It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF soldier attacks Peace Now activists in Tel Aviv

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Tens of activists from Peace Now, which advocates a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, gathered at Tel Aviv's Arlozorov Train Station Friday morning and handed out stickers and flyers to people passing by. A soldier from the Israel Defense Force's Givati Bridade approached the group and began tearing down posters that the activists had put up. When the activists tried to calm the soldier down, he attacked them physically as well as with stones. Police arrived on the scene and attempted to subdue the soldier.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
<
Source: www.haaretz.com...

The actions of a soldier on leave does not represent the IDF army's views. But it shed the light on the dangers of radicalization from all factions. That soldier should learn freedom of speech and other laws if he wants to protect his country and restore the fading image of Israel on the international scene.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Man, did you read some of the comments at the bottom of this story?

"Peace now!" is a secret code for "launch rockets now!" IDF should shoot them all.

This soldier should be set free....he is absolutely right... he has been fighting to save Israel... NOT destroy Iisrael

More soldiers (and citizens) like this are needed. Let this bunch of leftist lunatics and potential traitors to know what most Israelis think about them.

All decent people should defend the Land of Israel against these traitors. They defile the land by their presence. The solidier should be commended.

He did an outstanding job,it shows how much he cares about his country,Israel protect your soldiers. LOVE ISRAEL

Peace now is a joke on liberty and the Nation of ISrael. Wish the entire population would smack the&^(*&% out of them.

Wow. So palestinians throwing rocks and hurting innocent people = terrorist but IDF soldier throwing rocks and hurting innocent people = hero of Israel in some people's eye.

The Palestinians throwing rocks and hurting people to protect their country are also heros in some of their people's eyes. Israelis are no different to Palestinians. If both sides actually woke up and realised this.......Although with Israel doing the occupying it's more people on their side waking up we need to happen to fix this.

Why can't some people see that violence is ALWAYS WRONG under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Those kind of comments really depress me... and to think they are the most influencial lobby in the US and receives a lot of money too... troubling.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It's strange this thread hasn't had more attention. If this had been a story of a palestinian attacking innocent people and throwing rocks we would have loads of pro- and anti- everything people on here. I guess when it's an Israeli soldier doing it no one cares....

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Because it's a true news story.

Recently, newcomers rushes to scaremongering and false stories without verifying it. I will not start to make stuff up for my "ratings". I refuse to become the new Fox News!

ATS admins, do something!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Too much propaganda coming from middle-east activists for me to believe anything like this.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hey, I'm a newcomer and I've rushed here as soon as I saw it.

No but seriously, I really do find those types of comments terrible. I'm glad you posted some of them in this thread, Nammu, star for you.

I find a lot of those comments on a lot of media sites as well, in the US, the UK and here in Germany. Sure it's a sign of the times of how people are naturally belligerent but it makes me sad whenever I read it.

I just wish there was a mainstream system for people to read factual first hand reports rather than simplified news articles from the MSN. Sadly, everyone prefers the entertainment value gained from the news.

Rant completed.

As for Israel, I don't have all the facts. I will write my friend there to see what the situation is like from his eyes.

But despite the fact that there are a lot of unknowns, there's sufficient cause to worry.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well, that soldier obviously hates Jewish folks or he wouldn't be beating on them.
Funny, no one seems to hurt Jews and treat them with more intolerance then Zionists do.
then they run around pointing the "description finger" at everyone else to deflect the blame.

new topics

top topics

join