It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* Feds say risk of BLOWOUT near wellhead is the center of discussion (VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by slavenomore4u
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I have see a couple recent videos that show that if you dig a shallow hole you will find oil, and that if you us an IR flashlight, it will show up plain as day.
also the clean up crews from what i understand are focusing on highly visible area and neglecting the areas that are more remote.

But we all know in our guts that this is not over, not by a long shot. we havent seen the wors yet, and even if the floor does not blow out like some say, the damage from the dispersant alone is a catastrophy.

Slavenomore4u, You're right. We are only at the beginning of this catastrophe. There are tests to show that Corexit is not only toxic, but even after six months it still kills the red worm. Shrimp feed on red worm. It kills the bottom of the food chain and does NOT biodegrade as quickly as advertised.

The FDA does NOT have protocols to test for Corexit in food. Their tests of Gulf seafood are only for detecting petroleum.

BP has been using sub-sea applications of Corexit, not just aerial spraying of the water's surface.

The Gulf used to provide about 40% of the seafood eaten in the US. So we have lost a major food source.

As time passes and more & more people sicken & die, maybe even the sheeple will understand what's been done to them.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind

It sad, but that's true. They simply don't really care. Power, image, money and ego is all that counts for them. Find a summary here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We need to turn this thing around. This is a dead end. Wrong direction. This is not what we are intended for.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by mrMasterJoe]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eldix
I'm wondering why Britain isn't helping fund the attempt to cap this well. I may be mistaken on this, but I havn't heard a word about Britain helping in any way. I may be mistaken on this. I just supposed that since it IS a British company that is responsible for this disaster, the least they could do is pitch in. I know they've stepped up their inspections of their oil rigs, but like I said I havn't seen anything about them helping with the current crisis. Someone please prove me wrong on this.

Here is your answer:

But just how British is BP? Obviously it’s listed in London. And it’s got a British CEO. But BP employs 23,000 people in the US, compared to 10,000 UK workers. Around 40 per cent of BP’s shares are held in the UK. But around the same proportion is held in the US. And a glance at BP’s 2009 report (p29)shows that 26 per cent of BP’s crude oil production comes from the US (665,000 barrels a day out of 2,535,000 globally). A similar proportion of BP’s natural gas comes from the US. And 18 per cent of its oil is sold in the US too. And BP’s entire US operation is largely an inheritance from the 1998 merger with Amoco under Lord Browne.

And more:

Crucial offers to help clean up BP’s oil spill “have come from Belgian, Dutch, and Norwegian firms that . . . possess some of the world’s most advanced oil skimming ships.” But the Obama administration wouldn’t accept the help, because doing so would require it to do something past presidents have routinely done: waive rules imposed by the Jones Act, a law backed by unions.

Why US government did not intervene with Bopal disaster? Why should others help it?

I hope it shed some lights

[edit on 14-8-2010 by gagol]

[edit on 14-8-2010 by gagol]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by slavenomore4u

It is far from over folks. Obama saying mission accomplished was just like Bush. [snip]
Cover up after cover up after cover up.
Park your cars, Max out your credit cards, refuse to pay all bills, quit your jobs, dont pay your morgage, say to hell with taxes and plant a victory garden. it is time to revolt.

Mod Edit - removed remark

[edit on 14-8-2010 by elevatedone]

Great! You lead the way. By the way, I'll take all your stuff should something unexpected happen to you in your personal revolt!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join