosque there? He supported thier RIGHT to...as does our constitution...as is our Founding fathers expressed intent...

and if you think it is not the Presidents' job to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States" then you are profoundly confused. It is the first sentence of the Oath of Office.

Now back to frothing at the mouth, unsupported partisan political rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
Can you please explain how you are not concerned about Saudi Islamic mosque building in the USA? Please answer thruthfully...this is the heart of the issue in this thread.

Wow, didn't realize someone was responding to me on here..
It is not a common thing.

As to your question.. well, why should I be? A mosque does not directly threaten myself or my loved ones. Seeing as I am neither Christian nor Muslim, I have no vested interest in the matter. I simply do not see why it matters much. Besides, there are already thousands of Mosques in this country -- what's one more?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

America has a President in favor of "freedom of religion", one of the pillars of the United States of America.

That one pillar is what will bring this freedom loving country down. Some religions, Muslim inperticular, don't like freedom. For those that don't believe that go ahead and say something bad about Islam. American television will make fun of every religion except Muslim. America is already afraid of Islam.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by gdeed]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Yes. In support of the Constitution of the Untied States and our founding principle of "Freedom of Religion".

Have you always been this patriotic for America? Or only after Obama became president?

Before Obama was president he was not very patriotic, he even refused to put the American flag pin on his jacket, all the others running did. And he still got voted into office. Americans, go figure.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Actually the fact that America voted Obama in shows how great a country it is. His background is singularly atypical. I maybe 50 years time the UK may just vote an Obama in. Until then it will be the usual classist politics on both side of Parlaiment in the UK.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed

Have you always been this patriotic for America? Or only after Obama became president?

I have not always agreed with it's leaders, and I do not agree with all of the current Presidents policies and initiatives, but I have always been patriotic. I love this country, flawed as it might be, and I am unsure why that is worthy of your ridicule.

Before Obama was president he was not very patriotic, he even refused to put the American flag pin on his jacket, all the others running did. [edit on 16-8-2010 by gdeed]

You mis-remember...

The Washington Post
voices.washingtonpost.com...

Nowadays, you rarely see the presumptive Democratic nominee without a shiny metal flag in his lapel, bearing witness to his patriotism. By contrast, his Republican rival, John McCain, rarely wears a flag pin.

Regardless a flag pin does not make you patriotic, love of country does.

It was a non-issue when McCain failed to were a flag pin as it was when then Senator Obama was not wearing his. I don't think a pin is the best measure of patriotism.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by maybereal11]

[edit on 16-8-2010 by maybereal11]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join