It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure what I caught.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I am not sure what it is I captured, this is the same thing that I caught the first time only it is moving south to north. all I Know is it is high up possibly above the atmosphere and extremely fast moving. I was recorded at 11:05 p.m. on August 11th. All I know is this isn't a meteor.
maybe some one better at discernment can help. I even ramped it up to 1080p to help better on the visual end.
I thank you and hope it hasn't been a waste of time.

eh I Ill go with this see if it works erg.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-8-2010 by shutterbugw]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
nothing happening here your Ufo has gone,do you have another link

link   
what the heck? I is saying malformed? after a half an hour?

link   
reply to post by shutterbugw

I'm getting a malformed video id when I try to view.

Look forward to seeing it.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I am really confused yeah,Ill try and do a work around.
www.youtube.com...
ok try the link see if that will work?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

No its a different one . This time I left the camera settings alone. I was actually trying to capture meteors last night, this thing stole the show though lol

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
you just cought your first satilite on film. lol

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Very good vid. If you want you can figure out the speed byt triangulating the stars. Because stars have know positions in space, you can figure out not only the speed but the trajectory.

If i have time i will try, but i hope someone beats me to it haha

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
real ufo or something else, not much you can really take from the video proof-wise but nice try?

If the "ufo" was more visible then your video would have more value.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by platipus]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

RATS! dog gone it, them pesky satellites I didn't realize they traveled that fast? Well back to hunting then . well at least a meteorite could have hit the satellite to make it interesting...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

My Math Stinks lol but it would be nice. Oh I greased my tripod, really helped in tracking . not as herky jerky as the last one

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shutterbugw

RATS! dog gone it, them pesky satellites I didn't realize they traveled that fast? Well back to hunting then . well at least a meteorite could have hit the satellite to make it interesting...

there is a web site you can go to that will tell you satellite coming in your area. i dont remember the name of it. at a dark night you can see them every few minuites. it looked like it went strate the whole time and it was traviling the same speed as satellites do so i would say 99% was a satellite

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yeah, that's a satelite. I really have no doubts that this is a satelite. If it turns or changes direction, other than the optical illusion of a direction change due to the curvature of the Earth, then it isn't a satelite, though what you captures, seems to be going in a straight direction.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by shutterbugw

there is a web site you can go to that will tell you satellite coming in your area. i dont remember the name of it. at a dark night you can see them every few minuites. it looked like it went strate the whole time and it was traviling the same speed as satellites do so i would say 99% was a satellite

I hear and understand you..well... at least I can track it. hmm maybe I'll have better luck with the capturing one during a meteor shower that is going to happen to night.

One thing I have noticed ever since HD Videos came out it seems that capturing a UFO is more difficult.. The zoom on this camera is remarkable though. I can zom in on house at 3-4 miles and almost look into there windows ,but, I chose not to do that. at night though the camera seems to have a weakness if I zoom in to much even after white balancing it gets real grainy, so I am trying to keep as much of the grain out. Thinking about getting an inexpensive telescope to just to rule out such things.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well what is it they say ? "Better to have tried and failed, then never to have tried at all" just have to learn from the mistake and go on and go one from there.

link   
These are some satellite tracking sites you may want to bookmark so you can check against them if you feel you captured something:

Human Space Flight - NASA

Heaven's Above

Stellarium - a virtual planetarium

link   
Howdy shutterbugw!
Try this for reference:
www.heavens-above.com...
science.nasa.gov...

Peace
* Edit To Add - Greeneyedleo posted this at the same time so pardon the redundancy.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
ah thanks for the links here is the GPS data.
N 46 16'13"
W 122 54' 47"

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
consider it a satellite unless it changes course (satellites dont turn, go in reverse, etc)...

When its directly overhead, it will seem to be going pretty fast...when its on the horizon, it will seem to slow down...thats because its just further away, so dont be fooled by that...keep an eye on surrounding stars and make sure its going in a relative straight line...then ya...if its going straight...its just your standard satellite...
you will see a bunch on a dark clear night...the slower ones are in a higher orbit, the faster being in lower of course...

Cool light show nonetheless...it is by defination a space craft...just one of ours

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
ok its a known space craft
Well, back to staring at the stars, looking forward to the meteor show coming up.
who knows maybe I'll get lucky. I hear them other beings love a good light show

Ok , so I am looking for something that goes similar to that speed then changes direction . in other words i am looking for something that changes direction or speed that in other words would sheer a normal craft to shreds or a craft that is going slow then jumps to a high speed then can stop dead. I got it.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by shutterbugw]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join