It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs mosque near ground zero

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Forget for a moment that it's a Muslim Mosque we are talking about here.
It's private property ( I know that nothing is private anymore ) It must be zoned in a certain way to allow anything to be built. The local government approved the zoning ordnance and construction. The majority of the people are opposed to a certain type of business to be built at that location.

The issue here is government refuses to do the will of the people.

now back to the issue at hand.

As far as separation of church and state go; there is none.

All Religious houses of worship are sanctioned by the federal government though the IRS tax code.

You cannot operate a "church" without first getting permission from Government.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
The issue here is government refuses to do the will of the people.

We do not live in a Democracy. We do not live under mob rule. Your freedom of religion should not be decided upon by a majority. Your freedom to build a place of worship should not be decided by a majority.

As far as separation of church and state go; there is none.

You are quiet right. For years this government has had some love affair with the christian establishment in this nation.We've seen it through our billions sent to Israel, we've seen it through the motivation to invade Iraq and in turn spend more billions and lives, we'v see it creep up onto our private lives.

You cannot operate a "church" without first getting permission from Government.

Thats interesting as I have not heard of that. If thats the case I am dead against that. What people choose to do in their own time, if people choose to make a place of worship, government has no business, period.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by GunzCoty

Ok this is how it works, if you are intolerant, can't stand the 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech AND freedom of religion, want everyone to conform to you, want to deny people from being able to worship the way they want to worship. Then you are a bigot. It doesn't matter what piece of tail your banging.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by whatukno]

so you are saying bad things about his wife?

i suppose you bang your wife, i bet she just loves that.

oh wait! IF you are married, must have a special relationship, huh?

i'd say you are a celler dweller, coz lol... i can't go on with this, hey someone pick up on this freak! lol!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

What you have just said literally made no sense, congratulations.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It's time to build a Hooters right next door to that mosque.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It's time to build a Hooters right next door to that mosque.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

reply to post by GunzCoty

Ok this is how it works, if you are intolerant, can't stand the 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech AND freedom of religion, want everyone to conform to you, want to deny people from being able to worship the way they want to worship. Then you are a bigot. It doesn't matter what piece of tail your banging.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by whatukno]
Wow, you really speak of intolreance and the like and say that about somones wife.........I guess you truely are more ignorant that I first thougt. Hmmmm, name calling and all aside, your point was....2 edged sword anymore, it's only good if its anti Christian, anti American, anti white, did I miss anything, or did I cover all of your typical tired bases?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
i'm appalled at that statement.

talk about ignorant,

my wife is chinese christian, her family is tao, i am catholic.

groucho.. you desecrate your avatar.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Thats the spirit!

If they have freedom to build a mosque, you have the freedom to build your hooters. Everybody is happy, nobody needs to take anybody else's freedom away.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Can't say I'm surprised either. Just hoped he would've had a back bone for once. It's amazing how many are blind to the fact that these . . . people? are starting to use our laws against us and with this nod of approval from obama it's just going to open the door for more.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by fooks

What you have just said literally made no sense, congratulations.

thanks chump!

you should be getting a 20point reduction for a 1 liner!

u bangy wiffy too?

or do you use green bulbs in the basement?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Why stop there, let's build a Beni-Hana restaurant in Pearl Harbor too.

This is the ultimate insult to injury, the same people that were dancing and celebrating on 9-11 will most likely be attending that mosque.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Aww did I hurt someones wittwe feewings? Aww poor babies!

Sorry to rain on your little bigot party. But I would be telling you how it is if it were a christian church that was being protested against.

I for one am sick of this site looking more and more like stormfront everyday, and I will not stand for it anymore. I am sick and tired of you bigots coming here and attempting to destroy this site with your hate and intolerance, it HAS to stop!

You bigot say that Muslims are destroying America, well I say it's you intolerant bigots that are destroying America. America is supposed to be about freedom, I know you hate that freedom, you protest against it every time someone of another faith dares to use that freedom. Cowardly hiding behind the first amendment while you work to suppress other people's first amendment rights.

I won't be silent on issues like this because you bigots need to be stopped. I hope that the rest of this site finally figures out what you people are all about and figures out that there is no room for bigotry here.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Do you ever get tired of that same old song and dance?

Good grief.

Let's see here, I am trying to remember if I ever saw you post anything supportive of Christians under anti Christian threads,

I suppose all their points of view are valid and not bigoted?

