It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible alien abduction experience?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I want to share an experience I had when I was about 5 or 6 years old. Before I get into the nuts and bolts of the experience itself, I'd like to share a little background. My hope for this thread is that someone with a LOT more experience with the so called "abduction" phenomenon can help explain what may have happened to me as a child.

I was born in 1969 in Seattle Washington. My dad was a Naval Air man, and my mom was a beautician and homemaker. We lived for about a year in Bothel, Washington, before relocating to Sacramento, California for 2 or 3 years. My parents eventually moved back down to Southern California, where they had both been raised and attended school. Shortly thereafter, they divorced.

At the time of my experience, I was 5 or 6 years old. I don't remember exactly when the experience occurred, by I know we lived in a double wide mobile home, on a mature lot, in Westminster, California. I had one sibling, and we shared a room and a set of bunk beds. She was about 2 and a half years younger than I. My sister later died when I was 13 years old. She had suffered from childhood Leukaemia for approximately 9 months before she passed.

I have wrote about this experience before, but I have never sought fame, money or recognition for my experiences. I am told that, as a child, I was a "deep thinker", and that I spent a lot of time drawing and "making up stories". My grandmother saved a drawer full of these drawings and my mother saved them for me, after my grandmothers death in 1998. Last year, she shared them with me for the first time. There are literally hundreds of pictures, many depicting "alien" creatures, and spaceships. My spaceship drawings were generally done on large sheets of cheap paper, and most represent side or "cut away" views of a large craft, with multiple decks and discrete areas. Most depict a large arboreum or garden sphere in the center of the craft with entry and exit points to multiple decks or levels. There are also dozens of pictures of what appear to be cut-away or side view drawings of huge underground bases, with areas large enough to house multiple crafts, some as large as modern air craft carriers.

I have no memory of an experience before the one I am about to relate. I have experienced multiple events afterward. My experiences stopped at the age of 21, and did not resume until this year. I am not certain if any of these events are "real" in the sense that they actually occurred outside of my own imagination. I will concede that it is possible that they represent something other than an alien abduction. In fact -- they may represent some other form of trauma or abuse, or they may simply be the result of a highly active imagination. My biological father has a history of multiple personality disorder, related to what he describes as ritualistic abuse, uncovered during treatment in the early 1990's.

On the night in question, I was asleep in my bunk, and I awoke sometime after 3pm. I remember sensing a presence in my room, and I rolled over to see who it was. Standing before me was a tiny man. My memories of him are dimmed slightly, but -- in my mind's eye -- I see an "old man", about 4 feet tall. I also remember being terrified, and trying to cry out, but I was unable to speak, and couldn't move or make any sounds, whatsoever. I don't recall much else beyond a vivid memory, connected to this event, of being held upright, but unable to move normally. It seemed as if I was stuck or held, and I couldn't make my legs or arms work fast enough to free myself. I also recall a color, like amber, which permeated everything and it made me want to shut my eyes tight.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There are two other events that happened, of which I recall some detail. The first was of being lost in a national park for an entire afternoon, when I was 8 years old. The second occurred when I was 11 or 12. I was with a group of boy scouts at a jamboree and for some reason, I ran away. I remember walking for miles, and then waking up in a hospital, where I spent 4 days being treated for an "allergy". My mother denies that this event ever took place.

I am most interested in hearing from anyone who may have experienced similar events, or who have studied or researched early childhood cases such as mine.

Thanks for reading,
--Oz

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
probably rape, the brain can protect you from that

if you think in a scientific explanation off course, if you are trying to find supernatural, you can, the brain is a powerful tool

other thing possible it may have been just a dream, but it was so strong you can even remember ...

probably the brain trying to shield you from something traumatic that happened

but hey, I am not saying that its not possible you were abducted, but if aliens did do that to you, you probably wouldnt remember it = if they have tech to get here, to abduct people without being noticed, why they wouldnt have tech to make you simply not remember anything?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

That is definitely a possibility. My father claims as much, though he wasn't around at the time of the first incident.

I am not claiming anything, one way or another. I am open to the idea that it might have been abuse related, but I am also open to the idea that my fathers abuse related memories are 'something else' as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a lot of people use hypnotism or some tecnnique like that to find out what really happened to them

but if I were u, I wouldnt do it ... lets be real, its much better to just forget bad things and move on

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Thriller night, was Michael right?

I think there is something to those night terrors, I have had many similar experiences as you. Both me and my sibling have seen and felt the agony of not being able to move. It happens to a lot of people, but some just pass it off as sleep paralysis.

I believe you.

