It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chunk of original earth found

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Chunk of original earth found

Came across this earlier, Cool read.

"

Imagine you suddenly discovered part of your umbilical cord was still attached. Scientists just did that for the planet Earth. What's been found is a clear sign that beneath the crust in northern Canada there is a chunk of pristine, undisturbed rock from the time when Earth was nothing but molten rock.
"

Source

Mods if this is in the wrong place or has been posted already my apologies.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Very cool! Thanks for posting.
It never ceases to amaze me, how much we think we know about our place in the universe, compared to how much we continue to discover right under our noses.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
discoveries like this are very cool, I like for science to have to re work all their theories to fit facts.!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Id love to be able to grab a chunk of that rock. Set it on my coffee table or something then when someone asks why is there a rock there, Simply reply with because its a 60 million year old rock! it was here first.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is interesting but I'm not sure what would be different from today's magma and original magma. It seems like they would be the same for the most part. But then again I'm not a geologist either,

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
cool find, that made my eyes open up, for i am just waking up, thank you for finding proof that the earth is older than some say.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is clearly disinfo spread by the liberal jew media in an attempt to "prove" the earth is more than 6000 years old.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
POSTED BY FUNSHINEZ: "This is clearly disinfo spread by the liberal jew media in an attempt to "prove" the earth is more than 6000 years old."

------???? Wow. LOL What? For real? I'm not Jewish or African American, but suddenly I feel like I'm at a clan rally or a neo nazi meeting at the local armory for some reason.

Researching the works of Britsh scientist Graham Hancock (and others) will show that the Earth is at least 12,500 years old (at the very least). Simply: The pyramids at Giza are lined-up to match the constellation of Orion. However, they are slightly off. Over the course of thousands of years, the stars change in appearance to us. The pyramids at Giza line up PERFECTLY when compared to how that constellation looked in the year 10,500 BC. Also, the positioning of the temple(s) at Angkor What in Cambodia are lined-up to the constellation Draco, or the Dragon constellation. Same thing. They line up to how that constellation looked in 10,500 BC. Since it is 2,000 years since Christ, that makes the world at least 12,500 years old. On a side note, it hints that there was a connected, GLOBAL civilization all those years ago.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic about the jew comment

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Funshinez

ok i do not believe in radio carbon dating, for it too is off by 1,000 years, but if you go by the a day is a year and a year is a day then you look at the numbers and other book's listing the who be gate who the one gen being 1000, then 1000 times that by 10 there you have 10,000 before Noah, and his life span was 950 years so did Noah live 950 days? No he lived 950 years now we come to the days after Noah and there is and i for get the gen between Noah and Davide the David to the lord and savor and the 12 then the 12 to us is how many years? this i just my view of it.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Funshinez

ok i do not believe in radio carbon dating, for it too is off by 1,000 years, but if you go by the a day is a year and a year is a day then you look at the numbers and other book's listing the who be gate who the one gen being 1000, then 1000 times that by 10 there you have 10,000 before Noah, and his life span was 950 years so did Noah live 950 days? No he lived 950 years

So you don't believe in radio carbon dating but you do believe that there was a man named Noah who lived to be 950 years old? SERIOUSLY? Not trying to be rude or anything about your belief structure but 950 years old, really? Maybe I misunderstood.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Just the wording of this doesn't make any sense.

The entire Earth is the original Earth, duh.

Well, minus a few meteorites, but thats totally negligible at like .0000001%.

Cmon' people!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentStigma

i agree with him!....noah is real and when they did a radio carbon test at dallas love field on the airport ramp, it was 11,000 years old

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I don't trust scientist as far as I can throw them. They have doctored evidence too much, and they jump to conclusions constantly. I don' put to much faith in their statements, and I recommend others don't as well.

I know it is hard to break that training, but try.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funshinez
This is clearly disinfo spread by the liberal jew media in an attempt to "prove" the earth is more than 6000 years old.

Actually it used to be "The Universe is 6000years old."

But when Astronomers pointed out, that the sky is full of stars and galaxies, and that due to the measurable speed of light, that these heavenly objects must be billions of 'light years' away in most cases; proved that the Universe was ancient and trillions of years old.

So now it's just the Earth and not the entire Universe? Please clarify.

I don't know maybe it is actually 6000yrs old, but really you have to realize it sure looks like it's billions of years old.

Oh yeah, and the Bible clearly states this:

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

2 Peter 3:8

Even the Bible proves that you cannot establish a legit age of the Earth or Universe. IT CLEARLY says that to God time is mutable and malleable like clay.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yeah, yeah, yeah. The Earth is only 6,000 years old and dinosaur bones are just the leftovers from Gods Lego set...

I'm only a layperson but I think that the chemical makeup of the original rock probably has some differences from modern rock and possibly even modern magma as core temperatures and environmental conditions were so different during the formative period of the planet.

I'd love for somebody smarter than me to come along and tell us the actual answer though, as I am only making a slightly educated guess.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

you sort of did radio carbon dating is off by 1000, years- to make it clear let's say you find an item and you want to know how old it is so you have it RCD, ok the result says its 12560 years old when it should be 13560 years old, and yes i do believe a man called Noah lived to be 950 years old.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree that this makes sense, but how do we know what that chemical make up was. Saying that It is just different does not prove anything

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The scientists are being totally misleading though.

A long time ago, Earth could have been just like it is today, and a massive meteorite could have crashed into the Earth and destroyed the entire crust causing it to liquefy into molten lava planet-wide.

This process could have happened more than once as well.

There is pretty much no way to know for sure.

So using the word "Original" is highly misleading and just plain BS.

Why the hell are our scientists jumping to conclusions?

Oh yeah, because mainstream "science" isn't really science at all, it's more like a faith based religion when you boil it down to it's core.

I see no difference between a religious person claiming it's 6000years old (without reading their own Bible) , and a scientist claiming this rock is part of the "original" Earth (ignoring the fact almost all of Earth is "original" and that the liquefaction process could have occurred multiple times.)

It's all religions without clear reasoning to me. So I reject both side's conclusions as bunk.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

If memory serves the ancient atmosphere of earth was far more acidic, hot, and the planet had a much, much higher atmospheric pressure. All these factors should have or would have effected the rock and how it formed once it was exposed.

But, again, not being a geologist is tying my hands a bit as I can only generalize about things I've read or seen on PBS here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join