It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I Typed The 1st letter In Sign-In Box On FACEBOOK Had Multi ScreenNames &Email Address Pop Up+

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Don't freak out, its probably something small and no big deal. Just clear all browser history and cache and monitor if they come back. Your auto complete setting is on, this will clear it all out if that was why it was showing up.

Combine the above with some virus scans like avg,spybot and you should be all set.

Cool, Thanks.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowRamesses

Originally posted by alienreality
maybe to hide some crime that would only link back to your machine..

A crime, I don't do anything criminal, or the people who I know wouldn't do any types of crimes.

This is starting to get to me.

Yes I know you wouldn't nor your relatives..

What I meant is that if some person you don't know, like a computer hacker was to somehow get login information to a family computer and record login names and passwords, they could save them and later could use those --to do things from your family accounts. They could do some crime on the internet and be using your computer to do it. Or they could be using your family email accounts to send a lot of spam .. could be a lot of different things..

At the least, I would wipe all the hard drives and reinstall the operating system clean, and then change passwords to email accounts and anything else..

I came home from work once and logged in to a website like ATS and saw 3 login name choices from inline autocomplete when there should have only been one, but I knew it was my wife that had used my computer that day to login to her stuff..

If you can see all those different family logins that you recognize from past years of computer use, then the only answer is that someone knows these logins and has been logging in to your computer and then accessing those accounts..

Did your family members used to share a common computer in the past?

okay, I re read past posts and see that some came from 5 years ago on a different family computer...

yeah the scanners would be first best thing to use...

I hope you get this sorted out.. It sure looks like someone that shouldn't have access to your computer somehow does...

[edit on 12-8-2010 by alienreality]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

maybe to hide some crime that would only link back to your machine..

[edit on 12-8-2010 by alienreality]

Thank you very much for your time and all the help that you have done for me here, I will look into see who this might be, it would probably be someone pretty "Computer Savy" to do this so that narrows it down a little.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Last night I was thinking what would happen if I were to start typing the first letter of the whole alphabet A-Z in the sign in box one at a time. I did this and got dozens of email addresses and screen names.

I am asking everyone to try this to see what comes up on their computers.

Now i am wondering how this could happen when I know it wasn't done from my computer.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
First of all, and sorry if you already posted it, you should give us more information, like what browser do you use and what operating system, knowing that is easier for us to try to understand what's happening.

Second, don't worry too much about it, after looking more in depth into the problem, if there's really something strange on your computer, then you can worry.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
First of all, and sorry if you already posted it, you should give us more information, like what browser do you use and what operating system, knowing that is easier for us to try to understand what's happening.

Second, don't worry too much about it, after looking more in depth into the problem, if there's really something strange on your computer, then you can worry.

Windows XP and Google

Ok I'm not worrying too much anymore I'm just thing of how this could happen.
Maybe this could be something Facebook is doing possibly?

[edit on 13-8-2010 by ShadowRamesses]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Windows XP and Google

OK, that explains the brown line around the text boxes, Google Chrome does that.

If you shut-down your computer it's easy to see if it was used, just right-click on "My computer", and choose the "Manage" option from the menu. Then, open the "Event viewer" node and select the "System" node. On the right side it will show when was the last time the computer was used, just search for the line with "eventlog" in the "source" column.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Windows XP and Google

OK, that explains the brown line around the text boxes, Google Chrome does that.

If you shut-down your computer it's easy to see if it was used, just right-click on "My computer", and choose the "Manage" option from the menu. Then, open the "Event viewer" node and select the "System" node. On the right side it will show when was the last time the computer was used, just search for the line with "eventlog" in the "source" column.

Hey thanks for the tips, I use to know how to do that but forgot how to do it, I will check it out, and see what it says.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Clearing your internet explorer history often will help. It seems the Facebook's log on page saves alll email addresses and even passwords as cookies..

My example with this issue was a close call. Everyone goes on facebook on the computers at school. About 4 classes of 25+ students frequent these rooms. I decided to go log on with my username. as i type in my first letter of my email. about 30-40 email addresses came up.I was like "i can hack them :O" .. and i tried it out by clicking on their email address brought up by the facebook page. as i clicked on their email address it copied the email address into the spot where you type yours. and it also pasted their password in the password typing space!!. I could literally log in by just clicking on a random persons email address. and i would be in... This was shocking to me.

It would seem Facebook's security is properly flawed as i read your replies.No wonder you hear so many accounts being hacked. ...

Very Serious issue we have here.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DoGBiTe

Does the browser have the possibility of saving passwords active? As it asks the first time someone enters a password, if that person answers "yes, for all sites" (or something like that) then the browser will create a list of user names and corresponding passwords for all sites, and it will keep on doing that until that option is changed.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
You seriously don't even need to click on remember password or save password. They would just type their username and password. Log in... finish what they wanted to do and log out. Then when you go to the facebook login page. their email address is also saved. u just click on it. and their username and password fills the gaps. Try it. You'll be shocked.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DoGBiTe

I have done that many times and it doesn't show a thing, I always have to enter my user name and password.

The only occasions in which a user name appears (but never the password) is when I click a link that was sent me on an e-mail from Facebook and that has the user name already in the link.

Edit: the whole description looks like what happens when you have the browser managing passwords. In what browser does that happen?
edit on 21/10/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I was simply providing an example where facebook let me down on more then one occasion. It was on Internet Explorer. and it could have been a hacked facebook. very similar to the real 1. Mind you the students that use these computers wish to become Pillars in the Computer society. Some even hack.. xD

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DoGBiTe

That's my point, how do you know if it was Facebook or Internet Explorer?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is likely not a virus, Trojan, or any other foul play.
If any of those emails were used in ANY forms or fields since the inception of that OS install on your machine, then your computer is going to retain that data for future use. Because of it being emails of family members, this probably means that people may have used your computer without you knowing, but just used it for facebook.

When you fill out a form or field on a HTML and/or PHP based webpage, that form has an "id" associated with it to tell PHP how to process it with the $_POST or $_GET functions. In this case, facebook's is input.inputtext #email and input.inputtext #password. Those are extremely common input IDs and are used on quite a few sites.

In short? You probably have nothing to worry about. It just means relatives were using your machine.
EDIT: using your machine at SOME point in time. Not necessarily recently.

As for DoGBiTe, what you're talking about is called "phishing", and I don't think that's what was happening in your case. It's a school computer, and people always turn on the Auto Complete. It's just their fault for clicking the "Remember Me" box. (Which by the way, you shouldn't do on a public machine). With the way PHP and MySQL works, there is NO way Facebook was "giving" you emails and passwords. It doesn't work like that. It was the terminal, not the site.

--Z
edit on 26-10-2010 by LordZero because: Clarification on a point.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join