It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kiss-in, in NYC in honor of the 65th anniversary of the end of WW2.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I saw this on the news this morning and thought I would share. I remember seeing this pic growing up and thought it was one of the most romantic pics I had ever seen. I didn't know until I was older he didn't even know her. I am a sap for romance though
I also recently read that the young woman from the pic recently passed
sad but she will always be remembered and was honored according to the article with a statue of the kiss back in 2005.

In NYC today they have a huge statue and a contest involving W Hotels. Couples are to re-enact the kiss and then take it to the hotel and winners will receive a free stay I believe. I would participate if I lived there and my bf lived there as well lol I think I could convince him to do it

n honor of the 65th anniversary of the end of World War II on Saturday, August 14th, W Hotels New York (that means ALL of them) are having a "kiss contest": whomever can take their picture in front of all of the New York-area W Hotels (W New York-Times Square, -49th St., -Union Square, -Downtown and W Hoboken) and submit them to the W New York Facebook page (see links below) and bring them to the concierge at the W Times Square the earliest on Saturday wins a free-nights stay at that hotel.

Kiss In NYC

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e4b213ae7c7.jpg[/atsimg]

I

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Nobody?!

Guess I am the only romantic around who thinks this is sweet.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I agree, the picture is very sweet...especially since he didn't know her.

It would be nice if they shared the contest entries.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
I agree, the picture is very sweet...especially since he didn't know her.

It would be nice if they shared the contest entries.

Yes I thought it was even more sweet when I found out he didn't know her.

The contest was yesterday so I am sure in a couple days the pics of some of the entrants and winners will be posted. I will post them when they come up

top topics

join