It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada prepares for arrival of migrants in B.C.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

It was sarcasm actually.

Personally, I think it should be a requirement for any nation to provide temporary shelter to refugees for a set period of time. Basically let them have some rest, feed them, give them some water and maybe have a doctor look at them. After which they are required to get back on the boat.

That would be the civilized and humane thing to do.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

The silent method you write the same silence that suggests to people in other countries to try to come here by any means. I feel the passive method doesn't work. I think this is why Canada has started the planning process in the acquisition of 65 JTS fighters. (I say planning because who knows how many we will get). When our soldiers are overseas, they conduct Fire demonstrations because they know the 'enemy' is watching and aware then of what can happen to them. It does not stop the enemy but makes them think. Although I do not agree with continual shows of force, I do agree with it a presentation every once in a while.

To allow the migrants get this far projects a message we will take them in when all others did not. We do have enough problems we are tryiing to solve in the country already. I think we provide an incorrect image by not promoting a strong image that illegal migration is not tolerated.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

I don't know about how we treated Natives that escaped to Canada from the states but I do know we had and still have a terrible record dealing with our own native people. There is a good documentary on it, UNREPENTANT: Kevin Annett and Canada's Genocide on google. I used to think Canada was always good, sadly I was wrong.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

I have read that they were treated well, but that was back in school and I went to a US public school back in the 80's and early 90's, the books could have lied or just been incorrect. I will have to look more into that to confirm or refute my comment.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am not sure what to think of this "terrorist" group because that would only mean cia formed and backed to me, and that this was a pre-arranged way to get some more of their nwo plans going. Sorry, the world is not what you think it is.

But as for immigration along with refugees, since we do tax them, in our monied society, every one that finds employment creates 6 service jobs. Facts.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The immigration process is established, refugees from Tamil, sailing all the way to Canada? Are there no other countries along the way? That's right, Canada will let them stay just like the last group that landed here.

If you live in a country that you need to leave you should call one of your relatives in Canada and ask them to sponsor you, like everyone else is supposed to do.

If there is even on Tamil Tiger on that boat it should be turned back. They are terrorists, the ones that made it here.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
True story...

I lost out on an IT contracting job because most people there were Caucasian and they needed more minorities in the field.

wtf!?

I completely believe you. I used to work for a major financial institution in Vancouver BC and I lost out on a job because they were also looking for the best "visible minority" for the job. I think they were calling it "Managing Diversity". What a bunch of crap. How can you run a business by hiring the "best of the worst".
You hire the best person for the job regardless of race, gender, sexual pref etc.

There, now I feel a bit better.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
who said the us doesn't have an open door policy. if it was up to idiots in washington alone borfer with mexico wouldn't be guarded at all. ask any local leo along border communities and they well tell you goverment doesn't do jack to stop illegals. and yes we do take in refuges in this country to 15 miles from me is a rather large community of refuges from the country formerly called burma. i work with several hundred of these karen people work with me in a factory in new bern nc. they are very hard working and very proud. as opposed to other groups who come here to peddle their drugs or burden our welfare system.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Who was on Tamil ship a mystery

Vic Toews, the nation’s public safety minister, continued to voice defiance against smugglers, who reportedly have two more ships poised to follow the fresh wake here.

They better send every one of them back, because if any are allowed to stay this will just be the begining. Two boats already waiting to hear what Canada does with these people.

<< 1   >>

join