It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this picture of/debunked/faked?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I stumbled across this picture and was wondering if anyone on here had seen it before?

I've got no information at all about this, I don't know if the picture has been photo-shopped or altered in anyway - aside from me reducing it to fit on ATS nicely.

Has this been proven fake?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe86bd1557fe.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am glad you posted this. Im guessing we will hear very shortly there is another thread on it somewhere... I know there is a video that goes with this. Ill go look. In the meantime, I am most certainly looking forward to the answers we get!
I have always wondered about this one too.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by yigsstarhouse]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Either that object is hovering or it has been photoshopped. This is because, if you observe closely, the object does not cast a shadow.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
WTF is that. I mean Really WTF is that???

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Yeah, I was thinking it might be a photo-shop - although maybe it's moving too fast to cast a shadow

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0c365c0a000.jpg[/atsimg]

Seems to be a shadow though - although that could be photoshopped too.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
CGI, Here is another

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

Case closed then.

Do you have any more information on that?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
There sure seems to be a shadow, however the way the shadow is playing off the objects apendages is totally whack. Somebody shopped in what they thought would appear as shadows, but it would be more solid and taking a diagonal with smaller lines for the arms and legs based on the angles and light source.

Im gonna say hoax, really cool picture though

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Wacky waving inflateable arm flailing tube man!

2nd line

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Not really, but both are the same creature and put on youtube by the same person.

The one by the trash cans the motion is just too smooth and the camera pans at the very end conveniently.
And how many alley cctv cams are that clear

[edit on 13-8-2010 by remymartin]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I agree w/ everyone saying it's CGI - I just wanted to say if I hadn't seen the ally cam, I wouldn't have dismissed it as CGI so quickly. The lights seem to be in the proper position for the shadows cast, so this guys mistake was definately making a video instead of being satisfied w/ a freeze frame.
[im][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1586a3fc90e0.png[/atsimg][/im]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Here is another reason it doesn't make sense.

See that car coming head on towards it?

Yeah well thats a freeway, where people drive pretty fast.

The car would have slammed into the creature obviously.

But that never happened did it?

So I don't think its real based purely on that.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The video

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by QuestionTheGovernment

Ohhh touche'.

It barely missed that car.

I didn't realize it was that fast.

Well than, you hath debunked my POV.

Good work.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Interesting video, not sure if its cgi but I did notice once the creature runs in front of the vehicle, it casts a shadow caused by the headlights.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
at first i was thinking deer, but the more i watched the video, pausing it, the more it looks like a freakin kangaroo.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think it moves like CGI. The shadow doesn't look right as the oncoming car's headlights hit it. The angle of view from the camera doesn't look steep enough...traffic cameras where I live are on high pylons on the bridge.

Also, I'm just guessing, but I'd expect a time stamp and bridge or exit ID on the footage. 'Wessex Way Northbound' is a long dual-carriageway with multiple exits, you'd expect them to be able to know which exit camera they were looking at?

Last time this video came around on ATS I think it was identified as a greyhound. If it isn't CGI, that critter isn't a greyhound or even an Irish Wolfhound. It's a badass creature from the darkside.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
watch it bounce when it clears the median and hops into the street light light.
kangaroo.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
on top of the CGI possibility, you guys have got to think about what you would've done if you were the DRIVER of that vehicle.

i know how i begin evasive maneuvers when i have close calls with deer on backroads. imagine what you would've done moving at 60mph+ on the E-way and seen that thing cross in front of you. 1 of 2 things: swerve right, or break your brake pedal and leave an imprint in the floor board!!!

this car never even slowed. fake?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

the driver was probably texting, and never even saw it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join