It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please stop calling any possible future conflict "WWIII".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I’m getting tired of these posts (and there have been many) over the past few years that keep warning of WWIII and when it will begin. As though, no thought required, we are not currently enduring the ramifications of WWIII.

Fear mongers, other motivators, and the not too well informed opening posts to threads that mention WWIII as though it is something of the future and we are on the cusp of it’s beginning, I say you are more than a few years too late to the discussion, and possibly in a state of denial as to the reality of things. But, I humbly reserve the right to claim I may be totally mistaken pending further information my experiences provide me with, and perspectives I may gather from future analysis of past experiences as well.
BREAKING NEWS:

GLOBAL War On Terror

My fellow Peoples,
I think Global = World.

Don’t they mean the same thing? And aren’t more countries involved, affected, and infected in this conflict than in WWI or WWII?

I’m thinking there must have been some marketing geniuses available for hire when they made a choice to call this war what it was called, in order to ease the masses as to the connotations we may gather from the this global conflict being called WWIII

My summary of our current situation is:
We are currently involved in WWIII. They don’t have to tell us we are in WWIII, nor do they need to tell us when we are under some version of Marshal Law, either. But I’ll save that portion of my opinion maker for another thread, perhaps.
Maybe you see it differently, but this is my:

thanks for sharing your thoughts and following along with my rant,
et

p.s.
"No! Not here. Not in this place. Not on our board."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Are you also sick of seeing every store on Iran become proof that US will attack Iran in the next week?

Been seeing that for the past 3-4 years now..

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

So what you're saying is that we should be referring to the next big worldwide war as WW IV?

I'll make a note of that for my files.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The Cold War was global and thus it was WW3.

The War on Terror is WW4.

The next war will be WW5.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The Cold War was global and thus it was WW3.

The War on Terror is WW4.

The next war will be WW5.

Dang it!

Now I need to update my files again.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Guess what it won't be WWIII until tptb decide to go all out and call it such.

Remember the first world war was referred to as the Great War until WWII.

Here is the likely line-up as historians in 2100 will view it:

WWII
Cold War
Persian Gulf War I (91)
Persian Gulf War II (03-10)
Middle East War (11-14)
WW III (15)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

are you in Iran?

personally i entertain the idea that we are in some sort of united nations' social engineering world tolerance promoting machine.

but some of the other posters here make some good points, also.

I think when any group of nations chooses to call any group effort or collaborative military operation a "Global War" on anything, it is a world war on something.

my point is this:
There are many posts and many posters still alluding to a possible future conflict as being "WWIII", which would set the standard at a global level, and multi-national level, that global is no longer synonymous with world. and that could be construde by me as being .... dissinformation.

either a war that extends across global reaches in so many aspects, across so many nations, is a world war, or it is not a global war.

all i am saying to fellow ATSers is:
Please stop warning ATSers of an upcoming WWIII
because it already started.

Or, force me to believe that "globe" and "global" are not synonymous with "world".

thanks,
et

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
..so, whois the suspected player in this WW5 ?
Will NK, SK and Japan included also ?

Uhhh please update and educate us all on about this

(Need to update my files too)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RainCloud

i was unnaware the north korean and south korean war ever came to an official end. i thought it was ended as an armistice.
en.wikipedia.org...

amistice means the war was never ended nor reconciled:
www.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Sounds like a cool way to think about it to me. However, I'm sure there's other people who could come up with even more global events that have happened and the next thing you know, we are suddenly heading into WWMMXXII.. Oh crap, this must be a message from the universe. 2012. The uber World War!!

Just about anything that happens now, happens to us all. After all, this is the Global Economy I was taught to embrace in business classes.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Actually, all of the WWs (World Wars) have been misnamed. Before what is currently known as WWI, there were actually at least three (III) World Wars that were forgotten in the extreme past.

The history and chronicles of these (at least) three (III) wars were lost during the Dark Ages, and with the burning of several important libraries, including the Library of Alexandria.

The following is a chronicle of those wars (very brief):

WWI resulted from the introduction of alien DNA from a comet or meteor that exploded in the high atmosphere, peppering the central Asian with red rain*. *google Red Rain. This rain infected that region, causing the people in that area to go mad and attack in every direction.

