It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Scientists Speed Up Evolution, Aim To Sell Technology to DuPont

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
IMagine this, the makers of teflon involved in genetics. NOT GOOD! teflon is toxic to humans and animals, it has no business being ina frying pan* let alone engine oil additives. it falkes off over time, then you ingest it : X
sounds like the professors at harvard are a bnch of sellouts, selling thier genetic mutations to the highest bidder to make a buck* make me think the health care industry is lame and not in it for our best interests*
playing god* outside of eating the fruit from the garden of eden is the 2 things you are forbidden form doing..anyone with a soul at least*

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

You need to check the dooms day clock, I think it's a little closer to midnight, than before.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

If what they say is true how long will it take for it to crawl up out of the petri dish and sprout legs?

[edit on 13-8-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'll let the experts tell me what I need to worry about.

I see the potential in this process for increasing advances in science and medicine.

They ARE licensing this technology and there are NO controls on something like this. Once the genie is out, it's done. So, instead of saying that we need to outlaw or restrict this tech, we need to stay ahead of people that will use it for harm.

Restricting something doesn't make it less dangerous. It just means that the criminals will have it and legitimate researchers who could help prevent disaster won't.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm currently in the process of writing some sort of a science-fiction novel about zombies. And when I first began writing it. I had already planned to have something exactly like THIS described in the novel as sort of a back-story to it. Weird how things work.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Funny how most people, when they hear of something like this - think right away it will be used for some bad purpose.. like population control? Using an invention like this for a green light on more police state laws is what is really scary though..

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Funny how most people, when they hear of something like this - think right away it will be used for some bad purpose.. like population control? Using an invention like this for a green light on more police state laws is what is really scary though..

Oh yeah. And police-state laws plus dwindling economy. That was also part of my novel. lol. Most of my inspiration I draw from reading about things on this website here + infowars.

[edit on 8/13/10 by Marked One]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
-Along the lines of what xxcaliber alluded to in the quotes from
star trek above, this will result in grave errors and
completely unanticipated mutations because, like most
of science (especially western), we never take into account,
the *energy matrix* that makes up life itself, let alone allows life to
exist.

-nor do we ever take into account *where we are* in the cycle
of that energy matrix. (*we* as in the solar system inside our galaxy)

-as many know, this energy matrix is fast becoming common
knowledge and now being proven by empirical science.

If i may offer a snippet from a Russian paper that illustrates
this in more than one way..

Paper Title:
DNA Can be influenced and reprogrammed by words and frequencies Russian DNA Discoveries by Grazyna Fosar and Franz Bludorf

They found that the alkalines of our DNA follow a regular grammar and do have set rules just like our languages. So human languages did not appear coincidentally but are a reflection of our inherent DNA.

The Russian biophysicist and molecular biologist Pjotr Garjajev and his colleagues also explored the vibrational behavior of the DNA. [For the sake of brevity I will give only a summary here. For further exploration please refer to the appendix at the end of this article.] The bottom line was: "Living chromosomes function just like solitonic/holographic computers using the endogenous DNA laser radiation." This means that they managed for example to modulate certain frequency patterns onto a laser ray and with it influenced the DNA frequency and thus the genetic information itself. Since the basic structure of DNA-alkaline pairs and of language (as explained earlier) are of the same structure, no DNA decoding is necessary. One can simply use words and sentences of the human language! This, too, was experimentally proven! Living DNA substance (in living tissue, not in vitro) will always react to language-modulated laser rays and even to radio waves, if the proper frequencies are being used.

Link: Link to Full Paper

Those with unimpeded minds can easily extrapolate the gravity
of what the above implies on many, many levels.

(also, presents another good reason not to step into those terahertz
scanning machines being spammed in airports)

Just for starters Genetic/DNA experiments performed near or on the
Earth's energy grid (Vile Vortices) could very well have vastly different
results than if the same experiments were performed far away
from these energy fields.

Add in the the energy wave for which the 2012 "event" is really
all about, -whose peak is fast approaching our solar system,
-and one could make a strong case as to why *any genetic experiments*
are shear lunacy in the long term in light of this new/old evidence.

-just thought i'd add this "evidence" into the record, for good measure
and contemplation, of course.

-s

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by soundwash

How can empirical science does not show up on a simple Google search?
www.google.com...

