It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* Feds say risk of BLOWOUT near wellhead is the center of discussion (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

*BREAKING* Feds say risk of BLOWOUT near wellhead is the center of discussion (VIDEO)

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com

First we hear that everything is great lots of BP press releases in US and worldwide of successes..no need for the relief well–blab blab blab
..now the REAL story is slowly being “revealed”..why not just be up front and say “we have problems with the static kill, trying to implement the bottom kill via RW–is dangerous and may cause a blowout!” Wonder if BP is going to be willing to sit in the Gulf for the next 25 or so years with operators, ROVs, rigs–keeping a eye on the well–if there is no way to insure its “dead.” Bet it turns out to be the USA’s problem when the BP U
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It is far from over folks. Obama saying mission accomplished was just like Bush. [snip]
Cover up after cover up after cover up.
Park your cars, Max out your credit cards, refuse to pay all bills, quit your jobs, dont pay your morgage, say to hell with taxes and plant a victory garden. it is time to revolt.

Mod Edit - removed remark

[edit on 14-8-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by slavenomore4u

Its all over dude. BP saved the day, they capped the well. Didnt you know?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I read what Allen had to say on Yahoo a while ago - it was quiet for so long I knew things weren't right. Also all the leaks and seafloor actvity on the feeds were a dead giveaway, been a lot of bad stuff going on down there. Thanks OP for a better article - couldn't get the vid. Now what are these assh#%es gonna do or tell us they are doing? Disgusting pieces of rubbish that they are!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

When did Obama say "mission accomplished"?

Can you provide me a link to that?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

well he may not have used those exact words, but when you say that the whole thing is coming to an end and that the majority of the oil has been cleaned up, you might have well said it.

Now dont go twisting this post around, trying to discredit the post. if you do, your a Troll, and no amount of denial will change that.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by slavenomore4u

well he may not have used those exact words, but when you say that the whole thing is coming to an end and that the majority of the oil has been cleaned up, you might have well said it.

Now dont go twisting this post around, trying to discredit the post. if you do, your a Troll, and no amount of denial will change that.

Hahaha dude, chill out. I was genuinely wondering if Obama had said that, I wasn't trying to be a "troll".

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

OK. I like to pre emptively strike if it seems that the conversation may lead there.

I have looked but have not found any new info other than this peice. do you know of any updates?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Let's hope this thing is over and done.

An *UPDATE* to what going on down there:

I just got back from New Orleans this week and I visited Grand Isle while I was down there. I didn't see any oil in the water, but I did see (and take pics) of BP crews cleaning the oil off the beach's. To be honest, most the folks down there didn't seem too concerned about it all, and that was kinda of disappointing. There were a whole bunch of military down there though, and at one point we were followed for quite a while. I also got some pics of local fishing boats out there using the oil booeys (?) to contain the oil, but like I said I couldn't really see any oil. ?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I have see a couple recent videos that show that if you dig a shallow hole you will find oil, and that if you us an IR flashlight, it will show up plain as day.
also the clean up crews from what i understand are focusing on highly visible area and neglecting the areas that are more remote.

But we all know in our guts that this is not over, not by a long shot. we havent seen the wors yet, and even if the floor does not blow out like some say, the damage from the dispersant alone is a catastrophy.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I have see a couple recent videos that show that if you dig a shallow hole you will find oil, and that if you us an IR flashlight, it will show up plain as day.
also the clean up crews from what i understand are focusing on highly visible area and neglecting the areas that are more remote.

But we all know in our guts that this is not over, not by a long shot. we havent seen the wors yet, and even if the floor does not blow out like some say, the damage from the dispersant alone is a catastrophy.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by slavenomore4u]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Here's only one of MANY articles where PRESIDENT Obama WARNED the public there may be continued problems with leaking, cleanup, etc.

Obama warns new oil leak cap method 'not without risk'

Obama expressed concern that none of the attempts to plug the leak have been successful.

"While we initially received optimistic reports about the procedure, it is now clear that it has not worked," Obama said in a statement after speaking with top officials about the situation on the sea floor and along the US Gulf Coast.

peace

Edit = 'my' bold

[edit on 14-8-2010 by silo13]

Mod Edit - removed remarks about other member.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm wondering why Britain isn't helping fund the attempt to cap this well. I may be mistaken on this, but I havn't heard a word about Britain helping in any way. I may be mistaken on this. I just supposed that since it IS a British company that is responsible for this disaster, the least they could do is pitch in. I know they've stepped up their inspections of their oil rigs, but like I said I havn't seen anything about them helping with the current crisis. Someone please prove me wrong on this.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The gulf oil spill and the way it was handled is totally about the money and politically corrupt. I just watched a series of videos a friend sent to me about it. It is composed of numerous clips put together that definitely presents the big picture. After watching this, you will see how full of bull the officials really are and why you don't want to eat anything from the gulf regardless of what they tell you. Hint: Watch all three in the order shown, about 10 min each, to really see the big picture. Tell others via email, blogs, forums, whatever, it's important info!

Here's the links that were sent to me.

Project Deep Horizon Cut-Throat Part 1 of 3
www.youtube.com...

Project Deep Horizon Cut-Throat Part 2 of 3
www.youtube.com...

Project Deep Horizon Cut-Throat Part 3 of 3
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Since you were in New Orleans and saw the beaches being cleaned I have a question if you don't mind. Just how are the beaches being cleaned, what process are they using? Are they scooping up the oil for disposal or are they raking the sand over it? Thank you, I wanted to verify as I recently saw a vid on ATS of large amounts of oil being found under the sand.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eldix
I'm wondering why Britain isn't helping fund the attempt to cap this well. I may be mistaken on this, but I havn't heard a word about Britain helping in any way. I may be mistaken on this. I just supposed that since it IS a British company that is responsible for this disaster, the least they could do is pitch in. I know they've stepped up their inspections of their oil rigs, but like I said I havn't seen anything about them helping with the current crisis. Someone please prove me wrong on this.

I dont think it works like that. Its down to the company itself to pay the damages and clean up the spill not the UK government.

BP is not british owned its a private company with shareholders. These shareholders are the ones to go after for the money not the British public.

US government allowed the drilling....BP the private company did the drilling...i cant work out how that makes the British guilty>??

Just found this link :

www.bp.com...

Which shows that 39% of BP is owned by 14 American people?

[edit on 14-8-2010 by loves a conspiricy]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It is far from over folks. Obama saying mission accomplished was just like Bush. Both seem to have a problem with premature Ejac###tion.
Park your cars, Max out your credit cards, refuse to pay all bills, quit your jobs, dont pay your morgage, say to hell with taxes and plant a victory garden. it is time to revolt.

Really? Obama got on a ship with a giant banner behind him saying "Mission Accomplished" while lives were lost? Not sure if I see the comparison.. but Ok...

I'm waiting to hear more sources on this situation. Either way, even if the well issue is solved, there are tons of oil plumes that plague the Gulf and causing damage.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It is far from over folks. Obama saying mission accomplished was just like Bush. Both seem to have a problem with premature Ejac###tion.

Couldn't agree more my friend. For me they already reached the "game over" zone. Enough is enough. Speaking in soccer slang I would be pleased to show them the red card. They've foul played for too long. And that's true not only for the Obama admin, it's also valid for the majority of Europe's governments and for the associated media. I'm fed up. End. It. NOW.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join