It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian S-300's in Abkhazia Block Israeli Air Route to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Russian S-300's in Abkhazia Block Possible Israeli Air Route to Iran

www.debka.com

US and Israeli military sources told debkafile that a threat from Georgia was not the reason why Russian posted advanced S-300 interceptor batteries Russia in Abkhazia and air defense weapons in South Ossetia on the northern shore of the Black Sea -as Moscow officially maintained, but rather possible moves by the US and/or Israel against Iran and its nuclear facilities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-8-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I also figured the same thing.... I don't think Georgia is threatening Russia by any means and yes I have been following the Russia/Georgia Situation thread.

There are Russian scientists/fuel/projects/investments/$$$ tied into Iran's Nuclear Facilities.... So I can't see Russian interests being foiled with, as the same applies with US interests in other countries...

That being said should get interesting.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I have always thought the plant at Bushehr was not a primary target for an Israeli Attack. The possibility of killing Russian citizens is pretty much a deal breaker. However, there are lots of other places in Iran that Israel could hit and do a lot of damage. I think any attack by Israel should be aimed as much at the regime as at the nuclear facilities. There is also the possibility that once the shooting starts the conflict will grow into an all out fight and then there will be no safe place anywhere.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by itguysrule]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
I have always thought the plant at Bushehr was not a primary target for an Israeli Attack. The possibility of killing Russian citizens is pretty much a deal breaker.

I do agree... Yet, what will happen before the 21st?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Apparently the US war gamed an Iran invasion and found it couldn't be won without using nukes on Iran.
If the US or Israel wants to open up that kettle of fish, they may find Iran suddenly might have all sorts of allies on principle.
Kind of like Hitler found himself facing almost the whole world...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Apparently the US war gamed an Iran invasion and found it couldn't be won without using nukes on Iran.

Now, that is a scary thought... One of many I have speculated about, if the US or Israel were to attack Iran... I do NOT want nukes being used... at all.. Quite frankly, I see nothing good in the long run coming out of Iran being attacked...

That said, where did you hear that? Got a link? I would love to check it out.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

It was some computer program they have and tested it 4 times and every time it said Iran would win.

You have to realize if USrael launched every jet they had they cannot destroy every missile silo Iran has... Iran will launch EVERYTHING it has at once and destroy the US green zone in IRaq and Tel Aviv.

top topics

join