It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staff Tackles and Chokes Deaf Shopper suspected of Shoplifting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Staff Tackles and Chokes Deaf Shopper suspected of Shoplifting

www.youtube.com

This is what I know, The two guys who are deaf were in the Clothing store XXI and apparently they were shopping, Staff must have seen them do something to suspect them of stealing, but that doesn't have any support or facts. Before I started filming. The Big Black dude in Jeans who mighta been a store detective jumps and tackles the large hispanic deaf guy. from there I remembered my new phone and turned on the camera.)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Two deaf guys shopping, after buying some items they leave the store. The alarm goes off and the deaf people are tackled due to not being able to hear the alarm. His friend tries to explain and to show the security their receipts but they continue to choke him and pin him to the floor, pretty shocking :/

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I embed the vid to make it more convenient :

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What the hell! Are people that passive to just stand there and watch the guy choke the guy and video tape it and wait for security? How sickening for both parties. I would have stepped in regardless of the consequences.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by DAMOo

That's not just shocking, that's downright nauseating.

It's sad that there are many in that line of work who go to such lengths and that their aren't higher standards for applicants and sensitivity training.

Nothing is worse than someone in uniform who's in it for the "thrill of the chase".

This makes me wish I was qualified for such a position. I'd gladly do my damnedest to restore a sense of dignity to the profession.

I hope that young man gets his day in court and is duly compensated, and the offensive guard removed and barred from future employment in that capacity.

Our society shouldn't have to tolerate Thought Police who can't think beyond the "grab and slab" methodology.

[edit on 8/12/10 by GENERAL EYES] extra DIV

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That's how bad it can get.

When people are allowed to look over the public with no oversight themselves, they can get away with most anything.

I saw a 14 year old kid get his nose broken, both eyes swell shut, and split open from his hairline to his eyebrow by a (obviously steroided) muscle-bound security guard for stealing a bike lock at Wal-Mart.

I told the kid "don't say ANYTHING to this guy or the cops until you talk to a lawyer!!"

I hope he followed my advice...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

Yea but if you were just strolling by you woiuldnt know what the guy did or didnt do all you would know is security is choking some guy. for all you know he could have just mugged an old lady...just sayin

[edit on 12-8-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

I hear ya. It's too bad no one gave that security guard the old macho man randy savage elbow drop, or at least restrained him with the old jake the snake sleeper hold.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
reply to post by DAMOo

That's not just shocking, that's downright nauseating.

It's sad that there are many in that line of work who go to such lengths and that their aren't higher standards for applicants and sensitivity training.

Not only is it nauseating, it is down right sickening to watch.

The person who filmed the video should also feel bad about themselves as well for not stepping in and breaking this fiasco apart. Also, it would not have hurt to have had the police show up and explain to them what you saw happen. If they would have asked you to show them the video so that they could see and get an idea as to what happened, show them the video. After you show them the video, I bet the cops would have formed their own, and correct, opinion as to who was in the wrong.

You know, maybe some people in this line of work do this because they know they aren't smart enough to become a cop in the first place. I would have thought that more places would have a tougher sensitivity training regiment to keep things like this from happening. I would also think that stores would also have a strict hiring process for applicants to keep this, and legal action against the company, from happening in the near future.

Just my $.02 worth of opinion......

top topics

join