It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member introducing myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Good day, ATS.

I'm another longtime lurker who, with the urging of a good friend (also a member) decided to officially join and become an active poster. Well, realistically I'll probably still do more reading then posting, but who knows perhaps not. Lol.

I'm an admitted cynic/skeptic, but I do try to keep an open mind while learning and exploring.
I expect to find many interesting topics to discuss, perhaps a good debate here and there and hopefully enjoy a media/social forum that is different from all the sameness of the major media outlets.

Peace.

Glimmer

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Glimmer]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Glimmer

Hi Glimmer, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thank you Sauron. That list of threads will be helpful.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yo Yo Glimmah. Sup.

Welcome to ATS. There a bunch of different forums on here, so I'm sure you will find something you like.

Glimmah. Brighter than Dimmah. You are (Him)mah? Or (She)mma?

-Sol

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hi SolarE-Souljah.

Thanks for the welcome note. I'm female and once I figure the avatar upload, that will be more obvious. Lol. I've already found a few (sub-forums?) that I really like and have been lurking about. Education/Media and Psychology/Philosophy and Ancient Civilizations are examples.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Glimmer

oooh. The Philosophy, Psychology, and Metaphysics forum is where I most frequent. Some very eye opening material there.

Yes, get an avatar right away. They're fun.

-Sol

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Glimmer

Welcome to ATS, Glimmer.
May you find what you seek.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Thanks Captain Reynolds.

I'm not actively seeking anything, other than perhaps new avenues to read/learn/experience and explore. Some topics are on the odd side, others completely out there and still others intriguing and that pique my curiosity and interest the 'dreamer' side of me. I like that. Options. Lol.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
hi glimmer cool tag
enjoy the news reviews and debate
this is the best site iv found on the net for sharing info and ideas
kinda lika hivemind of ideas

dont feed the trolls lol

peice

XPLodER

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome XPLodER.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hola and welcome.
Nice to see you here.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Thank you it's nice to be here.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hello Glimmer. What the ATS world needs.......is another skeptic. Just keep an open mind. Look forward to your posts.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear there are skeptics on this forum. It's important to possess some degree of critical thinking, rather than blind belief.

I look forward to seeing other posts of yours

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Lol. Skeptic does not equate to disbelief, or out to debunk, though I have noticed the lines blur on many occasions. In my case, it simply means that I don't usually take things at face value and the more outlandish the claim, the more that requires some sort of "discussion" which includes a lot of questions that need to be answered in some way.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hello Glimmer
Welcome to ATS!

I hope you enjoy it here.

What types of subjects are of most interest to you? Do you have any one thing you prefer?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Hi and love the username and thanks for the welcome! I'm really interested in ancient civilizations and the history/people/legends that come with that topic, psychology/sociology, conspiracies in general especially mysteries that are unsolved, can't be explained, things like that. I do tend to also gravitate towards politics, as well. The site has so many things to follow, depending on the mood!

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Glimmer]

new topics

top topics

join