It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA: Wikileaks may have up to 750,000 classified documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Former director of the CIA General Michael Hayden has told the BBC that the shift to sharing intelligence after the 11 September attacks made a leak of tens of thousands of secret US military documents "inevitable" - and it could happen again.

The website Wikileaks published the documents a fortnight ago, but in a special report, the BBC's Nick Childs was told it could have 750,000 other classified documents it has not yet published.

That is a ton of documents. Does anyone think that the CIA knows exactly what types of files wikileaks has? What about the insurance file on their website? Anyone with computer knowledge that can guess how many megabytes 750,000 documents would take to store in a file?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
but will they leak anything that will cause debate in america? in the politics? will they leak anything that will actually do something?

will any of these documents have any importance at all in society?

they will get their 15 minutes of fame on the tv most likely, 'wikileaks leaks documents'

but will they be successful in leaking something that actually stirrs up the country???? WILL THEY??

i am convinced they are a distraction meant to deviate conspiracy theorists from true conspiracies, wether they are indeed connected somehow to the CIA, ( which has been brought up many times in the past, just use the search engine and see ) i don't know, but they sure don't release anything that has any effect on the corruption in america now

[edit on 8/13/2010 by indigothefish]

[edit on 8/13/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I agree that classified documents somehow do nothing to change the course of what the government wants to do. 750,000 documents though could do it. I think they need to release everything they have sooner than later.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Former director of the CIA General Michael Hayden has told the BBC that the shift to sharing intelligence after the 11 September attacks made a leak of tens of thousands of secret US military documents "inevitable" - and it could happen again.

Is this a partial admission that the creation of a Department of Homeland Security and the sharing of intelligence among multiple agencies was a mistake? Especially in light of recent reports that there are more than 1,200 intelligence agencies now operating out of DC? How can they NOT lose classified material?

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Blackmarketeer]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

i am convinced they are a distraction meant to deviate conspiracy theorists from true conspiracies, wether they are indeed connected somehow to the CIA, ( which has been brought up many times in the past, just use the search engine and see ) i don't know, but they sure don't release anything that has any effect on the corruption in america now

You know, that will probably be a tactic they'll use, flood Wikileaks with so many phony "classified documents" from some anonymous tipster and bury any legit classified docs leaked to them. Who would have time to sit there and sift through it all?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hello There!

Maybe Julian Assange starting presidential campaign of this way...????

Peace,
e

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

That would be a good tactic. Criticize wikileaks for releasing documents without reading through them. Threaten legal action. Then flood them with so many off the wall reports containing no real ground breaking material. Make them read through it all under fear of making a mistake. That could work.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

i am convinced that none of the things they leak are 'faked'

however

out of these thousands of documents to leaked, will at least one spurr a change in a corrupt function of our government, will at least one alter a corrupt bill, will at least one corrupt person in office lose their job

the answer sadly is none of these things or anything close will happen, sure wikileaks will get it's 15 minutes of fame on the mainstream news, but the corrupt government machine we call america will continue it's plans UNALTERED

and i say this after each post i make about my opinions regarding wikileaks: if anyone from wikileaks is reading, prove me wrong

since their debut they have done nothing but prove me they are a distraction, their whole operation is under suspect in my opinion until they prove me wrong

[edit on 8/14/2010 by indigothefish]

[edit on 8/14/2010 by indigothefish]

top topics

join