WWII culminated with the Fall of Atlantis.

WWIII involved a struggle against the giants that survived the flood caused the the Fall of Atlantis.

WWIV is what we know as WWI.

WWV is what we know as WWII.

WWVI is the Cold War. However, what we "know" about the Cold War is entirely false, as the entire operation was an enormous facade constructed to allow public acceptance of the prolific nuclear armament necessary to DETER an "unknown" enemy from inside the Hollow Earth (why do you think the Arctic Circle was surrounded by extensive radar networks and nuclear weapons?). --Not for the reasons we have been taught. To this day, WWVI is a stand-off. They upset us, and then there are underground nuclear explosions.

WWVII is the Global War on Terrorism.

So, the next war will be WWVIII, which will involved genetically modified and nanotech-enhanced CHIMERA monstrosities created in labs private corporate labs funded by the world elite. If the world survives, the final chapter in the triple trilogy of world wars will result in...

WWIX: Remnant nanobots will "animate" the corpses of the fallen and create a global, wired network of nano-zombies; they will try to defeat the last bits of humanity. Should we survive, which I believe we will, the survivors will use RELIGION to stiffle scientific advancement to prevent this cycle from repeating itself again and again.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
---sorry for the typos!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
What DO you mean? ALL the signs are RIGHT THERE in from of you EVERY day! Flooding everywhere. Korea's in the news. There's earthquakes EVERYWHERE! Iran's digging graves. There was a halo over Russia! There's military activity at US bases! Nirburu's warming up all the planets! China's doing something too. There's a heat wave and wildfires and Saudi's got a big clock and famine and pestilence and military buildup on Russian borders and disease and WAR and NONE of this has EVER happened before!!! And it's gotta be WWIII because it's PERFECT timing for 2012 and the end prophec.............Wait
.....did you say WWIII or 2012? Oh, umm.....nevermind, they're one in the same.....I KNOW it.....it's GOTTA be............Uhh.......ok, sarcasm off.

With all the sensationalized UFO stories, ambiguous threads and everything else I can't think of I sincerely hope your wish would come true although it's a pipe dream at best IMO. A star for trying and a flag to get the word out. Good luck!

Caveat: If I forgot something or screwed something up I blame it on waaay too many hours awake and alcohol.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

i can not refute that there is some evidence to support the idea we already live in a post-apocalyptic world, and that we (or someone) may have been "advanced" as a civilization in our distant past. perhaps the clues are in our seek writs ... secrets.... in his story .... history.

once in awhile i look at the pacific ocean and wonder which civilization made the entire pacific ocean from alaska to the southern tip of south america look like the face of our most closely related relatives, the primate.

i wonder what we did, or what someone wants us to believe we did, in some remote hidden past.

what numbers does one plug into what equasion to calculate the odds of that many thousands of miles of coastline (last mapped on earth) would so closely resemble ... us..

imagine what evolution and errosion may have taken place since this was built, unless it is totally a natural coincidence...

(i already have authored a thread on this subject)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cc76a7e44d5.png[/atsimg]

but, ya.

maybe we did "blow ourselves up" in our past conflicts, and the past deemed it necessary to withhold such information from the future, aka the present?

just some thoughts,
et

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I think that you are absolutely right! We have been in "Global War" for years. What is everyone waiting for, the MSM to print the headline "WWIII Declared!"?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

thanks jennybee35.

i think the MSM is under some level of Marshal Law.

i think: If they don't have to tell us we are in WWIII, then they don't have to tell us we are under Marshal Law, either.

and, we are paying taxes for it.

if they are controlling the information (apparently) then they are controlling communication of information (apparently), then we are subservient to some measure of marshal law, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

USA.

But I do tire of seeing threads that constantly say how the US is going to invade Iran.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am really starting to think life is so simple as i look at the complicated mess we are in....

I wake up I breath Life is good.

Thanks for the post though.....as people do need to wake up and just breath.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
the 3 world war has already started

but right now its corporations x people

and its called Information War

new topics

top topics

join