I straight up don't like what happens to women under third world Islamic regimes, so shoot me.

[edit on 113131p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Aww did I hurt someones wittwe feewings? Aww poor babies!

Sorry to rain on your little bigot party. But I would be telling you how it is if it were a christian church that was being protested against.

I for one am sick of this site looking more and more like stormfront everyday, and I will not stand for it anymore. I am sick and tired of you bigots coming here and attempting to destroy this site with your hate and intolerance, it HAS to stop!

You bigot say that Muslims are destroying America, well I say it's you intolerant bigots that are destroying America. America is supposed to be about freedom, I know you hate that freedom, you protest against it every time someone of another faith dares to use that freedom. Cowardly hiding behind the first amendment while you work to suppress other people's first amendment rights.

I won't be silent on issues like this because you bigots need to be stopped. I hope that the rest of this site finally figures out what you people are all about and figures out that there is no room for bigotry here.
Hmmmm, a couple of quick points. 1.) School is almost back in session, please attend and learn how to properly address others. 2.) Noone is cowardly hiding behind anything, outside influences have been out to destroy traditional America for quite awhile, and enablers such as yourself only help their cause.3.) I didn't say anywhere that Muslims are destroying America, however, I feel doing away with traditon and decorum in the name of being PC is not only counter productive, but down right stupid. Bigot? Really, come on, is that the only term you know....oh, I forgot, there is racist, homophobe, islamaphobe...any phobe you can think of when someone normal doesn't follow along the lines of your thinking. No matter how many times you get up and insult someone, or their wife (real classy move there), remember, there are more normal people than there are folks like you......Funny, you scream and rail about freedom of speech, yet decry it for anyone not agreeing with you......the ultimate in hypocrasy.........perhaps thinking before you post and then speaking like an adult may help your cause, but frankly, your ideas sometimes do prove you may in fact be a school stdent,,,,,grow up.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Why stop there, let's build a Beni-Hana restaurant in Pearl Harbor too.

This is the ultimate insult to injury, the same people that were dancing and celebrating on 9-11 will most likely be attending that mosque.

The people who work at Benihana did not bomb Pearl Harbor. Have you been to a Benihana lately? Most of them aren't even Asian, let alone Japanese.

As for your other remark, I know Muslims who feared for their lives after 9/11. Not because they had anything to do with it, or even supported it, but because they feared jingoistic attitudes such as yours. They feared that xenophobic nutjobs would hold a permanent grudge against anyone of their faith for the actions of a very select minority.

And look at you, 9 years later and still pissing and moaning about Islam. Islam did not destroy the twin towers. Crazy people who happened to be Islamic did.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people? I'm keeping track of everyone in here who wants the government to step in and prevent the construction of this mosque on private property.

If any of you ever mention the Constitution, private property rights, or too much government intervention, I WILL CALL YOU OUT.

You can't have freedom for some and tyranny for others. You either have it one way or the other. It seems like a lot of people on these forums would support tyranny over freedom.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

bigot,nazi,islamophobe,racists are the only words he knows

personally tho if this cry for attention doesnt work he aint going nowhere

he has too much fun throwing out all those labels.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I straight up don't like what happens to women under third world Islamic regimes, so shoot me.

That's fine, you shouldn't like what happens to women under third world Islamic regimes, but this isn't a third world Islamic regime is it? This is America, and guess what? Here in America we have the right to believe anything we want. Christians have the right to believe in Christ, they have the right to worship and pray.

But when its Muslim somehow the rules change eh? Somehow magically the First Amendment vanishes when other religions besides Christianity try and use it.

As far as me defending Christians in Christian threads, I am sure that there are more than enough fundamentalist bigots here to make up for any involvement I might have.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Reality check, the new rules of the game: up is down; wrong is right; defense of the constitution is unconstitutional if not downright Un-American; a Right is what the majority say it is; there are no individual rights if I don't like what you are doing; there are no religious rights unless you believe what I believe. When you understand this logic, you will understand the objections to the mosque near ground zero which we all know was a false flag operation conducted by the previous administration to launch their Oil Wars.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

We do not live in a Democracy. We do not live under mob rule. Your freedom of religion should not be decided upon by a majority. Your freedom to build a place of worship should not be decided by a majority.

Its not the issue of the mosque being built; it is it's location. Majority rule can dictate the location.

This nation is supposed to be a republic but I am sad to say it is no more.

Just look around....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join