It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate for `President of Earth' visits Miami in geodesic boat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Candidate for `President of Earth' visits Miami in geodesic boat

www.miamiherald.com

By ELINOR J. BRECHER
[email protected]

As his geodesic houseboat meanders south along the Intracoastal Waterway, Roger Drowne -- candidate for President of Earth -- is promoting his platform:

End war.

Clean the planet.

Paint all government buildings rainbow colors.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
In this day and age when many Americans are promoting war, sweeping environmental catastrophes under the rug, and lining up in lockstep to march to the beat of the Powers that Be on a road to a New World Order, one New England artist is looking to create a New World Order of his own.

With a lot of innovative ideas, and a determination to ‘connect’ with like minded people, he has set off in his environment and ecosphere friendly home made houseboat to meet voters in his quest to become President of Earth.

A feel good story of an optimist who dares to be different, and presently an unopposed shoe-in for the job, as no one else is yet running.

I wonder how long it will take Democrats to claim he is actually the Republican Party in disguise.

For those progressive thinkers out there, you are definitely not alone.

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am distraught, where are all the calls of "You must run for President of Earth too Proto?"

I need an eco-friendly boat too. ATS is clearly not enough!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I love feel good threads, not enough of them on ATS these days, Roger Drowne has the right idea, end war, clean the planet and paint all government buildings rainbow colors, also like his priorities, number one end the war, he has my vote, where do I sign up?

Rainbows will be the new rage..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5583c8a5378a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
I love feel good threads, not enough of them on ATS these days, Roger Drowne has the right idea, end war, clean the planet and paint all government buildings rainbow colors, also like his priorities, number one end the war, he has my vote, where do I sign up?

Rainbows will be the new rage..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5583c8a5378a.jpg[/atsimg]

I agree clearly he has stolen my platform, and I think it's time the dirt and mud slinging begin in this contest.

Clearly the Rainbow colors are a secret gay agenda to have Bravo Network doing a reality show on redecorating Government buildings.

I prefer a more a more 'manly' South Western motive of Teals, Mauves and other Rust colors that aren't as confusing but warm and inviting too.

There are reasons, real important reasons to vote for me, I am not four more years of Roger!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I am distraught, where are all the calls of "You must run for President of Earth too Proto?"

Of course I would vote for you over Roger, didn't realize you had announced your candidacy officially.

As far as an eco-friendly boat goes, start building, I will be glad to send you my recyclables, just tell me when and where or you might want to sail to the plastic island in the Pacific and take what you need, sure there is enough for everybody.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Everyone forgets about vivid tangerine....

[edit on 12-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Everyone forgets about vivid tangerine....

[edit on 12-8-2010 by DaMod]

How could one forget Tangerine, Tangerine living reflection of a dream...to think of her again and I do!

I was her love,

She was my queen...

and now a thousand years inbetween!

[edit on 12/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Of course I would vote for you over Roger, didn't realize you had announced your candidacy officially.

As far as an eco-friendly boat goes, start building, I will be glad to send you my recyclables, just tell me when and where or you might want to sail to the plastic island in the Pacific and take what you need, sure there is enough for everybody.

See this is where my oponent clearly lies.

My oponent says he can create jobs? Yet he admits to building his own boat!

No, not me, I shall have ship builders of the planet who engage in building boats for a profession build mine.

Naturally I will be charging this to my campaign contribution chest too!

Unlike my opponent who created no jobs, in building his own small enviro-eco friendly boat, I shall employ millions to build the greatest vessel the world has ever seen!

I think it becomes clearer with every post why I am more qualified for the job of President of Earth.

[edit on 12/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Seems he's had an 'awakening' of the 'Good' kind.
Good for him.
Could be good for you.....

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What a beautiful notion. If only it could be sold on the spoiled youth of today. People need to take time to feel what life really is. I would bet that most of the positive comments you get on this thread will come from those who are either aquarius, or cusp of. Because these are the people who are very concious of the earth and protecting her.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

The man certainly seems a affable and gentle soul. It takes a lot of charachter and verve to do what he is doing.

There aren't to many romantic adventurers in today's world, it's nice to know some still exist.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Silly, Silly Silly.

top topics

join