It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does America now have an Islamic commander and chief?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

President G. W. Bush hosted Ramadan dinners each of the 8 years he was president. Would you like to insinuatte that he was a Muslim? So, no, President Obama is not the first president to do so. He has also held Passover seders, as have other Presidents before him, but for some reason you aren't trying to claim he's Jewish.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe
Yes, everyone keep pretending that the mosque's location, ground breaking date (9-11-11), and comments from its leading proponent are completely inconsequential to the argument of why it should not be built where it is proposed to be built.

President B. Hussein seems to be playing that same game. Yes, this is truly just a simple freedom of religion argument right? Good grief people how can you be so blind. There is absolutely nothing wrong with building a mosque. There is something wrong with the chosen location, the views of the gentleman trying to build it as well as its proposed inaugural ground breaking date.

Maybe they can build a recreational facility right next store that makes the participants feel like they are crashing into skyscrapers in a passenger jet. Kind of like a motion simulator ride in Disney world right? Its just entertainment right? What could possibly be wrong with that?

Finally, someone has hit the nail perfectly on the head.

I personally find the choice of location to be outrageously provocative; but unfortunately, if you hold American ideals and values close to heart, the 'right' to worship whom or whatever you call God is an intrinsic one that government can have no part in regulating.

I can't believe that the muslims in New York are supporting this though. Although I'm sure they want the right to worship wherever they choose, do none of them find this to be needlessly distasteful? At the very least I would expect them to be wary of the placement of the Mosque as it is plainly going to do nothing but stir up racial tension. I just wish common sense would prevail for once in human history.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier & Misinformational

The fact that Obama said anything at all is strange, IMO. Network news watchers barely knew anything about this story until he spoke about it. Every Democrat running in November wishes he had kept his mouth shut. This gave the Republicans a bigger stick to bash them with; way too close to November for rookie mistakes. If it is part of his Muslim outreach program, he screwed his own party over it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel JackI'm not sure if any other president in recent history has had a religious meal hosted in the WH but it kinda speaks to me that Obama is more muslim than his name alone. Go figure.

Christmas and Easter dinners are done every year in the White House and last year, the Obamas hosted Passover seder along with his Chief of Staff, Rahm Emmanuel...that WAS the first time Passover was done in the White House ever. Maybe Obama is just trying to be much more inclusive of other religions in general than any other President before him. He's not just celebrating the Christian holidays, but the Jewish and Muslim ones as well. Maybe he's even done things for Buddhist and Hindu ones as well, I really don't know.

Personally, I think it's astounding no other President before Obama has done anything like this, but there you have it. Finally a President isn't just favoring Christian holidays and ignoring the others with dinners at the White House.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

There probably was a communist party throughout the cold war in some form or fashion. McCarthy had them too scared to do much of anything though.

I consider him a radical leftist. But thanks to the patriot act, and everything that comes with it, we may well be screwed.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed
Doesn't our constitution protect us from religious fervor.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by gdeed]

If only ! , no more crazed evangelist rapture nut job crazies perpetrating their ignorance for all to suffer .

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dornberger
I really don't like seeing ANY POTUS bow to ANY other world leader, especially the troglodyte ruler of Saudi Arabia. Two more years and he's gone anyway.

Well, he didn't bow...

... but boy did you just give the homophobe in me an awful mind image! *shudder*

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Doesn't our constitution protect us from religious fervor. Why would a president come out in favor of Islam, the religion that calls America the great satan?
America voted for change and got short-changed.

Answering your Thread Title.

YES

YES

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by BuffaloJoe

Completely irrelevant. We are a nation of laws. No laws have been broken. Your have the right to your opinion, absolutely, but the Mosque must go on.

You are a nation of unjust, hypocritical and special interest serving laws - and the sooner that people begin to recognize that fact the better.

The real law, the law that matters, the law of man, god and nature if you will - is called common law, and it goes something like this;

Do not infringe another persons, liberty, property or person.
Honor all contracts.
#Do not impair the inheritance of the earth, water, air and living things.

# This does not appear in historical common law, but I feel it is appropriate to the modern age, and while in prior history this may have been omitted, it is largely because we did not at that time have the capacity to cause the irreparable harm that we have today.

This is not the law of which you speak - that law is either commercial, or corporate law - it is in my opinion, the instructions of the masters to the slaves or serfs - in no way is it moral or reasonable, and the sooner the entire system is replaced by moral common law the better.

With respect to the OP - who cares if he is a satanist or whatever - he is not relevant whatsoever, simply a blow up doll to make nice sounding speeches to placate the serfs. If he is nigerian, or hawiian or from texas or beijing - what matter?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
either im in a coma and having a nightmare

or just about every person posting on page 1 of this thread is Rush Limbaugh on different accounts.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Not all Catholics want to molest children.

But there also isn't an army of perhaps millions that agree with their actions.

Not all Christians want to blow up buildings.

Maybe one or two, but again it isn't thousand or millions and they aren't trying to get their hands on WMDs.

Not all Jews are power hungry.

No, it seems most want to just live in peace - IN ISRAEL - without constant threat of being exterminated - AGAIN.

