It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Infants Growing Breasts: Another Disaster From Hormones in Milk Production

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I actually wanted to start a thread on milk last week. I had read a new label message on the milk container and wanted to get people's thoughts on it.

The message is from the FDA and states that there is "no significant difference" between milk with hormone treatment and without.@@

I cried BS when I read it but AT LEAST the milk we buy now no longer uses the hormones(the local dairy is such a nice company, I wouldn't put it past them).

@@EDIT: Actual message on container, it is in two parts.

"NO ARTIFICIAL GROWTH HORMONES*

*FDA States: No significant difference in milk from cows treated with artificial growth hormone."

It is silly because there really is no difference in taste at all but they fail to mention the health risks of the growth hormones!

[edit on 8/14/2010 by TheBloodRed]

[edit on 8/14/2010 by TheBloodRed]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Yep, that's a scary scenario for men AC. Early on I mentioned the "bro" made famous in the Seinfeld TV series. And so we now have food chemistry aiding in the development of "man boobs" as well as, in my case for example, a less active lifestyle. It's not that I'm not busy with work and the rest of life, it's just that the types of physical activity I do get are not conducive to long-term health. And so the obligatory "gym membership" and late night jaunts to "feel better" about my aging body.

We're not designed for all of this cross chemistry that is happening in modern foods. But we are fortunate to also live at a time where there are measures that can correct or partially reverse some of these missteps. We live and learn. (Hopefully learn)

We grow too soon old and too late smart. - Pennsylvania Deutsch proverb

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Thanks for that JP.
Another case of TMI for me.

Er...... pass the non-dairy creamer please!

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Hemisphere]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Thanks for sharing that googol. It's like I said, very scary. I doubt you have enough there to sue and it would be tough to pin who or what to sue down. I would first used maybe hydrogen peroxide to clean out the bite and then some Neosporin ointment. I know some are totally against the anti-bacterials. That's just me. I for one don't like whole milk in large quantities. I do like milk products though.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth

I am deeply ashamed these people came from my country. I personally would like to have seen them charged and jailed.

Don't take their sins to heart. Bad and ignorant people are all around us. Doesn't it seem that the Chinese people are used as "guinea pigs" time and again?

There is pressure on us from many levels of modern society to not act out, or speak up and leave things to the next guy down the road. I for one could not do that. I have instances in my work, I'm a laboratory manager for a small company (not food or pharmaceuticals), and I give the management input on these things I see that might pose even minor threats to our customers. I am fortunate that my management embraces that attitude.

Thanks for the input!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
rBGH is now from Eli Lilly.

They bought it from Monsanto.

Time to redirect the attacks to the new owner.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
it's not ONLY in the milk production, it's in the meat itself, to make it grow faster to produce more..

yea, my nieces are a victim's as well..

Very true regarding the meat itself. Hormones, antibiotics and more. I mentioned very early on I've gotta move toward the natural beef when I do eat it. It's available and even at some restaurants.

You mentioned your nieces. Is it just me, or are girls and women in general all developing breasts earlier and larger than 30 years ago? It makes me sound rude that I'm taking such note. But seriously, what do the women reading this thread think? Or is this just more of our society focusing on sex? There has obviously been an increase in women augmenting their breasts through surgery. But what do you think, are women "bigger" without surgery than in the past? Is this food chemistry altering our development?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Babies with breastaces, are you sure it's not just baby fat?

Not according to this article Alx. It's far more than baby fat. With baby fat, and I'm winging it here, it's an overall plumpness of the child. This is not that, this is particularly larger breasts. That's scary. We so often hear that kids are growing up faster and faster, losing their innocence and childhood years. This will not help these children if it does not subside to a more normal appearance.

"Stay thirsty my friend" just lay off the milk.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBloodRed

@@EDIT: Actual message on container, it is in two parts.

"NO ARTIFICIAL GROWTH HORMONES*

*FDA States: No significant difference in milk from cows treated with artificial growth hormone."

Thank you for that Red! Very suspicious to say essentially this product does not have these ingredients but it would not matter even if it did. What double-speak crap!

You should be able to find local dairy products, at a price I'm sure, that you can feel more assured don't have the additives. Organics are big business. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
rBGH is now from Eli Lilly.

They bought it from Monsanto.

Time to redirect the attacks to the new owner.

Thanks for that j! No attacking here, just some pointed observations.

Hey chemicals, they are us! (Could I copyright that?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join