It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal groups push to exploit Target backlash

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Liberal groups push to exploit Target backlash

finance.yahoo.com

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Protesters have been rallying outside Target Corp. or its stores almost daily since the retailer angered gay rights supporters and progressives by giving money to help a conservative Republican gubernatorial candidate in Minnesota. Liberal groups are pushing to make an example of the company, hoping its woes will deter other businesses from putting their corporate funds into elections.

A national gay rights group is negotiating with Target officials, demanding that the firm balance the scale by making comparable donations to benefit candidates it favors. Meanwhile, t
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.yourchristianspace.com
www.gaylesbiantimes.com
www.wnd.com
www.wnd.com

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What is it with these liberal groups that it's OK for a company to contribute for their cause but protests with boycotts when companies oppose them? Besides, Target doesn't oppose gay rights. They fully support them along with 259 others.

It's a one way street with these people. They have the same rights as anyone else.

I'm so sick and tired of their agenda, I don't even know why I'm posting this.

finance.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

I recently had a couple of gay rights proponents on another ATS thread attack me for mentioning "the gay agenda", and then they claimed there was no such thing.

Here's the proof that a gay political agenda does exist and is out there trying to affect - in the case of Target perhaps extort is a better word - business and politics near you.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a "Gay Agenda".
So now a very small minority of people wanting the same marriage rights as others are a part of an agenda. That's very smart of you for saying that.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Here's the proof that a gay political agenda does exist and is out there trying to affect - in the case of Target perhaps extort is a better word - business and politics near you.

And an anti-gay political agenda exists, with groups such as the AFA trying to extort via boycotts. Pepsi, Ford, McDonald's & Home Depot are just a few of the groups that the "American Family Association" has tried (and failed) to extort.

But keep pretending it's only the "gay agenda" that's out there.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
What is it with these liberal groups that it's OK for a company to contribute for their cause but protests with boycotts when companies oppose them?

This can be said about anyone can it not?

Conservative groups promote those who they agree with and protest those who don't.
Anarchist groups protest everything.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
There is no such thing as a "Gay Agenda".
So now a very small minority of people wanting the same marriage rights as others are a part of an agenda. That's very smart of you for saying that.

Somehow this "very small minority" is managing to organize protests at Target stores across the country because Target dares to have a different opinion.

A gay political agenda does exist -even if you'd like to pretend otherwise based on your own personal agenda.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

What about the civil rights movements? All movements for workers as well. Do you see these as political agenda movements?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yeah this is stupid. extortion is right. I mean they are not allowed to discriminate who they sell to, nor hire. So how can gays/leftists be offended, its called personal liberty who one supports as a candidate. I think this has something to do with hedging off candidates who dont support gay marriage, frankly i personaly dont care if gays want to marry, i dont care if pot heads want to get stoned, its protected by the bill of rights and we are supposed to have a republic which protects the minority, not a democracy where 2 wolves vote to eat the sheep. Voting on gay rights to me is a non issue because of this.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

What about the civil rights movements? All movements for workers as well. Do you see these as political agenda movements?

Well,
if any group is actively involved in lobbying elected representatives to get them to vote their way, how could you not call that a political agenda?

Never said there aren't other groups with political agendas. Just pointing out that the OP is an example of the gay political agenda.

Why do YOU get your panties in a wad whenever someone talks about a gay political agenda or gay issues in general?

[edit on 8/13/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Because I can and I will comment when I'm board. I have 2 cents that I'm not afraid to use at this time.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm torn.

On the one hand, I'm tired of the gay rights groups. They are not entitled to demand that others support them, any more than others are entitled to demand that. How about rights for left-handers?

On the other hand, while I feel sorry for Target here, the general principle that corporate money is bad in politics is a good one. So any limitation of corporate ability to influence elections is a good thing.

It's a bad case that in this case I don't see Target's influence as particularly obnoxious. But overall I guess I should hope the gays win this, but not until it goes to a legal challenge. I hope Target fights this in court, and loses. That way there's a precedent to force other corporations to neuter their influence generally.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Because I can and I will comment when I'm board. I have 2 cents that I'm not afraid to use at this time.

OK, noted that you are only posting when you are bored, and so what you say will be viewed accordingly.

I, on the other hand, am usually quite serious about what I post.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Though I do honestly hate partisan bickering, since Obama came into power all the rats came out, liberals who........ ARGHHHHH.. are so DUMB!!!!

Most of the bailout and stimulus money went to foreign companies and banks and to auto dealers who decided to use that money in offshoring and despite that, the only thing these liberals can do is protest a store giving money to something they don't agree with??????

These people are the dumbest people on the face of this planet BAR NONE!
I'm sorry but extremists are more intelligent than these people, at least extremism stems from extreme environments but these people live in the U.S. and complete idiots!

If I was at this store I would give these creeps a piece of my mind and then a piece of my fist!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Well then you can do that. No one is stopping you at posting here. Do you need for someone to protest your rights with you? You are only a very small minority.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Of course it can be said of any group. It's long been accepted that a couple is male and female. When a child sees a man and women showing affection in public, such as holding hands or hugging, they don't think much of it because this type of behavior is displayed in the home.

When a child sees two men or two women smooching on each other publicly, which is what the homosexuals want, the child is then traumatized. Homosexuals couldn't care less about the trauma inflicted on children as long as they can openly display acts that are contrary to nature.

I dare anyone to read this article: The Gay Agenda. It's all in here. The primary goals of the homosexual community.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You are only a very small minority.

Big mistake on your part to think and say that. The tiny minority is what you belong to.

source

Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.

To measure political ideology, Gallup asks Americans to say whether their political views are very conservative, conservative, moderate, liberal, or very liberal. As has been the case each year since 1992, very few Americans define themselves at the extremes of the political spectrum. Just 9% call themselves "very conservative" and 5% "very liberal." The vast majority of self-described liberals and conservatives identify with the unmodified form of their chosen label.

So, I'm guessing that you would belong to the around 5% that considers themselves very liberal out of the only 21% that considers themselves liberal at all.

Suggestion for you. Next time you are bored, do the research before you post.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Alright I will. I have a question to ask you about Rome and the U.S. if you don't mind me asking. I'm going to send you a U2U.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
reply to post by eNumbra

When a child sees two men or two women smooching on each other publicly, which is what the homosexuals want, the child is then traumatized. Homosexuals couldn't care less about the trauma inflicted on children as long as they can openly display acts that are contrary to nature.

Why won't anyone think of the children!? The poor traumatized children!

There is homosexual coupling throughout the animal kingdom; therefore, homosexuality is not actually contrary to nature, just a judeo-christian belief. In nature, hetero-sexual coupling has little to do with love and the soul and marriage, it is simply a tool for reproduction.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

It's obvious you are against same sex marriage let me ask you something I was curious about.

If same sex marriage is such a terrible thing, and ruins marriage, then why is divorce legal?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join