It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cancer' patient grows pea plant in his lung

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
THey feed on blood ! Better than earth.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sounds like he had the right idea, just the wrong plant! ;|

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

I get yah

An interesting defence... I'm sorry officer but it's part of my anatomy!

Lung anyone?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Oh no, that's really actually common stuff. Most of the time it happens with fungus. I had a friend who actually started growing fungus in her lungs after breathing in spores. These type of things tend to occur with people who have compromised immune systems or lung disorders such as Asthma.

Granted. In this particular case however, it is a life form of a botanical nature with a totally separate means of survival. A seed sprouted in someone's respiratory system. A pea no less.
I did some looking though and I did find another case of a similar occurrence. A 2009 article entitled "Russian doctors find plant growing in man's lung".

Moscow, April 13: Surgeons in Russia's Urals region were staggered to find a five-cm high spruce growing inside a man's lung, the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily reported Monday.

The discovery was made while Artyom Sidorkin, 28, from the Urals city of Izhevsk, was undergoing surgery.

Source

[edit on 12-8-2010 by DaMod]

[edit on 12-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Maybe the "survivalists" can keep this in mind for when the time comes.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Oh man this is funny, don't these plants know that they have to wait for humans to become fertilizer first before growing in them. It seems that mother nature created humans as a quick way to fertilize plants. Were does the # go? Please redirect it to grow plants...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
photosynthesis!!! plants need sunlight. i always thought plants couldnt sprout leaves without sunlight. from what i know, you plant a seed and water it. seed sprouts roots and then begins to climb upward (based on gravity or something along those lines. plant knows where to go). i would think that the plant would grow through the skin and sprout out of his chest.. can someone please explain this to me?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tweakedvisions

What I think is that the "seed" that unfortunately was inhaled into the lungs has the ability to grow without sunlight.

Just like any seed that gets buried under a little dirt, the seed itself, once it comes in contact with enough moisture, and the right temperature, has the nutrition/food inside the seed without sunlight to allow it to grow a certain amount of time to reach sunlight and then kick photosynthesis into gear.

If not, then any seed that was buried under a little dirt (which is what most seeds require TO grow) would never grow and would remain dormant.

I doubt many of these plants would have been healthy plants or would have lived for long once it depleted its food supplied inside the seed itself.

It was just the right amount of moisture and the right temperature for the seed to start growing and it probably would have died before long.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It occurs to me that human evolution may endow us with the ability to become photsynthetic if growing our own food is to be outlawed. It always has a trick up its sleeve. Maybe some individual will incorporate chloroplasts into their cellular matrix and not have to eat any longer.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Tree of Life?
The Fountain anyone?

This sounds like something that comes out of a movie!
I wonder what water went down the wrong pipe for him!

<< 1   >>

join