It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the U.S successfully invade Mexico?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this the other day: If we spend so much time complaining about illegal immigration, why not just send the U.S Army/Marines/Air Force to invade and annex Mexico? Think about the possibilities of an expanded border, not to mention an end to illegal immigration (from Mexico at least). Of course, there are plenty of cultural differences that could conflict, not to mention the problems with drug cartels (which could be neutralized by Special Forces).

Again, just a thought. If the North American Union had gone through, we'd end up annexing Mexico and Canada anyway as there would be open borders!

I am in no way suggesting the invasion of Mexico. I am just sick and tired of thread after thread on illegal immigration.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by The Sword]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Weird, I was talking about this last night. It would be dope, the boarder would be Central America, thus making the boarders smaller. We would have cheap labor, so then we could compete with China way easier, and throughy beat them out. Plus with the resources Canada and Mexico have it would work out well. Only problem is americans would complain about it. Candanians wouldnt want to be Americans, and well Mexcians would be all about it. The only thing in Mexico that would give us a problem taking over would be the Cartels, they are the only ones who would slow us down. I'm pretty sure the Mexican Gov't would be all for this Idea. Hell I say do it. Would defintley make things a lot more interesting.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
If the North American Union had gone through, we'd end up annexing Mexico and Canada anyway as there would be open borders!

How do you know the US would have been doing the annexing? Maybe Mexico would have been the one to annex the US and Canada. Maybe Canada would have annexed the US and Mexico. Just because we're in the middle doesn't mean we'd have done the annexing.

As to the question posed by your thread title, why would we want to? Invading a country wouldn't put an end to our illegal immigration problem. It would just give us a whole new set of problems that we can't afford and don't want/need.

Originally posted by DrakeDarc
We would have cheap labor, so then we could compete with China way easier, and throughy beat them out.

Yes, let's invade a country for cheap labor.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
we already did

"new mexico" all those areas of the US we fought and killed the locals for

history doesn't look pretty on how america got the land it sits on currently

i think now that it's been enough years to gain even more advanced weapons and techniques of warfare, we could definitely take some more landspace

[edit on 8/13/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wait!!!

They're not done with Canada yet!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Why not the world is going to hell. Plus we already have it going on, so why not make it for everyone.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I see your point. Admittedly, it's not the best idea out there and I'm sure that you've seen the thread that suggests invading Canada. The difference is that I like Canada.

To explore your point more, realistically, I doubt that either Canada or Mexico could annex the U.S unless the U.S forces become stretched out even further from a conflict with Iran. Who knows though? The Afghans drove out the Soviets (with U.S help though) so anything is possible. A bigger military does not always equal the best military.

Again, this thread is purely a discussion and I apologize in advance if it attracts the wrong elements.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
think the insurgents in afghanistan are putting up a good fight?
imaging the fight the cartels will put up. their kicking the mex military and federales asses as i type this.
they are most likely much better armed than the taliban.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Invade, destroy, then invade again. What a World.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I am sure that we could. After all roads tend to go two ways and Mexico has already successfully invaded the US.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
we'd have to find a way of dealing with the indians/savages/ancestors of the aztecs the way we dealt with the indians in the U.S.. The way some of those drug cartels are, its like they have no humanity. They speak spanish, but most mexicans are just mexican indians.

I'd use biological warfare to wipeout 90% of the population, then roll right in and start moving americans down to some prime real estate.

hey, OP asked a question, I'm just saying...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The military would not be necessary. Just give all of the hunters and militias in Texas the green light, and it would be over in time for Christmas.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The Mexican military would probably fall pretty easily.

Then the REAL WAR would begin; The US against the drug cartels.

All bets are off when that happens...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I was just thinking about this the other day: If we spend so much time complaining about illegal immigration, why not just send the U.S Army/Marines/Air Force to invade and annex Mexico?

Umm... yeah. Let's add millions more impoverished people to our already broken system. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Then what? All the companies with manufacturing plants in Mexico would go where? Nicaragua? Then we invade....

No thanks.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Again, this thread is purely a discussion and I apologize in advance if it attracts the wrong elements.

So who would the "wrong elements" be?

To me the "wrong elements" would be anyone that wants to sacrifice more of our troops for a pointless invasion of another sovereign country.

Tell you what..... you lead the charge with your "The Sword" and see how many follow.

"wrong elements" indeed....

[edit on 13-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
That's all we'd need... Millions of illegals turning into refugees... Perfect, there's Obama's comprehensive immigration reform...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well given the history between the 2 countries, the last time we played Cowboys and Mexicans they lost.

I think the better fight would be Canada and Mexico.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
To answer your question, could the US invade mexico........
Yes our military could do it with ease, that is if we werent tied up with Iraq, or Afgan. Most certainly it could be accomplished. With our technology, and firepower, it would be over fairly quickly. We could also hold it forever if we were going in to occupy it too.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

heh. Well, maybe the U.S. could successfully invade Mexico. The aftermath would be a problem, for sure. Why invade Mexico, though? What does Mexico have that the U.S. already doesn't have? Mexicans? Tequila? Tacos? Cute fat chicks? My apologies...for that last one.

Meanwhile, I go back to a statement I made on another thread, and alter it a bit: No need to invade. Mexico will be assimilated.

More: Or the U.S. will be assimilated. Yes, the NAU.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I told you all the answer to the immigration problem- make them all citizens -
then reinstate the draft- then to escape the draft ,they can go to mexico.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join