If it happens again, just pray. Say whatever you feel you need to say, the only thing that can fight the demons is LOVE!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
a lot of people use hypnotism or some tecnnique like that to find out what really happened to them

but if I were u, I wouldnt do it ... lets be real, its much better to just forget bad things and move on

The brain doesn't do a very good job of just "forgetting" things. I think that is an extraordinarily bad idea, to just let it go. It will still be there in your subconscious whether or not you're aware of it. These things can eat away at you from the inside, and the longer you go without facing these events, the more damage they can do.

I'd recommend getting regression therapy ASAP.

Also if I could get a bit of clarification - "That is definitely a possibility. My father claims as much, though he wasn't around at the time of the first incident. "

Are you saying that your father thinks you were raped at that age?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

demons?

come on, if you really believe in something, your brain may be able to create them

so, I wouldnt think about it in this way hahaha

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

No, not at all. I am sorry about the misunderstanding.

My father claims that he went through regression therapy to treat his MPD, and that his problems stem from ritualistic childhood abuse, which -- I assume means rape of some kind or another.

For the record, I am not sure what to think of the ritualistic abuse claim. I want to believe my dad, of course, but it's hard to square his claims with my own experiences of my grandparents.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Ozy, Are just as puzzled as I am? Confused if what happened or a set of events which happened did ever took place or not?

I had a set of experiences, which on one hand were too bizzare to believe and on the other hand they were too real to be ignored!!

Have you ever experienced that you were lying on the bed, you know are not going to fall asleep, because, you are'nt tired at all, and all of a sudden some loud eerie noises ring in your ears? and you see an amber coloured whirl pool?
And you know what I did when many a times I had this? I took a long breath and use every ounce of energy in my body to shake off and move atleast one part of my body at a time. And then in few seconds am out of it!!

I have experienced something of a different kind my friend! People say I have a very sharp memory, I could remember events with minutest details.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
yeah i would say you got raped

[edit on 13-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Karthik1981

That is pretty strange. I haven't heard the noise you describe, but the amber light is something I have experienced at least 3 times, along with overwhelming paralysis.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Well, this thread went in an interesting direction before it died.

I am not sure what I expected, but this probably wasn't it.

I am open to the idea, I suppose. In other words, it doesn't fill me with dread or anger like it might have 20 years ago. I have no idea what I could "do about it", even if it were true.

None of this explains the drawer full of cut-away diagrams of massive spaceships or underground bases. I was honestly astounded when my mom showed them to me. I barely remember creating them. In fact -- it's almost like a memory of a book I read or a movie I saw. I feel no connection to the drawings myself, which is odd, as other things I created later, such as songs, stories, and so forth, still give me the mini-charge of recognition and satisfaction.

Thanks for looking, those of you who did. I am not saying you were / are right, as I have no memory of such a thing happening beyond what I related here.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Hello Oz,

I don't know what happened to you. Regression therapy, as mentioned by Son of Will, might be a good idea but it is a very personal choice. Things have happened to me and I did envision hypnotherapy. I changed my mind. Things that need to resurface do, things that don't, well, I can only speak for myself, perhaps there are reasons for them not to resurface. I cope with it. I understand this isn't much help. I guess that what I am trying to say is that... you are not alone.

Be well.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thank you, sir.

I frankly wouldn't even know where to start (with the regression therapy) and probably couldn't afford it if I did.

Nothing ventured, and nothing lost. I remain as open to the universe as I was before, except now I am open to a possibility that -- 20 years ago -- would have probably destroyed me.

All is well.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Could you scan these pictures you drew and make an online album so we can look at what your drew?

Probably would help to see.

Also here is a link to my experience.... this is one of many as well.

vivid experience last night

[edit on 8/21/2010 by FoxStriker]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

That's a great idea. Sadly I did not think of it when my family and I were visiting a couple of months ago. I might be able to get her to send me "her favorites", or talk her into bringing the drawer when they come to visit my kids in September. I am sorry I can't do that right away. That would be kind of cool.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
same stuff happened to me a few weeks ago. ill post about it later.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sure, drop a link, I'd love to read about your experience.

Was it a creepy little hairy man? (like a Gnome?) Just curious.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

No. Heres the story though.

Im at a friends house, we finally crash after being up for 30 hours. I know his dad leaves for work about 5:30am, so when i wake up at 4:00am to hear a screeching noise and my friends dog going crazy im just scared as hell, then after a bit, the screeching fades away and the house alarm goes off, and i hear his dad get up and turn the alarm off because none of the doors were open, as he said. But after he went back to bed, i hear light footsteps in the hall and i freeze up. The door to the room opens slowly, and i literally feel the being enter, but i cant see it because my eyes are feeling as if theyre glued shut. After a few minutes of jabby pains in my arm and leg, and some flashes of light, the strange presence leaves the room through the window, which is left wide open. As soon as i can move i try to wallow, but it feels like theres cotton stuck in my throat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join