It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Issues Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hello folks,

Did I miss the memo?

I don't remember seeing a thread announcing this new forum. Or has it been here the whole time and I've never noticed?

Was it renamed?

Keeper is confused..

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Apparently it's been here for a while -- a lot longer than I have, anyway. But I only just noticed it the other day, too

Here's the introduction thread in the Social Issues Forum, which GradyPhilpott wrote on July 15, 2006!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thanks,

Perhaps it was "gone" and then made a re-appearence?

Mods, throw me a bone here.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It is an old forum from the old Above Politics board. The staff lobbied to have it returned to active duty, as it covers a lot of topical subjects that pop up on ATS, that really didn't have a home of their own. They would get tossed into Other Current Events or New World Order or General Conspiracy when their real home was Social Issues.

So we asked really nicely for a while for it to be returned to service and SO finally got to it recently.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Ah! Thank you friend.

That makes sense, after looking through the topics it's actually one of my favorite boards based on the little bit of content I've gotten into.

I'm gonna start looking for stuff to post in there...

Any 2010 update while I've got you on the line GAO?

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

That makes sense, after looking through the topics it's actually one of my favorite boards based on the little bit of content I've gotten into.

It was one of my favs as well as well as many of the staff, hence the behind the scenes lobby from the staff for it to return.

Any 2010 update while I've got you on the line GAO?

~Keeper

Ummm...... soon.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

You know, I expected that response for the 2010. I'll leave it that lol.

So I have to ask, what kind of things are we putting in the social issues forum, is there a specific guideline, or just things that generally don't fit the "conspiracy" category?

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Nothing hard and fast as far as subjects go.

The more obvious ones like abortion issues, gender equality, gay rights, many of the police corruption type threads would belong there as well. The subjects can have a conspiratorial aspect to them, they just have to a have a few other criteria as well.

You want some great reading, check out the stickied thread in the forum "Best of Social Issues". Not only great material, it will give ya an idea of what the forum is about.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
You want some great reading, check out the stickied thread in the forum "Best of Social Issues". Not only great material, it will give ya an idea of what the forum is about.

The links in that thread seem to be still directed at politics.abovetopsecret.com and end up in errors

Still useful to get an idea of what topics the forum's about, but it would be nice to be able to look through some of the old threads.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Only one problem the Social Issues forum isn't visible on the boards home page so how are we spouse to access it ?

Cheers xpert11.

new topics

top topics

join