It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs mosque near ground zero

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Personally, I find muslim architecture and particuarly mosques, to be inappropriate within Western culture - whether they be erected in the UK, Australia, Germany, Norway, etc.

However, I have never believed that Muslims were responsible for 9/11

Therefore, for me, it's simply a matter of a culturally inapproprate structure (imo) to be erected in a Western city

I'm not opposed to mosques and find many to be quite beautiful

However, I feel they are best suited to the architecture and culture of traditionally-Islamic nations - just as I feel gothic cathedrals would appear incongruous and out-of-place in for example, Tangiers or Cairo

We live such brief lives of course - and what goes up, also eventually comes down

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by GunzCoty

martial law doesnt concern me as much as sharia law

Well said, in bosnia it already has the sharia law, if you want healthcare, you have to switch over to islam and cover your wife's.

link   
The US President backs the building of ground zero mosque!
I am shocked!

Oh, wait what was his middle name?
You know, the middle name that no one was supposed to mention?

Can you imagine any US president (other than this one) defending the right of the Japanese to build a buddhist temple two blocks away from Pearl Harbor?

And that temple scheduled its opening date on Dec 7, 1951?

It is ironic that they are closing the mosque in Hamburg used in 9/11 but there is another one lined up for 2011 two blocks away form ground zero. Well, win some, loose some, I suppose.

Does that mean that they won't crash planes, try to blow parked vehicles anymore, now that there will be a mosque at the site?
I bet Obama can really get the muslim vote for 2012 if he promises a muslim sector of New York. Decorated with walls, godlen domes, security guards, just like in Jerusalem.

What does it have to happen in order for us to hear these words from our leaders:

"Hamburg must not and will not become a cradle of violent Islamists," said Christoph Ahlhaus, Hamburg's interior minister.

"We closed the Taiba mosque because young men were being converted to religious fanatics there. A purported cultural association shamelessly exploited the freedoms of our democratic state under the rule of law to recruit for holy war behind the scenes. This cannot be tolerated.

"We have finally put an end to the spectre behind its walls. The association which ran it continuously promoted jihadist, aggressive and anti-democratic ideology and religious views."

German 9/11 mosque closed

Just for refernce, there is a buddhist temple in Hawaii but is not anywhere near the Harbor.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by tungus]

link   
This piece from the "NYT" says it all in a nutshell...

opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It's really a local issue. But we all have our opinions on the issue.

A Nation divided will fall.

Enjoy the ride!

The real terrorist all hold positions in Government just look at history.

I don't agree with the Muslims religious beliefs, but as long as they don't force it me we will get along just fine.

However if they cross the line I will go jihad on their arse.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thats another thing " sharia law " most people of Islam (living in the USA)do not and never will want "sharia law " and it will never happen i don't care if this is built or not "sharia law " will never happen (not without a ton of blood).

sharia law does not concern me. "we the people" thinking the Gov. runs this country does concern me.

We have the power to do anything we want with/for this great country no matter what. If we don't like Obama and the rest of the Gov. we can fire there ass.

But only if we unite as one voice and say "hey your fired and hey new guy do it this way or you will be out. No voting them out just fire there ass.

If they say no? Then "we the people" shut America down for 1 week the Gov. will lose Billions and have to give in to what the BOSS (we the people) want.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Boy you can really tell who the bigots are can't you?

Hey, have any of y'all ever heard of the 1st Amendment?

Yea, freedom of religion. Get over it.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

alot of people didnt want obama care and look what happened.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

"Boy you can really tell who the bigots are can't you? " Um no i can't who are they?
Ya see i would like to know because my wife is a Scotland born Pakistani Muslim however im a American born white Christian so as you can tell i cant see as black&white as you.

I just would like to ignore the people you speak of so that my wife and i do not need to read the bigots post.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thank you thats my point.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Not much to say about Obama, no surprise there......what amazes me is the people spouting freedom of religion.........is this the same freedom of religion thats applauded here for every religion except Chrisianity? Seems whenever theres a similar story line about the Christians it's a totally unacceptable situation, but by all means, allow the other religions, one in particular, all of the freedom they want. Hmmmm, seems in line with a few other things happening in our country right now. Sorry, Epic fail on this one.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Obama supports freedom? Yes! Yes he showing his true colors! He could have simply supported government intervention to stop those individuals from building that mosque but he did not! Shocker.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

nah man dont thank me im one of them racist,bigot islamophobe,nazis.

you hear so much about.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fapython
I wonder if America bombed mecca, would they allow the building of churches?.

Heres an easy answer for you. We are not Saudi Arabia, we are not Iran, we are not Korea so please stop comparing the circumstances. For all the cries and whining about how this government is destroying liberties and freedom, the argument here is because they strip freedoms in Saudi Arabia we should do so as well? Hypocrisy? Yes.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

lmao "racist,bigot islamophobe,nazis."

Damn you covered everything.lol

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
It's really a local issue. But we all have our opinions on the issue.

A Nation divided will fall.

Enjoy the ride!

The real terrorist all hold positions in Government just look at history.

I don't agree with the Muslims religious beliefs, but as long as they don't force it me we will get along just fine.

However if they cross the line I will go jihad on their arse.

It's not a local issue at all, your land is the, "Land of the free" is it not? unlike the UK. Do you know that the US has an organisation, or organisations that monitor other countries for their treatment of different religious groups, and may well pontificate on those countries?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Please re-read my post you missed the point and the part where i said THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO BUILD IT THERE

I know you missed the point its ok.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Not much to say about Obama, no surprise there

That he supports the rights of people to build a mosque as those of christians and jews and scientologists? Wow, I am surprised that you are surprised! After all, was this not the same man stripping you of your freedoms? I am really surprised.

......what amazes me is the people spouting freedom of religion.........is this the same freedom of religion thats applauded here for every religion except Chrisianity? Seems whenever theres a similar story line about the Christians

Well thats the difference between Christianity as an established religion in America and Islam and a minority religion. In this case these muslims wanted a mosque built, I have never heard of much of in issue on this forum regarding christians building churches. Infact I'd bet my bottom dollar if this was a church we would not have heard a peep about this.

Do you know why christianity is targeted here? Because of its influences on out laws and international polices. Muslims are not the ones behind our multi-billion dollar backing of Israel, muslims are not the ones that pushed for America to invade Iraq. Almost all of the presidents before us were practicing christians. So when it comes to the arguments against christianity here, it is against religion being endorsed and established by the government through our laws. Big difference.

seems in line with a few other things happening in our country right now.

Yep, muslims have the same rights to practice their religions and build their mosque's just as christians can build church's, just as jews cand build their synagogue. What's really happening in this country? Real freedom, not the half assed one people like you spout around on this forum.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Ok this is how it works, if you are intolerant, can't stand the 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech AND freedom of religion, want everyone to conform to you, want to deny people from being able to worship the way they want to worship. Then you are a bigot. It doesn't matter what piece of tail your banging.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
well that freedom of speech covers gunzcoty right to speak his mind.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by neo96]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join