If my name was pen, I would say BULLSH!T.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

There is all kinds of laws in effect reguarding the use of certain scientific technologies, I don't see anyone breaking these laws.
I am sure they are being broke somewhere Iran?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by soundwash

This isn't "evidence" any more than if I came up with my own theory that when I talk to plants, those words make the plants grow stronger...

Because you see something happen, doesn't mean that there's not more complex behavior or circumstances behind it.

I can't wait for 2012 to roll around so people can get on to the next disaster once nothing happens. I'm superstitious, but some of you people are just crazy with your energy matrices and sentient earth theories...

"Genetic experiments" are what is going to enable us to live through actual problems such as starvation, solar radiation, and diseases of epic proportions. Science is the reason people do it and it's to make this world a better place for YOU and the people who will inherit this planet from us...

Short sighted Luddite behavior is what will get us killed if we're not careful. Right up there with the anti-vaccine establishment...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

I don't doubt the likely positive benefits of this technology for a host of applications, notably environmental and medical.

I have strong reservations regarding the unbridled exploitation of technology of this nature for the sake of profit.

We clearly need to be thoughtful about how to develop, liscence and rollout technology of this type and if we don't and let the corporate lobby get in front of this thing, we are going to unleash a plague.

Not to worry though. I'm sure that the pharma execs will make a killing when the new "breakthrough" hits the market. They will then sell their company stock short a bit before the consequences of the "breakthrough" are known, netting them another load of cash and then retire with their golden parachutes.

Its all good.

By the way, how about I take the vaccines they are looking to jam down my familys throats and give them to you, since you seem to so keen on them

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
How can this be news? Take a box, put in a low energy UV-light and start making mutations.

Labs have had these for maaaaany years.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
man you people need to relax. if we can speed up the evolution of the bad bacteria we can also speed up the evolution of the good. relax max the universe is always in balance regardless if you can see it or not. im actually super exited about this discovery i think the more power people get the better it is. because sooner or later the morons in power will go too far in an attempt to control the sheep and they will be forced to wake up. THEN watch TSHTF. personally i would use this on my own gene sequence to advance my own evolution. if thats how it worked which i doubt it does. then i would have evolved to a level where microbes would be as insignificant to me as a .......microbe?? lol

jokes aside technology isnt evil its the twisted minds that use it for personal gain at the cost of human lives that are evil. and even then they serve a purpose.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Hmmm......

Interesting.....

But I must say they didn't invent this on Friday the 13th.

I'll have to take a better look at this when it isn't so late...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dietsamcola
Anyone see yesterday's Futurama?
Yeah, it was awesome.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by echoslide
Wow the potential for this is amazing, waterproof cotton - I wonder if this can be expanded into the stimulation of cell growth, a limb that would normally take months to heal could be healed in days!

Hmm i'd like to think this means cheaper drugs for everyone, as this would dramatically speed up the drug production process, but knowing pharmacutical companies the prices if anything will go up

Originally posted by grahag
I love how everyone automatically assumes doom and gloom and nothing good will come of this... Just like research into nuclear fission and fusion has produced nothing good, or robotics, or genetic engineering, or in-vitro fertilization...

Luddites are amazingly good at panicking...

Carry on with the panic! Gonna get my popcorn and watch the show! *munch munch*

Shame on both of you! Don't you know it is against the rules to see the potential and probable benefits of a new technology? You should both know that when a corporation creates or gains access to a new technology that it is automatically going to be used by the NWO, or the Grays or Reptilians, or Halliburton, or the Zionists to install a police state or depopulate the Earth of all of us useless eaters, maaaaaaan. However, if the technology is too amazing, it will be controlled by "TPTB" (which as far as I can tell are the same people as They. TPTB are that shadowy group that people with weak arguments refer to when they don't actually know who they are scared of or being controlled by, but they do know they are scared of and being controlled by someone).

Sarcasm off.

Sorry, the next door neighbors dog killed our cat this morning, so I am in a pissy mood.

Anyway, this sounds pretty amazing. I am anxious to see what all comes from it; it seems like it could have unlimited potential. Hopefully down the road it can be applied to humans to help eradicate degenerative diseases and disorders.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Nikolam]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This is why society is doomed to fail. Maybe the reason we dont see any aliens around is because they opened pandoras box and screwed themself in the long run. Or maybe the 'greys' are really us but just mutated beyond belief.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join