Not all Muslims are fanatics.

Again, most estimates put that number in the millions ...

EDIT: grammar

[edit on 14-8-2010 by drwizardphd]

Too bad the edit wasn't for logic and reason instead.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Indeed.

The amount of 'stars' some of those post got is really quite saddening. It well illustrates the bigotry against a religion - Ironically, most are probably from a country that prides itself on religious freedom.

Disgusting.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What I find interesting about this topic is this:
"Muslims want to build a mosque at ground zero and have the ground breaking ceremony on 9/11"

There are 3 lies in the above sentence. It is not even something you could see one way or another, it is just plain and simple lies.

It is not a Mosque
It is not at ground zero
And there is no schedule yet

While I am totally aware that "Muslims want to build a community center in lower Manhatten, and have no exact schedule yet" doesnt have the same ring to it, It makes me wonder why some people choose to lie about these things for the sake of rethorik.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Even if that statement were true - There is no reason to be upset.

1st Amendment text:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Not allowing a place of worship to be established on privately owned land, that followed applicable laws in purchasing the property would be a direct violation of the 1st Amendment.

I say build a mosque on Ground Zero to show the world that us Americans hold strong our country's founding ideals - To show the world that we will not live in fear.

Look at our history people - Has bigotry and prejudice ever led to a positive outcome? Are we proud of our slave-owning fore-fathers? Or do we still live with guilt for their actions to this day? I implore each of us, don't leave the same legacy to our next generations that was left to us.

Be the change

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Doesn't our constitution protect us from religious fervor. Why would a president come out in favor of Islam, the religion that calls America the great satan?

99.9% of Muslims are just ordinary, everyday people like you and me. They wake up, do the best they can to raise their families, eat, and sleep.

The 0.1% that make up the fanatics are the ones giving the rest of Islam a bad name. You are incorrectly making the assumption that the radicals speak for the much larger group of moderates.

Not all Muslims are fanatics.

How you cannot draw these conclusions on your own baffles me. I thought simple deductive reasoning was a side effect of cognizance. I suppose I am mistaken.

EDIT: grammar

[edit on 14-8-2010 by drwizardphd]

In the Koran does it not say, that anyone that is not a Muslim is a Infidel and must be converted by choice or by force?

Koran 8:65
"O Prophet exhort the believers to fight. If there be of you 20 steadfast,they will overcome 200 and if there be of you a 100, they shall overcome a 1000, because the disbelievers are a folk without intelligence"

This Sura clearly exposes Islam to be a religion that not only encourages violence but actually makes it a sacred duty for Muslims to kill anyone who does not believe in the Muslim version of religion.

www.conspiracycafe.net...

Yep, I thought so. There is your Muslim religion of Kill and Kill some more in Mohammed's name.

Removed massive external copy-and-paste

edit on by SkepticOverlord because: remove too much external content

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
OK, Mods why did only a 1/4 of my post show up? What gives? It was all there until it posted.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

America voted for change and got short-changed.

Having Christian commander in chiefs hasn't stopped our presidents from going on murderous rampages and spreading propaganda lies on purpose to start wars like the Gulf of Tonkin. So, clearly you are getting bent out of shape over nothing. Religion has little to nothing to do with violence. Humans will be humans regardless of their religion.

Maybe I'm not all that concerned about the mayhem Islam is creating around the world, maybe I'm concerned about my freedoms that will be taken away as islam grows more and more powerful each day. Now islam has a powerful advocate running the most powerful country in the world and little to stop islamic expansion and my infidel ways. Infidels don't do well under islamic laws.

Name a single proposal either state or US federal where any Islamic law has been proposed. In fact, tell me what one single freedom has been taken away in the European countries where there is a much higher influx of Muslims as a percent of the population? You are worried about a fictional problem that just does not exist.

Hitler was supposedly a Catholic. Did that stop him from killing the Jews? No. To the people in charge religion means nothing, except for use as a political tool.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
In an attempt to answer the question posed in the thread title, even though many other seem intent upon derailing the entire thread with arguments about whether the US is "racist" against muslims, etc.

I think that while President Obama isn't a muslim in the sense that he actively practices the religion of Islam, I think his views of the world and many of his salient beliefs are shaded by his partially Muslim upbringing. I think because of his immersion in an Islamic lifestyle when he was young that he believes in and is sympathetic to Islamic beliefs, customs, and countries. As people, we are all conditioned by and absorb influences that surround us when we are young, and surely President Obama isn't any different. I suspect he is much more sympathetic to Islamic beliefs (even some of the more anti-American ones) than he admits because naturally, these would be incredibly divisive and dangerous to his political future.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xtradimensions

Well actually I do not believe that our president had any significant contact with moslems. He just comes from a non-traditional background the previous bunch of presidents. That is not a crime. As an outsider he thinks a bit outside of tghe box. I know many moslems who are decent hardworking people who never make a fuss. For the average American they are the invisible moslems.

Sadly one lanky basketball-playing joe becomes POTUS and everfyone gets their underwear in a bunch over lies, lies and damn lies. Some people need to grow up.

Anyway He will only serve one term then you can all let an all american idiot in like Bush.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join